• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Online play - PC Steam. Come one, come all!

Clunk

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Right folks, I'm very disappointed to say I was right about the lobby system and the pricing strategy - meaning that online play hasn't been able to kick into life (again) for RC3. Same old story - the lobby is conducive to waiting around for players, and there aren't enough new players buying the game to give much chance of finding a random match.

Nonetheless it is still a cracking game to play online with a half decent connection or better. So we're looking for more players!

We have on online players group on steam currently consisting of 140 members. Please feel free to join up and use it to find other players:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RC3Online

You can also friend me ( SteamID: SkunkyMwnci ) and I'm usually up for a game or two if I'm online. I'm in Wales with high speed broadband and I've had great games with people from most parts of the world (including Japan, USA, S.America, Aus and NZ), but if our connection doesn't cut it then I can steer you towards other players more local to you.

Cheers and see you on the pitch.

Clunk/Skunky

Last edited:
Good idea, Clunk! I'll join ya'll when I have some free time

I've joined the group my steam name is Archaon and my picture is an orange kitten

Let's do an online tourny and possible world cup?
Is would be nice to have a comp where players from each respective nation plays their team in a World Cup style format. Is this even possible though?

Yup, I think so. I'm in for France!
If we could do it during the weekend, it would be cool

Even if there were multiple people from the same country, it could still work splitting it into a A, B, C team type thing - choosing from a pool of players from that particular country evenly and fairly distributed.

If that didn't work I'd be more than happy to represent Samoa.

Even if there were multiple people from the same country, it could still work splitting it into a A, B, C team type thing - choosing from a pool of players from that particular country evenly and fairly distributed.

If that didn't work I'd be more than happy to represent Samoa.
Yea I also get that there would only be like 6 or 7 teams that are ranked high enough in the game to be competitive. So something where more than one team from a nation gets picked will probably be required. Instead of focusing on the team you can focus on the player instead. Saying each player has to play the others in their group and the top two in each group advance. So the possibility for 3 teams of the same nation in one group won't be out of the question.

This sounds great guys - I'm cr@p at organising things like this, but please feel free to use our Steam group to build it and send announcements, etc. This may even encourage some lapsed players back (we've all been disappointed by the lack of momentum from day one).

If you need admin permissions bumping, then give me a shout on Steam (let me know your forum name too), or if there's anything I can do to assist.

P.S. Bagsy Belgium !!!