• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Predictions

GO RAMS! WOO! Even though I prefer CFL, NFL can sometimes be very entertaining, I just think the season is too long with too many teams and CFL is exactly the opposite.

Heh...St. Louis lost to the Fish. Embarrassing, very embarrasing.

Denver-Cincy MNF....on Channel 5, 1:40 tomorrow morning! Wooo! Ahley Lelie vs Deltha O-Neal = many TDs for Jake!

Time to bring back a dead topic...

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you hate Adam Vinateri and Tom Brady?

Originally posted by neh@Oct 6 2004, 02:58 PM
every meter counts doesnt it and hey it aint to stop the clock well that is an exuse but what about when the poofs hit the deck so they dont get tackled?
Because the Average Linebacker is Taller and Heavier than Jonah Lomu

you mean fatter, hey mate ive watched quite alot of games ive got all the madden games i know all the rules. Anyway the day i see an union league player back down from a tackle or watever is the day i sign up too thesoccerforum

Obviously you havent seen some the kids at Colenso and Lindasfarne Colleges lately...

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 2 2004, 08:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 2 2004, 08:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Oct 6 2004, 02:58 PM
every meter counts doesnt it and hey it aint to stop the clock well that is an exuse but what about when the poofs hit the deck so they dont get tackled?
Because the Average Linebacker is Taller and Heavier than Jonah Lomu [/b]
The difference is he used his body as padding. I can't believe you could even mutter Jonah Lomu in the same sentence as linebacker or any other NFL position.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 2 2004, 10:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 2 2004, 10:37 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 2 2004, 08:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Oct 6 2004, 02:58 PM

Because the Average Linebacker is Taller and Heavier than Jonah Lomu
The difference is he used his body as padding. I can't believe you could even mutter Jonah Lomu in the same sentence as linebacker or any other NFL position. [/b]
Exactly.

Though it was entertaining to hear that the Washington Redskins at one time were courting Jonah, I really don't think he would have made it in the NFL as a running back (as the Skins were expressing interest), let alone any other position.

i would of chucked him in at HB, i reckon those weights they have of the madden players on the official sites are all ****, i was watching one game and the quarterback tom brady who is a runt weighs in at 225 pounds which is like 103 kilos no f***ing way is he that big

Originally posted by neh@Dec 3 2004, 11:06 AM
i would of chucked him in at HB, i reckon those weights they have of the madden players on the official sites are all ****, i was watching one game and the quarterback tom brady who is a runt weighs in at 225 pounds which is like 103 kilos no f***ing way is he that big
actually their are 339 players in the NFL over 300lbs

I think its quite right to say the NFL are a bunch of fat assholes

I think Jonah could make it as a running back easily. I think he would be more devastating as a wide reciever though as he would simply run over anyone that got in his way
<

I'd love to see Jonah play in the NFL so he could shutup all those assholes who compare fatasses in the NFL to Jonah Lomu
<

I'd also love to see him crush Deion Sanders (The f***ing prick Jonah will help him find god)
<

Jonah at:

Running back? No.

Think Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, etc, etc, etc.

Wide Receiver? No.

Think Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Steve Largent, etc, etc, etc.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 3 2004, 01:40 PM
Jonah at:

Running back? No.

Think Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, etc, etc, etc.

Wide Receiver? No.

Think Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Steve Largent, etc, etc, etc.
lol think ted washington (big fat blob of beef)

Well I think Jonah's basic core skills would make him have more potential than most. But most tricks used in football are different from rugby.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Dec 5 2004, 06:42 AM
Well I think Jonah's basic core skills would make him have more potential than most. But most tricks used in football are different from rugby.
one thing football players do is they make bigger hits. The mentality in football is to go straight for the big hit and most guys are just looking to give the big hit.

thats becuase its more logic too put in the big hit. In union u try and secure ball almost anyway u can, and tackling is one of the main ways of stealing ball. And if someone from union went to play football they would have the same mentality as all football players but use their brains more , like trying to rip the ball and actually catching interceptions instead of just knocking the ball down and acting like a hero

Latest posts