• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Number 6 in the sticks: Munster v Leinster, Saturday April 2

On Heaslip I think at times yesterday he showed glimses of class. Good support and great offloading but sometimes he needs to make his game simpler and get in their and do some dirty work. I think he had an off day yesterday but he I think alot of Ireland's players had a tough game yesterday. I thought Murray was really good he must be developed quickly as he is what Ireland really needs. Yesterday Leinster seemed to sit back abit but and their midfield was dreadful probably BOD's worst match of the season. I thought the Leinster back 3 were good. Horgan made ground and ran some good lines. Nacewa created alot and Fitz was very good in defence.
Heaslip was good offloading but he was going up against Earls or Howlett because he spent so long out on wings. But can agree Nacewa I thought Luke Fitz still isn't up to scratch yet.

POC hasnt broken a bone. Waiting on scan results to see how bad the ligament damage is.

As for game, thought it was pretty good until the ref put on his red jersey and started acting like an extension of the Munster coaching team. Collapsing a running maul (joke, BOD trapped (joke), Fitz gathers but scrum Munster (joke), Darcy counter rucks (Joke), Leinster scrum (joke), Buckley professional foul but no booking (joke), Murphy professional foul but no booking (joke) ........... in a game won by a kick all you have to do is correct any of these and Leinster would have won.

Good win ref. Nicely done.

Can say Paulie has broken bone log but that is least of worries as bone isn't a major bone and it is ligaments that are waiting to be checked in Santry tomorrow evening. Scans arent done yet as swelling is still there

Also log regards game: If you watched ref wasn't great for either side and Murphy got binned for same as BOD who was on his knees at side as clearly seen on video replays.
Buckley I can accept couldve went to bin but Murphys deliberate knock on was border line penalty and no way a card. Leinster got plenty of decisions in first half and I just think it poor that you'd blame ref for result but well at least your one of a minority of Blue supporters.
Also Luke Fitz catch (joke) as you say. He caught it and took it in to maul and stopped dead so if team not going forward and took it in it turnover

Also log regards game: If you watched ref wasn't great for either side and Murphy got binned for same as BOD who was on his knees at side as clearly seen on video replays. BOD had two Munster players sitting on him and holding him there. He couldnt move. Smart play by Mick O'Driscoll, poor refereeing.
Buckley I can accept couldve went to bin well theres the difference between the teams then eh? You guys down to 13 men for the fist 6 mins of the second half? Game ******* over but Murphys deliberate knock on was border line penalty and no way a card. You use the word yourself, Deliberate. Was he tackling the player or the ball, he got the ball, should have gone.
Also Luke Fitz catch (joke) as you say. He caught it and took it in to maul and stopped dead so if team not going forward and took it in it turnover Doesnt work that way if it was brought into a maul straight from the air. Leinster were going forward, our ball. Your assistant coach saw it differently another pathetic decision.

As for minority or majority of Leinster fans. Not many of us care enough to post about it. Our big games are still to come.

As a neutral Murphys knockon was no way a card - he had his head down going for the tackle when the ball was passed into his arm - nothing he could do about it at all

Johne was penalised for Deliberate Knock-On ??? Is there another tern I could use lol.

Luke Fitz moved before went down watch replay.
Micko was tapping BOD on back showing ref and whole crowd BODs position and on replays you could see his back and everything but his head and hand which were digging for ball so you do that rule as you like.
And oh yeah I forgot ye have big massive game and Leinster players didn't want to win this. My bad :(

But glad majority of Leinster fans were grateful and accepted we won the game.

Fair play Log, good of you to show some grace
Well done on the win. Must have been a great night out in Limerick. Lots of pride and honesty. O'Gara was never going to miss that kick, Coughlan was very impressive.

Now have you anything to add about the ref or are you just looking for people to compliment you on the refs performance? :)

Well done on the win. Must have been a great night out in Limerick. Lots of pride and honesty. O'Gara was never going to miss that kick, Coughlan was very impressive.

Now have you anything to add about the ref or are you just looking for people to compliment you on the refs performance? :)

No he was gash, trying to get people to role away to get the game flowing, and then blowing his whistle every 2 minutes. He was bad for Munster and far worse for Leinster.

Still thats what happens, we've been raped by Poite in the HC and were livid for weeks so I know how ye feel.

Just to add was talking to a doctor that was dealing with Paulie (and was treating him for virus too) and he's confident Paul is looking at weeks not months and also said the ML playoffs wouldn't be an impossible target depending on tests.
So fingers crossed

The Doctor should be struck off if he's discussing a patients status with anyone except the man himself or his next of kin, good news or otherwise.

Ha he a team doctor Bullit but I don't think it major.

The bone effected was the caicaneus which is in the back but doesn't cause pain in Paul.
The ligament damage is the worry and hope is achillies is bad but not snapped which will be boost when it is confirmed.

Good win for Munster. It was deserved on the basis of the 2nd half. I hope they go on and win the Amlin Cup and Leinster complete the Heineken Cup and Magners League double in Thomond Park at the end of next month!

Snoop I like thinking but can you imagine atmosphere if it were a Thomond Park ML final of
Munster (Amlin Winners) vs Leinster (H Cup Winner)

Irish rugby would be buzzing to because if it were that Connacht and Ulster would both be in H Cup next year too.

And it not impossible to see Leinster Munster European double

I thought Munster didn't give a toss about the Challenge cup? It's not a real competition with the big boys, non?

No it not something to boast about and like it wouldn't mean much to us but we will always go out to win a game/competition but will hopefully blood a few lads.

Bullitt anytime I mention Amlin you'll always remind me :D

I thought Munster didn't give a toss about the Challenge cup? It's not a real competition with the big boys, non?

Jokes aside, we shouldn't lose focus of this. I laughed long and hard at the Blues calling themselves conquerers of Europe after winning this mickey mouse trophy.

We should concentrate our efforts on winning the ML, blood new lads in European rugby competition.

If there is a trophy there to win you should always try and win it (unless its the Anglo-Welsh thingy, then I really wouldnt give a ****).

I always thought Leinster would be competing for the Amlin this year (given our HEC group) and would have been delighted to win it.

Darbutter you got it spot on it a great chance to try get guys experience and well a game away in France is a super experience for young guys.

Latest posts