• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Most importantly the Lions beat the Packers and have the GOAT HC obviously.
13 losses and the number 1 draft pick in a division with the Bears and Vikings in it doesn't just happen by accident. It takes a particular set of skills. Even just knowing there is a real life Lions fan out there just lifts my spirits. I'm guessing you were seduced by Barry Sanders (easily done) or do suites in asylums in Ireland come with a wi-fi code these days?

Flores fired by Miami after a winning season in a tough division with an ordinary QB. Get him on the first flight to NY.

Most importantly the Lions beat the Packers and have the GOAT HC obviously.
That's funny. Lions fans acted like they won the Super Bowl. The Packers didn't care about that game, they pulled their starters at half time because they already had the home field advantage locked up throughout the NFC playoffs. Lions fans are so used to losing that they're probably planning a parade. :D

Green Bay Packers Win GIF by Wisconsin Sportscenter

Last edited:
13 losses and the number 1 draft pick in a division with the Bears and Vikings in it doesn't just happen by accident. It takes a particular set of skills. Even just knowing there is a real life Lions fan out there just lifts my spirits. I'm guessing you were seduced by Barry Sanders (easily done) or do suites in asylums in Ireland come with a wi-fi code these days?

Flores fired by Miami after a winning season in a tough division with an ordinary QB. Get him on the first flight to NY.

More like Stafford's baby blues and D'andre Levy's beard. Started following the NFL properly in 2014 when the Lions were fun for a few years...and then. Still there is some genuine hope with Campbell. He's making us fun again and despite the already bad roster having a load of injuries they kept fighting all year and there was clear improvements.

More like Stafford's baby blues and D'andre Levy's beard. Started following the NFL properly in 2014 when the Lions were fun for a few years...and then. Still there is some genuine hope with Campbell. He's making us fun again and despite the already bad roster having a load of injuries they kept fighting all year and there was clear improvements.
That's fair. It is easy (for me) to almost forget that the Lions with Stafford, Megatron and Suh were pretty eye catching and competitive. I think the Lions will get more wins than the Giants next year. See you same time next year for 1st pick bragging rights. :p

Loving that the Giants are keeping Joe Judge. Can't believe that the Dolphins released Flores but apparently he wanted Watson real bad. I don't think Man Campbell is going to last long in the league. Just wanting it more isn't a coaching advantage.

Loving that the Giants are keeping Joe Judge. Can't believe that the Dolphins released Flores but apparently he wanted Watson real bad. I don't think Man Campbell is going to last long in the league. Just wanting it more isn't a coaching advantage.
Joe Judge is on a loosing road though in that a new GM will increase pressure

Probably getting a new GM has saved Judge for the meantime as they will want the new GM to pick who they want as HC (if there is to be a change) and can't really pick a new HC when we've no GM. So other sides with poor HCs will get first refusal at someone decent like Flores. Glad at least that their are signs of change. Continuity is only good if you are standing by someone who has actually shown you some ability at some point.

is it dumb to bet against brady? even with AB he still leads league in TD passes. part of me always looks to defense in playoffs. any sneaky choices?
some interesting odds on sportsbetting3.com as they still have bucs at +950 which still has value.

Last edited:
Probably getting a new GM has saved Judge for the meantime as they will want the new GM to pick who they want as HC (if there is to be a change) and can't really pick a new HC when we've no GM. So other sides with poor HCs will get first refusal at someone decent like Flores. Glad at least that their are signs of change. Continuity is only good if you are standing by someone who has actually shown you some ability at some point.
Yes but lets be honest. The GM was poor and I really believe our moves there have been poor but equally the play calling and set up has been poor too.
The QB sneak at 3rd and 9 summed it up. Some poor special teams plays too and well offensively we are poor.
A new GM should get shot with new HC and there is alot of good options out there.
I would like someone young and offensive minded like Keelan Moore. Or else maybe try Todd Bowles if you want defensive and experienced.

Just not a special teams guy

Last edited:
Excellent. I now feel able to check out this infamous QB sneak from their own 4yrd line that I've been hiding from.

Enjoy - Still not sure if I laugh or cry
3rd and 9 on your own 4 yard line, with plenty time on the clock and infront of home fans and you QB sneak? About the worst act I've ever seen committed in a Giants jersey. If I'd seen that before Judge was fired I might have blown a blood vessel. Now it's all good, it's just a giggle along with the -6 yards of pass offence. Better to be a streaky up and down franchise than one that is consistently mediocre.

Still coming down from the Raiders win. Was at 2am here so only saw the result the next day and watched the full game Monday. Think our defense will seriously struggle against the Bengals, but you just never know. Think the Raiders can beat anyone in this league, but equally could be beaten by anyone. That has kind of been the theme for the league this year though. Nobody has looked untouchable and I think the standard is about as even as it's been since I started, with upsets everywhere.

3rd and 9 on your own 4 yard line, with plenty time on the clock and infront of home fans and you QB sneak? About the worst act I've ever seen committed in a Giants jersey. If I'd seen that before Judge was fired I might have blown a blood vessel. Now it's all good, it's just a giggle along with the -6 yards of pass offence. Better to be a streaky up and down franchise than one that is consistently mediocre.
YEs I forgot that............. -6 yards passing like WTF

So who we thinking for new HC.
Keelan Moore or Kevin O'Connell are my choices.
Flores I don't want despite his high stock at moment.

YEs I forgot that............. -6 yards passing like WTF

So who we thinking for new HC.
Keelan Moore or Kevin O'Connell are my choices.
Flores I don't want despite his high stock at moment.
To be honest I've not been watching the NFL in enough detail to know about coordinators from other sides, and with the whole parity thing it is hard to judge which coordinators are doing well as everything is so inconsistent.

I know Flores is defensive orientated and Patrick Graham has been solid for us there, but I don't know how you can look past a proven winning HC who is young, hungry and capable - even if he may (or may not) have rough edges. I'd be tempted to give Graham a shot even though the defence has tailed off a bit this season as reward for keeping the defense motivated in an impossible situation where they are constantly on the field.

Seems my hopes for Wentz or Ryan are non-starter. I'm not optimistic that Jones will do anything under a new HC & OC, but it seems the way we will go.

To be honest I've not been watching the NFL in enough detail to know about coordinators from other sides, and with the whole parity thing it is hard to judge which coordinators are doing well as everything is so inconsistent.

I know Flores is defensive orientated and Patrick Graham has been solid for us there, but I don't know how you can look past a proven winning HC who is young, hungry and capable - even if he may (or may not) have rough edges. I'd be tempted to give Graham a shot even though the defence has tailed off a bit this season as reward for keeping the defense motivated in an impossible situation where they are constantly on the field.

Seems my hopes for Wentz or Ryan are non-starter. I'm not optimistic that Jones will do anything under a new HC & OC, but it seems the way we will go.
Keelan Moore is a coordinator who has been consistent though.

I think a new QB is possible. Still think Russell will come.

Despite all the parity and unpredictability, the first round of playoffs looks like good matchups for the home teams. I only expect a chance of upsets for Raiders at Bengals and Patriots at Bill's (only if bad/snowy conditions). Otherwise I'd be going for comfortable home wins.

Latest posts