• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NHL Thread

well choked canucks.............well choked

How exactly is that a choke?

They made it to a game seven vs a bigger, stronger and probably best goaltender in the league...
Nothing left in the tank, bigger players (and I believe BB's are one of the biggest teams in the league) that had just a few more
drops of energy and also had the knowledge Thomas was a frickin' wall that got into the 'nucks heads (obviously).

So I don't think it was a choke at all, the fans afterwards in the streets certainly 'choked' on all the police cars and crap on fire,
was down there and it was the most out of control environment I've ever been in, I'm 30 something and can honestly say it was
a bit frightening, and angering with all the mindless, drunk, rubes and outcasts destroying the downtown core, you try and say
anything to stop it or intervene? you get a shank in the gut, happened to a few guys sadly.

How exactly is that a choke?

They made it to a game seven vs a bigger, stronger and probably best goaltender in the league...
Nothing left in the tank, bigger players (and I believe BB's are one of the biggest teams in the league) that had just a few more
drops of energy and also had the knowledge Thomas was a frickin' wall that got into the 'nucks heads (obviously).

So I don't think it was a choke at all, the fans afterwards in the streets certainly 'choked' on all the police cars and crap on fire,
was down there and it was the most out of control environment I've ever been in, I'm 30 something and can honestly say it was
a bit frightening, and angering with all the mindless, drunk, rubes and outcasts destroying the downtown core, you try and say
anything to stop it or intervene? you get a shank in the gut, happened to a few guys sadly.

The canucks were president's trophy winners, were in first for the majority of the season. Their "high" power offence was invisible, their goalie was crap. This is a team and it's fans that was declaring themselves winners at the start of the playoffs the team to fear.

I would say when the #7 place team in a league beats the #1 place team in the league it is a choke.....

I need a team to follow.

When I first got into the sport I, without knowing much about the sport chose the Red Wings as my team, that was until I found out that was like supporting Man United. Have liked the sport without getting involved supporting wise. Now I'd like to try to get back into the sport properly. Here's my quandery, I have never been to Canada , I breifly stopped in JFK airport but only to catch a connecting flight to Barbados and never went outside the terminal. My usual way of picking these things are by which shirt/jersey design I like best (can you say tenuous :lol:)

The sympathy teams in my eyes are these:

- Edmonton Oilers
- Vancouver Canucks
- Pittburgh Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning

Oilers have had some massive drafts these last few years and should seriously be a contender for the ***le soon, the Canucks have never won the Stanley Cup but were close last season. The Penguins have a solid squad and after playing several finals these last few years, their potential is still not used up. Tampa Bay have Steve Stamkos, that's reason enough.

Teams to avoid:

- Detroit Red Wings
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Boston Bruins
- Montreal Canadiens

These teams are just too easy to support. The Rangers are not the Galactico-team they have been between 1995 and 2007. These last few years some young guns have been able to break through the ranks. Guys like Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Steve Eminger, Michael Sauer, Mats Zuccarello, Ryan Callahan, Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan are players with a bright future. I am a Rangers fan myself, have been since 1993, and after winning the Cup in 1994, this last season has been the first I really got to enjoy

The year I really got into was when Tampa Bay won the Cup, remember the series against the Flyers. It was a great series, remember Brashear trying to pick fights with every Lightning player :lol: . So I think they're winning atm

I need a team to follow.

When I first got into the sport I, without knowing much about the sport chose the Red Wings as my team, that was until I found out that was like supporting Man United. Have liked the sport without getting involved supporting wise. Now I'd like to try to get back into the sport properly. Here's my quandery, I have never been to Canada , I breifly stopped in JFK airport but only to catch a connecting flight to Barbados and never went outside the terminal. My usual way of picking these things are by which shirt/jersey design I like best (can you say tenuous :lol:)

pssst JFK is in America....but I know you knew that ;)

Might I strongly suggest The Calgary Flames......an underdog team. We have problems but have one of the greatest players currently playing. Jarome Iginla. He can do it all:

Fight:

Score:

He is class. There is a story about the Salt Lake Olympics he was talking to some Canadian fans. They said they were sleeping in their car so they could support Canada in the usa. He excused himself and went and got them a hotel room at the hotel his family was staying in. This was in a city where there were NO room availible.

He also played one of the greatest shifts ever by a Calgary Flame and possibly a hockey player:

He has carried this team since he showed up.

Class and nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do remember that actually. Was amazed it wasnt given, video narrator isn't bitter at all is he :lol:

I do remember that actually. Was amazed it wasnt given, video narrator isn't bitter at all is he :lol:

Compared to me....I thought he was understated!!!! I was robbed from the chance to see my team win it's second cup. I watched in '89, and was ready to rock again........it hurts....still hurts.....

I can imagine, they looking likley to make a return visit to the Finals soon do you rekon

I can imagine, they looking likley to make a return visit to the Finals soon do you rekon

Tampa, nah, I don't think they have the goaltending. St. Louis is getting old as is Vinnie. Other than Hedman I don't rate their D. But hey who knows, it's a crazy old game. SJ have picked up Burns and that will help them.

Tampa, nah, I don't think they have the goaltending. St. Louis is getting old as is Vinnie. Other than Hedman I don't rate their D. But hey who knows, it's a crazy old game. SJ have picked up Burns and that will help them.

Meant Calgary :lol: but its good to know about my potential team :p

Meant Calgary :lol: but its good to know about my potential team :p

oh god no.....we are just trying not to get lost in the wilderness again.....the next 2-3 yrs are key. We are saddled with a bunch of crap contracts with no trade and no mov't clauses. A large number of those are gone next year and so is about $19 mill in salary. If handled properly I think we could be in a good position in a few years. Untill then, it's a case how keeping our heads down and working hard. I reckon the will get to the play-offs next year and be a 1st round exit. I never said being a flames fan was easy.........

Ah fair enough, will have to try and pay more attention next season

See I didnt even know that the Jets were back, when did this happen?

very recently, the purchase and move were announced in JUNE 2011, and the team name was announced at the draft this year, with olog and colours very recently

that said, im glad i found this thread, and LETS GO BUFFALO

Latest posts