• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

I cannot believe Dan Jones got a $160 million contract from the Giants. That's on a whole new level of weirdness to Cleveland breaking the bank for their middling (and molesting QB). It is possibly the single weirdest signing/contract I've heard of in sport. I would have offered him one year at decent money, with an option of a second year at less and let him walk if he could do better elsewhere.

Week one he rallies the Giants offence to 0 points. :D
Week 4 and things get worse. Anyone associated with this decision needs fired at the end of the season.

Unbeaten 49ers and Eagles both lose away to average Jets and Browns who were both fielding backup QBs. What an advert for parity in sports. Every game counts and a legitimate chance of an upset is always in the back of your mind as a spectator.

What a bizarre weekend. Was bleak the 49ers lost to the Browns, but didn't realise the Eagles had also lost.

Unbeaten 49ers and Eagles both lose away to average Jets and Browns who were both fielding backup QBs. What an advert for parity in sports. Every game counts and a legitimate chance of an upset is always in the back of your mind as a spectator.
Wait and see Jets will squeeze in to playoffs and AR will be back

Wait and see Jets will squeeze in to playoffs and AR will be back
Yeah, Jets and Browns are solid teams. Especially factoring in the Browns don't have Chubb either due to injury but are still doing okay.

I guess I am excited about parity but more so that in this so called 'QB league' we have backup QBs on inferior teams bumping off a couple of championship favourites. I think players/defences have finally adjusted fully to the head contact/tackle changes and pass interference changes that came in 10-15 years ago and defences are almost as relevant as when I first watched the sport in the 80s and 90s.

Obviously the sport has lost some top level QBs in recent years too, but I think it is something more fundamental than that.

@ncurd have you made it to a cfl game? I'm not the biggest gridiron fan outside of the birds but when I've made it to CFL games I found them great.

I figured my Packers would not make the playoffs this season, but I didn't think they'd be only 2-5 after seven games. It's been agonizing and the season's not even half way over yet. :eek:

@ncurd have you made it to a cfl game? I'm not the biggest gridiron fan outside of the birds but when I've made it to CFL games I found them great.
I'm not @ncurd, but I've been to one CFL game and had a good time. Many years ago I saw the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (the team I follow) play the BC Lions. The Tiger-Cats QB (Adam Trafalis, pictured below) went to my alma mater. And that's how I got interested in the CFL, and I've been following Hamilton ever since. The CFL is streamed on ESPN+ here in the states and the Grey Cup is on ESPN. The Tiger-Cats made the playoffs and play at Montreal tomorrow.

1698977794107.png

Last edited:
Nope looks like Ottawa are done the season too. Might attempt to see a game early next season now the idea is put in my head.

Nope looks like Ottawa are done the season too. Might attempt to see a game early next season now the idea is put in my head.
Hopefully the CFL will add a team in Halifax. They've been talking about it for a long time. All talk, no action so far. A 10th team in the league would be nice.

I've fade my way to a few of those games in my time. Followed the Stampeders but crazy games where teams easily blow leads.

The thing itself isn't that new is it? I've seen Marshawn Lynch be helped over the line by his linemen before.

The thing itself isn't that new is it? I've seen Marshawn Lynch be helped over the line by his linemen before.
No, it's not new. But the NFL is known as a copy cat business. More and more teams had success with it and that's why it's so popular. All 32 teams do it now. 🏈

One more win against the Bears on Jan. 7th and my Packers will make the playoffs. Not many predicted it (including me) if it does happen. It's been a wild season with lots of injuries and rookie blunders, especially on defense.
1704172485050.png Go Pack Go!

Last edited:
One more win against the Bears on Jan. 7th and my Packers will make the playoffs. Not many predicted it (including me) if it does happen. It's been a wild season with lots of injuries and rookie blunders, especially on defense.
View attachment 18647 Go Pack Go!
Well, the Packers beat the Bears yet again (I think it was the 10th time in a row) and Green Bay is playoff bound. They play @ Dallas on the 14th. 🏈

I think the Packers could beat Mike McCarthy and Co too.
Tampa and Baker I think beat the Eagles.
Lions vs Rams is what has me excited. So many sub plots and side stories. JG16 and MS9 are 2.
I am a Giants fan bu would love to see Dan Campbell and the Lions go all the way this year.
Also I have a soft spot for Jared Goff since his Rams days.

Latest posts