• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Predictions

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 7 2004, 02:16 PM
New Zealand has an army now? What a day we live in...
yeah its a small force wally

Great in small unit tactics etc but Operational mobility is not very high

I really sdon't think your army can operate effectively above the company level

im going in january and yes our basic is 12 weeks also, so i see u gave up c_rugger, good on ya mate!
<

Originally posted by neh@Dec 8 2004, 11:35 AM
im going in january and yes our basic is 12 weeks also, so i see u gave up c_rugger, good on ya mate!
<
gave up what hasslin you lol

Not really i could still smoke ur ass lol :-D

Originally posted by neh@Dec 8 2004, 11:35 AM
<
yeah but I doubt the army would help very much with hand to hand lol

thats a seperate course
<
and its a technique called Jap Slapping lol and its not really necessary
<
although I do nkow any of our boys heading over to Bosnia have to take it
<
You'd be much better qualifying on something useful like M203 course or a SAW :-D

The only really thing Basic will teach is the Bayonet kill :-D lol like you'd ever get close enough to someone to use that **** lol

Originally posted by neh@Dec 8 2004, 11:40 AM
no no u gave up
<
I just found out u were going in the forces which made me semi respect you lol

but I loved the whole thing about I will kick ur ass after I finish "Basic Training"

it made me laugh

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Dec 8 2004, 11:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Dec 8 2004, 11:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Dec 7 2004, 02:16 PM

I really sdon't think your army can operate effectively above the company level [/b]
What the.. ? You're an army nerd, haha. I thought we had a pretty decent army from I'd heard. Not based on numbers but on skill level or 'operational mobility' or whatever it is you want to call it. I've got a brother-in-law in the SAS. I thought they were going alright.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 8 2004, 11:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 8 2004, 11:44 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Dec 8 2004, 11:30 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

What the.. ? You're an army nerd, haha. I thought we had a pretty decent army from I'd heard. Not based on numbers but on skill level or 'operational mobility' or whatever it is you want to call it. I've got a brother-in-law in the SAS. I thought they were going alright. [/b]
dude ur from Australia I am talking about NZ

Aussie army is about the same as ours here

NZ are pros at small scale operations but theya ren't alrge enough to be that prepped for larger than company level maneuvers.

I read an article about it when they were posted in East Timor

(Yes I am an Army nerd and a military historian!!! I lvoe politics and history)

SAS is a little different than your regular army mate thats special forces those guys are elite.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 8 2004, 11:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 8 2004, 11:44 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Dec 8 2004, 11:30 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

What the.. ? You're an army nerd, haha. I thought we had a pretty decent army from I'd heard. Not based on numbers but on skill level or 'operational mobility' or whatever it is you want to call it. I've got a brother-in-law in the SAS. I thought they were going alright. [/b]
what I mean by operational mobility is like what type of operations your armed forces can carry out. new Zealanders are great for Low Scale **** like below company level but once you get past that like upto Battalion Strength it becomes difficult because of their low numbers.

Aussie is very good army. Your army is about the same as ours.

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 8 2004, 11:52 AM
He told me they were up there with the best in the world. For SAS that is.
SAS is

SAS is the Special Air Service (that is cream of the crop of the army)

Canada has a similar Special Force called JTF2

300 members in the unit
they are over operating in Afghanistan right now along with ur SAS fellas hunting down terrorists and other fine folks lol

Back on topic...

I got 20 bucks on Peyton Manning reaching 49 touchdowns this week (against the Ravens isnt it?)

Cincinnati Bengals is like all the professional muslim football players on one team. Their uniform is pretty cool.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Dec 17 2004, 12:51 PM
Cincinnati Bengals is like all the professional muslim football players on one team. Their uniform is pretty cool.
anything wrong wit that??

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Dec 28 2004, 10:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Dec 28 2004, 10:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugby_Guy
@Dec 17 2004, 12:51 PM
anything wrong wit that?? [/b]
cant be great for team spirit having a load of tea-totalers on board.

I love how as soon as you refer to some race or other there is always someone who implies you're being rascist in some way. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, if I thought there was, I would myself clear as to what and why.

no i was just wondering if you gotta problem with muslims...i dont get them...down the street from here is a sign saying "...islam strongly opposes terrorism"...then i watch the news and i see street wars in the middle east and beheadings and all that crazy stuff and u see muhhamed ali fighting for his rights and hear mike tyson a converted muslim saying he wants to eat your kids.....
<

Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 3 2004, 01:40 PM
Jonah at:

Running back? No.

Think Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, etc, etc, etc.

Wide Receiver? No.

Think Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Steve Largent, etc, etc, etc.
jonah at running back yes-6ft'6 120kgs...100m-10secs
shore he would get smashed on occasions running backs usually do..but once he gets past the line backers its game ova for the secondary...plus with all those pads
on super gigantic thighs he'd look like a mini tank..

he would make a great reciever...but rokocoko would be a perfect reciever...
neh said sumthing bout rupeni....he would be a good receiver too...seeing him 1-on-1 with anyone in a footrace is damn good sight...he would be damaging on the wings of the field...just run some screens and hell make 10yards a reception if he was one on one with a db...

matt utai from the canterbury bulldogs would be my pick as a perfert convert...he would be an excellent running back...and put him on kick returns and watch him go
hes got everything a running back needs...good vision,speed,strength,agility,hands...just needs to learn the holes and plays and hes good...still young too

Latest posts