• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

So raiders moving to Vegas.

Feel for the Oakland supporters.

That's the trouble with franchises I guess...

Should make for better attendances though. Easier sells etc. I'm not fan of when Raiders play and baseball outline still on pitch

So raiders moving to Vegas.

Feel for the Oakland supporters.

That's the trouble with franchises I guess...

For the last few years watching a terrible team.

Get a good team that can potentially do stuff.

Team leaves.

Love the Raiders. The idea of a team upping and leaving still seems strange to me as a rugby fan (Wasps fans aside of course) that a team can up and leave despite years of watching the sport. Very sad they've left Oakland just on behalf of their fans who have stuck with them for so long only to see them go as they have a GM who's drafting well and playing it smart in free agency, and a coach who has them finally on the up. My Oakland Raiders beanie will always be a relic of an awful awful football team, but their die hard fans deserve so much more.
Hey at least it's not LA!

It's made worse IMO due to the fact that Raiders fans are pretty hardcore on the whole.
They're an excellent fanbase who buy tonnes of jerseys, have a very well known identity, and travel very well. The fact their fanbase followed them so passionately even though they're Cack is what drew me to them in the first place. That and liking N.W.A

Definately a dedicated group of fans, because of that I think they'll still follow the team as passionately as they did in Oakland, its not all that far away about a 90 minute flight so some may find themselves making a few flights out to Vegas

Definately a dedicated group of fans, because of that I think they'll still follow the team as passionately as they did in Oakland, its not all that far away about a 90 minute flight so some may find themselves making a few flights out to Vegas
I mean they certainly won't support any of the other teams in L.A that's for sure, but from a lot of the comments I've seen a lot of people are disenfranchised. I think you're right though. They'll follow the Raiders or no one for the most part.

If Tigers where to leave I wouldn't support anyone else in the league.

I mean it is easy for a club like wasps who have no identity or dedicated fans, but it is different when a sports team has a history in the area and do have a community that care no matter what.

If Munster moved I'd be very confused because that makes very little sense.

you'd get use to it

we have the lakers in los angeles where there are no lakes and the jazz in utah which is where white people moved to get away from jazz

I mean they certainly won't support any of the other teams in L.A that's for sure, but from a lot of the comments I've seen a lot of people are disenfranchised. I think you're right though. They'll follow the Raiders or no one for the most part.

If the Saints left New Orleans, I would burn all of my gear and never watch a NFL game again. It would be all College Football from there on. Sad thing is, it almost happened to us after Hurricane Katrina. Our owner wanted to move the team to San Antonio, Texas. Sadly, I have heard that the prick wants to relocate to the Mississippi coast after the Superdome lease expires (which would be idiotic). Louisiana certainly does not have the money to build another stadium at the moment.

Last edited:
RIP Aaron Hernandez.

I don't condone his crimes but he was a good football player. And suicide is getting to common around world.

Anyone else staying up for this? I am because I'm an idiot. Hoping to stay awake until 21.

Latest posts