NZ-Aust gets 2015 Cricket World Cup

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by woosaah, Apr 30, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3653333a1823,00.html

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

Awesome aye! Can see a big roadtrip around NZ going t all the important games that aren't played on same day. Were actually contemplating that for Windies WC in 2007 but realised a bit too soon $ wise, and also a lot of rebuilding still to be done to stadiums etc too...

4. Zambaman

Zambaman Guest

I hope we get decent crowds at the games.

5. ak47

ak47 Guest

i'm still trying to get my 2007 tickets :rahh: :wah:

these bloody carribeans cant organise a root in a brothel,

bloody idiots :wall:

2015 should be a good tourny - its a long ways away - i may say i may take my kids..........**** no i wont :ph34r:

6. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Whats this about the 2011 Winners submitting their bid 2 months past the deadline?

7. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

Yeah I heard that too what's the deal?

8. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

In any case I don't think their hosting rights will be overturned because their bid was late.

9. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

"of c-c-course" (you know who) but seems a long amount of time to submit a bid late by...

and then win.

10. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

The sub-continent would have gone ape-**** if they didn't get a world cup, so they had to do it. One way or another.

11. stupid. why didnt it go to japan or usa where the game would develop. nz and oz dont have the facillities to have a world cup. its too small, the population isnt big enough. f*** the icc are bunch of dumbasses.

12. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Hahaha nice one, but no one questions Australias ability to hold major sporting events...... it's NZ that needs OZ to help them host these events well.

Although saying that, NZ could host as good or better a WC than the Carribean....... i'ts just that the ICC owes it to the struggling Windies after they've done so much for the game.

13. ak47

ak47 Guest

:lol:

of all commowealth nations - australia is the best place for sporting events

apart from state of the art facilities we got the weather, the women, and the beer

;)

14. woosaah

woosaah Guest

take away the beer (aussie beer is crap) and you have it right ak :)

remember this isnt rugby its cricket, japan? i dont even know if they have a team :p and the usa couldnt hold it as they wouldnt get the numbers (the USACB is under new managment after trouble over there with player contracts and so fourth so that wouldnt work) no1 over there would watch a game of cricket.

They are only giving it to asia now because the indians threateded to boycot the champions trophy and such so they are just trying to keep them happy. the 2015 would cup could see some of the major asian nations not turning up, the world is going weird atm so who knows.

15. Ripper

Ripper Guest

You missed the sarcasim, I think he was referring too all the bitching about New Zealand getting the Rugby 2011 World Cup Rights over Japland.

16. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yeah its hard to tell sarcasm on the internet. to hard sometimes

17. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

Especially when staunch loyalty blurs your vision...

18. woosaah

woosaah Guest

so true, so true

19. sportscorporation

sportscorporation Junior Member

I agree with you, NZ can do that better Carribean..:cool:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!