• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Warriors are over and out for the season.
Not the best idea to sack the coach two weeks before the end of the championship.
Curious to see how they cope against the Cowboys.

Brown and Maloney off next season.
Johnson flirting with 7's and his teammates replying not that positive about it.
The last game against the cowboys (another league for the moment)

Anyway, already looking forward to the Play offs.

Tigers lost it, but a nice try by Marshall.
Warriors: different week same issue: Defense. They had the lead and completely gave it away.
Hopefully they sort out there business for next season.

Playoffs next week!!!! Cowboys have a good draw, playing Brisbane who kind of coasted in to the top 8 based on their strong 1st half.

Warriors are just Diabolical

defense is the worst part, to me it seemed when they got under even just a little pressure they lost their line across the field. And when you get some players up and some back that creates gaps that really are easy meat for any good NRL side to drive a plow through. The basically end up just a bunch of individuals scattered across the park. So strange because not long ago their D was superb. They were keeping teams scoreless in the 2nd half and winning low scoring games.

I don't think I've ever seen a side in either code give away what seems to be a good winning margin and lose games on such a regular basis.

Tigers were very dissapointing this season as well, there is way too much talent on that team to go so quietly into the night as they did this week. I think the top 5 are heads and above better than the other three playoff teams this year.

Hard fought game earlier with the Bulldogs winning 16-10 over the Sea Eagles, Manly still have a great chance to go deep into the playoffs a home game vs. the Cowboys now seems likely for the in the next round barring a huge Broncos upset.

An amazing penultimate round coming up with two potential classics on the cards, Storm will be hosting the Sea Eagles while the Bulldogs will be taking on the Rabbithohs. Hard for me not to back the home teams but anything could happen and we should be getting a great grand final either way.

Well that first game this weekend ended up being a blowout!!! Storm absolutely amazing performance picking up a 40-12 win. I'm hoping for a Dogs win tommorow(today for most of you) so we can see the best two teams line up in the Grand Final.

Dogs- Storm next week sunday.
Highlighted it in my agenda.

I'm hoping the Dogs will take it .

I'll get a thread up on the grand final soon, it could be a classic, the two top teams going head to head after big wins in the penultimate round.

The PNG government is still pursuing some kind of significant "in" into the NRL with the latest effort being talk of them buying in to either the Brisbane Broncos or North Queensland Cowboys.

If this were to come to fruition, it would be likely we'd see a few of their nationals introduced to the NRL. If they were good enough of course - I suppose a buy in to one of these teams would allow the PNG players greater development along with a better chance to showcase their talents.

Of course their play is to get a team in to the NRL one day, however there's no way in the world we'll see it til the end of the decade, atleast.

Latest posts