• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

SF defence is chewing up Kansas

Doubt I'll watch the whole game, will probably tap out at half time, but interesting so far

Kansas still in it. 49ers look much more composed and better team but Mahomes is still around. 49ers D super in 1st half

49ers kicker is gonna go on and have an Ace Ventura-esque breakdown

Can't remember the last time I saw a PAT get charged down

49ers kicker is gonna go on and have an Ace Ventura-esque breakdown

Can't remember the last time I saw a PAT get charged down
It was a great game but that was moment momentum shifted.

I thought Chiefs bottled it after 52 yards throw and then the interception they totally looked all at seas for the first half.

Great game.

Can someone explain the points scoring in NFL? I get 6 points for a touchdown, but why the range of points and when are they awarded for a field goal? Safety/try after touchdown?
After you score a touchdown you get the option of a kick at goal (1pt) or having one play to try and score again from 2yds from the line (2pts)
Safety = in rugby terms, is grounded in your own in goal. So two points if you force the opposition back into their endzone (i.e. sack the QB if they've dropped back etc.)
Field goal = regular kick at goal, not related to a touchdown

I wasn't aware you could score a safety after a touchdown - I guess if you throw, they intercept, then you force them back over their line? Intercepting in the in goal you can just go to ground and the game then goes to the regular restart on halfway

Ok, cheers. Confused me even more. šŸ¤£.

I take it the last touchdown by Chiefs to win they ran out of time to take their kick at goal? So it stayed 6 points for the TD? I just saw the highlights on bbc.

Ok, cheers. Confused me even more. šŸ¤£.

I take it the last touchdown by Chiefs to win they ran out of time to take their kick at goal? So it stayed 6 points for the TD? I just saw the highlights on bbc.
Golden Goal first to score wins, only caveat is both teams were guaranteed at least one possession which is why the Chiefs got a drive after the 49ers Field Goal.
Other rule stipuation was a defensive score by the Chiefs would of ended the game on the 49ers first drive.

I wasn't aware you could score a safety after a touchdown - I guess if you throw, they intercept, then you force them back over their line? Intercepting in the in goal you can just go to ground and the game then goes to the regular restart on halfway

Doesn't a TD on the first drive of overtime end the game?
New rules last season says in playoff games both sides get a possession, and if it's still tied after that then it goes to next-point-wins

They were explaining it just before OT started this morning, supposedly it's so new a lot of 49ers players weren't aware of the rules

New rules last season says in playoff games both sides get a possession, and if it's still tied after that then it goes to next-point-wins

They were explaining it just before OT started this morning, supposedly it's so new a lot of 49ers players weren't aware of the rules
Its a much better rule teams just drove to a FG position and scored. It pretty much made it decided on the coin toss.

Now they have to go for the TD and take a FG as a fallback like the 49ers did.

It made the Chiefs drives incredibly exciting as well. Will they settle for FG or go for the win on a 4th down? They won on 3rd but it was still great.

They also did a 4th as they were of FG range.

Its a much better rule teams just drove to a FG position and scored. It pretty much made it decided on the coin toss.

Now they have to go for the TD and take a FG as a fallback like the 49ers did.

It made the Chiefs drives incredibly exciting as well. Will they settle for FG or go for the win on a 4th down? They won on 3rd but it was still great.

They also did a 4th as they were of FG range.
I agree with you, the rule change is good for the game. And the OT itself was very exciting. I really enjoyed watching Mahomes work his magic...once again.

I hope it happens because kick off returns can be very exciting, especially when a player runs one back for a TD. I miss the good ol' days when there were 100 yard kickoff returns for TD's. šŸˆ But concussion protocols put an end to that, which I understand.

Latest posts