• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official RFU announcement and screens for The Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

wow! I hope this game will be avalaible in september in UK , because I'm pretty sure that in Spain the game will not be released

with the online capabilties im taking everyone's xbox live id's so I can spank all ya asses!

ino they look good everyone BUT does this animation remind u of 1 of the SCREENSHOTS:eek:

haters-gonna-hate.gif

This is the same team that did that game? Is it really that surprising that you will find similarities?

Seems they are carrying over a lot of animations from 08... will be pretty angry if they take that *diving onto ball to form ruck* animation... since 2004.

This is the same team that did that game? Is it really that surprising that you will find similarities?

Animations that were taken what 5 years ago? Yeah im a bit surprised. Personally i want something new and fresh not something that's refreshing the same assets from 5/6 years ago.

It might just be an oversight, but did anyone else notice that the press release didn't say they have the rights to the players names? Only their likenesses are listed.

It would be very odd if they had the rights to how they look, but not their names.

Great news about the RFU license... Also i heard Sidhe could not get the Saffas license?

I wonder if the majority of 6N licenses will be part of the HB game?

Man 2 great games with great graphics! Im stoked!

Hey guys. Im new to this forum. Just to clerify is this only world cup and only 20 teams? Any chance of other leagues like super 15, tri nations etc? Or a game come out next year with other leagues in the plans? Cheers. Ps screens look AWESOME!!!!

I am interested to see how RC is gonna measure against this game.There is BIG advantage in RC as it will come out for PC as well.That will allow a lot of players the option of playing online as well.Not everyone has got a XBOX or PS3.I think the balance might just switch to the RC side if it is playable and looks good.Both games will be released before the world cup starts.But the big thing for us all is that we will have something NEW to play come world cup time and that is GREAT news.Rugby 08 is worn out and it is time for something new.

Hehe with all this RWC fever everyone seems to have forgotten that this year is the final year of the Tri Nations, as the Argies are set to join us in 2012. :)

Ideally, there will be an in-game player editor where names can be edited, like with PES. Having the false names is not a problem for me, as long as you can edit it fully in-game.

Rugby 08 is a good game, it's just made for the casual gamer that doesn't know much about the rules. Hopefully they've made a sim. Though i'd definitely take the 2K idea of using superstars in dedicated modes. I mean, being Caucau, Lomu etc would be awesome if you could actually re-live those moments in a game.

If all fails, i'm tempted to try to make Sensible World of Rugby. That'd be great fun!

Hey guys. Im new to this forum. Just to clerify is this only world cup and only 20 teams? Any chance of other leagues like super 15, tri nations etc? Or a game come out next year with other leagues in the plans? Cheers. Ps screens look AWESOME!!!!
basically there are two rugby games comin out this year rugby challenge and this1
rugby challenge has got liscences to all blacks and australia and has career mode with clubs and more licenses eg aviva premiership and this game has 20 teams from the rugby world cup and licenses to england and france and more and both games look great
hope that helps :D

Latest posts