• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Predictions

Originally posted by shiznit+Aug 21 2004, 03:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shiznit @ Aug 21 2004, 03:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Aug 20 2004, 02:35 AM

We simply don't need the sick, degenerative, perverted, overweight, overpaid, unfit, untalented and boring "athletes" to be shown on our televisions or discussed on our sacred rugby boards!
dude, we could say the same thing about the roosters forward pack!!
<
[/b]
Are you kidding? We have the fittest team in the comp!
<

They're not exactly boring and untalented either. You're probably right about all the other statements though.

im just stirring boys.
the roosters pack are the benchmark.
ive been a parra fan since i was about 6 years old.
giving Easts a good wrap is a bloody hard thing for me todo.

difference between rugby and football
if we took away the gear in American Football their would be about 30 or 40 deaths a season now that would make a great spectator sport
<

exactly the preime difference between rugby and football and this is why they have padding in American Football is in American Football they actively seek out the big hits every single play. The reason for this is to prvent the other team from getting yardage because in American Football yardage is everything. In rugby however hits are more controlled and instead of trying to knock the guy back as far as you can you are trying too win the ball from him.

Oh and St_Helens I;m sure you have never even played a game of American Football I'm sure if you had a 6'6 250lbs african american defensive back getting about a 20 yard running head start on you and aiming to literally punch you out of the sky in mid air you'd want some some protection aswell.

The problem here is most of you who are commenting on how pussy football players are for wearing gear have probably never played a game of football in your life so you have nothing to base your arguments on other then the fact that you play rugby and you think you are elite
<

Both sports are rough and they are both played in a very different way

go raiders and warren sapp....they kicked the sh?t outta the bucs
<
<
<
...black and silver for life....

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Sep 19 2004, 06:40 AM
if we took away the gear in American Football their would be about 30 or 40 deaths a season now that would make a great spectator sport
<
hahaha what a load of ****!!
dont get me wrong, im a huge NFL fan.
but you must admit, there pretty soft compared to rugby union and rugby league players.
especially league players. if you have any doubts just watch the State Of Origin series.
and i can come up with quite afew reasons as to why league players are tougher.

1. they dont wear pretective pads and helmets.
2. they dont stop the game for a comercial break every 5 mins.
3. they play both Offence and Deffence in a game.
4. most league players make more then 5 tackles a game.
5. Jerry Rice is over 40 years old, theres no way in hell someone of that age would be playing in the NRL. most players retire around 32.

Originally posted by shiznit+Sep 29 2004, 12:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shiznit @ Sep 29 2004, 12:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Sep 19 2004, 06:40 AM
<
hahaha what a load of ****!!
dont get me wrong, im a huge NFL fan.
but you must admit, there pretty soft compared to rugby union and rugby league players.
especially league players. if you have any doubts just watch the State Of Origin series.
and i can come up with quite afew reasons as to why league players are tougher.

1. they dont wear pretective pads and helmets.
2. they dont stop the game for a comercial break every 5 mins.
3. they play both Offence and Deffence in a game.
4. most league players make more then 5 tackles a game.
5. Jerry Rice is over 40 years old, theres no way in hell someone of that age would be playing in the NRL. most players retire around 32. [/b]
I agree with you on most points though shiznit. Like I said take away the padding and you would see a huge decrease in injuries I believe. Things they do in the NFL are cheap like headbutts etc.

Plus they tackle like f***ing pussies but I was just saying when the NFL first started it was f***ing hardcore. they had like 23 deaths from playing every year. It was even banned in the early years from American High Schools by teddy roosevelt in favor of rugby because to many people were getting hurt. Now its just like all things american shitty product with too much commercialization
<

Back on topic:

I'm rooting for Denver (obviously). We have the #1 defense in the NFL atm. Ok, our running game is not good but this is due to the departure of Alex Gibbs, the O-Line coach and not Portis.

If Denver can get Quentin Griffin round the ends, he will do a lot of damage and we also have Tatum Bell who is much in the same mould as Portis.

The passing attack is looking a bit inconsistent. Plummer is getting pressured quite a lot and the line needs to step up the pass protection. We have 4 key passing targets: Rod Smith (great player), Ashley Lelie (developing well), Darius Watts (should have been a first rounder according to many such as Byron Leftwich, very quick) and Jeb Putzier (3rd year TE, solid pass catcher)

If Denver's O-Line can sort itself out, Denver will have a good run this season. We're at 3-1 ATM but with Carolina next week it'll be a toughie.

As well as this, we have a weak division. San Diego have LT and erm....no one else, the Chiefs are great comedy value this season. And the Raiders are improving but not enough to really challenge for the division ***le (lost to Houston...).

This I think sums up KC's season:

lynchhitshall.gif

another reason, rugby and league players only run out if they 1 want to end the game and if there is too much pressure on them and the only safe option is too run too touch, whereas i see the great marshall faulk **** himself and run out a couple of times yesterday, what a pussy.

Originally posted by neh@Oct 5 2004, 12:42 PM
another reason, rugby and league players only run out if they 1 want to end the game and if there is too much pressure on them and the only safe option is too run too touch, whereas i see the great marshall faulk **** himself and run out a couple of times yesterday, what a pussy.
That might be because he wanted to stop the clock...

Originally posted by Ripper+Oct 6 2004, 10:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Oct 6 2004, 10:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Oct 5 2004, 12:42 PM
That might be because he wanted to stop the clock... [/b]
again people who know nothing about football. Like Ripper said he wanted to stop the clock and their is no point getting smashed if you don't have to. IN RU or RL if you run out of bounds the other team gets the ball where as in football you still get to keep the ball.

every meter counts doesnt it and hey it aint to stop the clock well that is an exuse but what about when the poofs hit the deck so they dont get tackled?

Originally posted by neh@Oct 6 2004, 02:58 PM
every meter counts doesnt it and hey it aint to stop the clock well that is an exuse but what about when the poofs hit the deck so they dont get tackled?
I don't know why don't you ask him
<

I'd like to thank Canadian_Rugger for fighting the good fight, showing that football and rugby are apples and oranges and to compare who is fittest and better is an exercise in futility.

They are both equally skilled and each require a great level of fitness, even the massive offensive line men who push their weight around in an explosion of physical intensity, though they look like sumo wrestlers.

And as a lot of you grow up watching and playing rugby, we grow up watching and playing football -- very similar to religious beliefs -- it is what is indoctrinated in you at a formitive age.

Plus, you've got the upper hand, none of us are going to slag off rugby, but you know about American Football. But if forced to make gross assertions, I give you this:

AFL? That's a silly convict game.

Latest posts