• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ-Aust gets 2015 Cricket World Cup

W

woosaah

NZ-Aust gets 2015 Cricket World Cup
01 May 2006 
By COEN LAMMERS

New Zealand and Australia will host the 2015 Cricket World Cup after they missed out on hosting the 2011 World Cup.

The executive board of the International Cricket Council in Dubai late last night awarded the 2011 World Cup to a joint bid from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh but was sufficiently impressed with the trans-Tasman bid to also award the hosting rights for 2015.

Both events will need to be ratified by the ICC annual conference in July but that is not expected to be anything more than a rubber-stamping exercise.

Before the ICC executive board met last night, New Zealand and Australian officials were still confident that their recent history of hosting major sporting events would be a decisive factor but the numerical advantage of the Asian bid on the 10-member board and their economic clout proved to be too big a hurdle.

New Zealand Cricket chief executive Martin Snedden last night said he was "naturally disappointed our bid was unsuccessful" but quickly focused on the positives of hosting the following World Cup.

He said the sporting and financial benefits to both countries would be huge with Australia and New Zealand each hosting 25 of the 51 matches. The venue of the final is yet to be decided.

He added that even though 2015 "may seem a long way off", preparations for the event would have to start soon. [/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3653333a1823,00.html

Awesome aye! Can see a big roadtrip around NZ going t all the important games that aren't played on same day. Were actually contemplating that for Windies WC in 2007 but realised a bit too soon $ wise, and also a lot of rebuilding still to be done to stadiums etc too...

i'm still trying to get my 2007 tickets :rahh: :wah:

these bloody carribeans cant organise a root in a brothel,

bloody idiots :wall:

2015 should be a good tourny - its a long ways away - i may say i may take my kids..........**** no i wont :ph34r:

Whats this about the 2011 Winners submitting their bid 2 months past the deadline?

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 2 2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah I heard that too what's the deal?

In any case I don't think their hosting rights will be overturned because their bid was late.

"of c-c-course" (you know who) but seems a long amount of time to submit a bid late by...

and then win.

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 2 2006, 10:15 PM
"of c-c-course" (you know who) but seems a long amount of time to submit a bid late by...

and then win.

The sub-continent would have gone ape-**** if they didn't get a world cup, so they had to do it. One way or another.

stupid. why didnt it go to japan or usa where the game would develop. nz and oz dont have the facillities to have a world cup. its too small, the population isnt big enough. f*** the icc are bunch of dumbasses.

Originally posted by sambãd5@May 3 2006, 01:53 AM
stupid. why didnt it go to japan or usa where the game would develop. nz and oz dont have the facillities to have a world cup. its too small, the population isnt big enough. f*** the icc are bunch of dumbasses.
Hahaha nice one, but no one questions Australias ability to hold major sporting events...... it's NZ that needs OZ to help them host these events well.

Although saying that, NZ could host as good or better a WC than the Carribean....... i'ts just that the ICC owes it to the struggling Windies after they've done so much for the game.

Originally posted by sambãd5@May 3 2006, 05:53 AM
:lol:

of all commowealth nations - australia is the best place for sporting events

apart from state of the art facilities we got the weather, the women, and the beer

;)

take away the beer (aussie beer is crap) and you have it right ak :)

remember this isnt rugby its cricket, japan? i dont even know if they have a team :p and the usa couldnt hold it as they wouldnt get the numbers (the USACB is under new managment after trouble over there with player contracts and so fourth so that wouldnt work) no1 over there would watch a game of cricket.

They are only giving it to asia now because the indians threateded to boycot the champions trophy and such so they are just trying to keep them happy. the 2015 would cup could see some of the major asian nations not turning up, the world is going weird atm so who knows.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 4 2006, 03:15 PM
take away the  beer (aussie beer is crap) and you have it right ak :)

remember this isnt rugby its cricket, japan? i dont even know if they have a team :p and the usa couldnt hold it as they wouldnt get the numbers (the USACB is under new managment after trouble over there with player contracts and so fourth so that wouldnt work) no1 over there would watch a game of cricket.

They are only giving it to asia now because the indians threateded to boycot the champions trophy and such so they are just trying to keep them happy. the 2015 would cup could see some of the major asian nations not turning up, the world is going weird atm so who knows.
You missed the sarcasim, I think he was referring too all the *****ing about New Zealand getting the Rugby 2011 World Cup Rights over Japland.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 4 2006, 04:25 PM
yeah its hard to tell sarcasm on the internet. to hard sometimes
Especially when staunch loyalty blurs your vision...

Hahaha nice one, but no one questions Australias ability to hold major sporting events...... it's NZ that needs OZ to help them host these events well.

Although saying that, NZ could host as good or better a WC than the Carribean....... i'ts just that the ICC owes it to the struggling Windies after they've done so much for the game.

I agree with you, NZ can do that better Carribean..:cool:

Latest posts