• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official date available

yep i live in brisbane australia...i preordered today...they said the 10th aswell

i just rang gamestation,and they said its out tommorow. I know its not definite but surely its a bit late in the day for delaying it. i mean ive seen alot of billboards advertising rugby 2005 for march 4th the most notable one being at twickenham for the france vs england match. So i dont see why ea would spend all that on advertising giving the wrong date.

My latest info, (provided by Frenchsam who works in a gameshop in the south of france) Rugby 2005 will be pushed back a week because of the Release of GT4 on march 9th in europe. EA wants to avoid competing with GT4..................

it's not official but it seems so.... i called a few shops in Bordeaux and they all told me the release date was now march 17th.

I hate EA..........

game in cwmbran also states its a fourth release. Gamestation have deliveries around mid morning,so it all depends whether the games are there or not.

I just checked gameplanet gamesman dse and central park site here in nz and they have rugby 2005 as a march 17th release and gt 4 march 10th release. So it could be true that ea don't want to compete with gt 4. Hopefully there are no delays now as release is so close now

Why all the confusion? On the official Rugby 2005 website it says - in rather large bold:

"SHIPPING MARCH 8th"

Surely, therefore, it won't be out before then.

Simple innit?

Because the official EASport Rugby 2005 site is for the American market - as indicated by the "Rugby Ruck Sweepstake" comp (only eligible to residents of the US ) and the free shipping code only working on the US EAStore.

Try EASports.co.uk and you'll find an equally bold statement that "Release date
04-03-2005 "

Apart from that though, "Why all the confusion" is a damn good question!!!

Hello folks. Been following all the conversations closely and thought I'd chip in.

The EA sports site says shipping 8th March, but it also says released 04-03-05, nice and confusing but best to go by shipping date. from checking a variety of online vendors xbox is 11th March with ps2 and pc 18th March (UK).

Called my local GAME store and they said 18th March before I could even finish the question, must be plenty of interest.

No less confusing but my tuppence has been slung in.

Just phoned Gamestation in Liverpool who said their computer says the 4th, but they haven't had any in today, so it's probably next week. GAME in Liverpool also said the 11th, and seemed slightly more definate, but HMV say the 18th.

It better be bloody good. If it's crap after all this fuss, I'll start randomly whopping some asses.

For any of you Irish lads out there I was just in xtravision and they've got posters up saying its out the 11th I know thats what most of you have hear anyway but just confirming. Oh and D'arcy Jason robinson and Betsen are all on the cover u may prob know that too but anyway...

well if it aint out 2morrow I am sueing EA, cos they say on there website that the UK release date is 04/03-05

Originally posted by getofmeland@Mar 4 2005, 04:34 AM
well if it aint out 2morrow I am sueing EA, cos they say on there website that the UK release date is 04/03-05
I doubt it will be out tomorrow - the Game in Edinburgh say it was the 4th but will now be 11th

I e-mailed EA and got this responce

Subject
When is Rugby 2005 being released

Q&A History
EA Response (Jemma) 03/03/2005 07:37 PM
Hi Charlie,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

The official release date for this ***le is 18th March 05.

Best Regards,

Jemma
EA Support Centre, UK and Ireland
electronicarts.co.uk
electronicarts.ie
Customer (Charlie Gough) 03/03/2005 05:06 PM
Please can we have a straight answer on this, as there are 3 dates floating around and a lot of UK rugby fans wanting to play this game. So if we could have the UK release date please, it says 4th March 2005 on your website so we are all hoping that you have not been lying to us all.

Regards

Charlie

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 3 2005, 04:53 PM
i live in australia and ive been told by eb games-----10th march

what do you think ak?
yes kinkon thats right

EB told me yesterday the 10th of march

the 10th of march in australia is going to be huge

GT4 and Rugby 2005 on the same day - $200 goes into the EB a/c

But i know for sure 100% GT4 is the 10th of march

If rugby sticks to that date i'll be surprised and happy

Its just EA and their distribution is always shocking

Imagine if we get a bugged game like TW2005..........yes the 1st version of TW2005 had a bug, which u could NOT challenge Seve Ballesteros and there was a recall on all PAL TW2005, and another full 3 months of waiting for the bug free version............i have no faith in EA's release dates, but the 10th will do me fine!.

Originally posted by Handsomebob@Mar 3 2005, 09:33 PM
My latest info, (provided by Frenchsam who works in a gameshop in the south of france) Rugby 2005 will be pushed back a week because of the Release of GT4 on march 9th in europe. EA wants to avoid competing with GT4..................

it's not official but it seems so.... i called a few shops in Bordeaux and they all told me the release date was now march 17th.

I hate EA..........
Avoid competing with GT4???

hahahahaha
<
<
<

they have already lost!!!

Sales from GT4 do more damage to the roof than any game apart from GTA.

u compete with GT4 anyways...even a week later

might as well go toe to toe

I dont see them delaying Madden or Fight Night for these reasons.

They are waving the white flag here in defeat...at the loss of their faithful rugby addicts............they never look after the fans....its all about money.

I hate EB. They are such an evil company. Everything is over priced, their second hand games are even more over priced too. They all pressure you into buying extra stuff with games (but I remian composed and stand my ground). When I bought GTA: San Andres the guy from EB went so far as to call me on my cell phone to "Strongly urge" that I should come back and buy the offical soundtrack CD, some magazine that gives me hints, and the hint book all for the "low, low, price of only $80". They are dicks.

Not to mention as well, that the guy from there told me that if I see a game for cheaper, (but it can't be on special), then bring in proof and they will knock $1 off that price and sell me it. $1?! You gotta be kidding me, if I see something somewhere else for cheaper I don't give a stuff about driving all the way to EB to get it for a $1 less, the petrol would probably cost me more.

KMART do 10%, which is a obviosuly better, and MAYBE worth it.

And on top of that, a while ago, a dau after ESPN football came out I went in to buy ESPN NFL 2005 and they didn't have it in yet, so a wandered down to The Gamesman and picked it up, and they had it in on the day it came out (for cheaper than what EB were going to be selling it for as well, by $5).

Well, this is totally off topic. I'm sorry. Just saw EB written above and thought I would give you my thoughts on those tosers.

Jamie Gough

Jamie, your post cracked me up. This is off topic but I gotta share: I went to Best-Buy looking for the slim PS2 and they were out of stock but the guy had the nerve to say, and these are his words:

"What I do have, though, is all the accessories and games that you could go ahead and buy now. The PS2 only comes with one controller, plus you could get the games you want to get now."

So I look at him, keeping a straight face, and said, "I don't think I could take looking at a pile of games and controllers and not being able to play them."

Also, what the hell is "What I do have..." you ain't got ****. and neither does Best-Buy.

So I went next door and Toys R Us had it.

About EB, it seems them and only one other place in the States even have release dates. No one else has a clue.

What this all means though is that North America are getting the game first. That's gotta hurt, just a little. I'm even confused, but I'll take it!

eb suck in nz over priced and thier stock is crap especailly for pc games its terrible. EA always seem to stuff up with the release dates and almost always has at least one delay but hopefully there are none this time around

Latest posts