• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ooops they did it again..

K

knowsleyroader

Have heard a whisper ( from a VERY good source ) that Rugby 2005 has been delayed indefinately. This is believed to be due to very adverse comments about the passing system and it being very difficult or near impossible to play.

Lox will confirm and maybe go into further detail on this. He's also hoping to know more on the issue sometime tomorow.

Sorry guys, but thought u would wanna know.

Where's my gun . . .

Well, I'm guessing it's in some playable state, otherwise they'd be cancelling the Aussie shows that are going on in February. Granted, with this info, they might do that.

Damnit. I just read they've got the Lord our Father, Bill McLaren and now this.

I wait patiently for more info.

Cheers for the headsup, Knows.

Ea have must of found out about Wallaby84 leaked news about the demo. So they are making him pay for telling!!
<

Thinking more on't, this is strange news compared to the au.playstation playtest.

They refer to the aforementioned passing problems as '****les,' and ****les aside, the game is as solid as a Jonah Lomu shoulder charge.

Jonah never really had a shoulder charge, did he? He just ran over peeps, usually using his knees.

Wondering if they're having more problems keeping players on the pitch (hence the passing to players in touch) and it looks to be more of a bother than first thought.

Anyway, all very strange, and looking forward to see what news develops in the next week or two, re: Locksley's run on the game.

c'mon ... this has to be a joke right???

... they're not gonna stop now because the passing system doesn't work... surely the game has been playtested before now and this is a hoax right?

... you couldn't get this far down the road and not realise the most basic aspect of a team sport doesn't work or function properly... even EA/HB could not botch the passing up - what sort of sport have they been working on if the could never pass properly...

knowsley, you have to be rippin the ass out of this surely?

otherwise, sweet jesus, I give up on rugby games!

Just passing ( pun intended ) on what I have heard. Believe me I am as gutted as everyone on here. I also find it difficult to believe that the game could have got to the final stages without someone saying there is a problem, but thats how the story looks at the moment.

It seems funny though that a magazine said there were ****les with the passing and then this rears its head. Again have a magazine been told " Just ignore that were fixing it " but indeed EA never had any intention of doing so ?

There will no doubt be more news to come on the subject so for now there is no point us hitting rock bottom unil we are absolutely sure, but I am at the point that, well it doesnt look good.

you got this from a very good source ? Can you tell us who they know and who they are ( in a subtle way if you want )

I'd assume this is true, and not too surprising considering it is probably being tested/had been tested at Sony/Microsoft about now.

Ah well. I'll just hope that knowsleyroader/his source got it wrong, but that's unlikely.

Although it is weird there is not mention of problems with passing from either of the people who played it (playstation.com and that other one).

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 26 2005, 09:51 AM
Just passing ( pun intended ) on what I have heard. Believe me I am as gutted as everyone on here. I also find it difficult to believe that the game could have got to the final stages without someone saying there is a problem, but thats how the story looks at the moment.

It seems funny though that a magazine said there were ****les with the passing and then this rears its head. Again have a magazine been told " Just ignore that were fixing it " but indeed EA never had any intention of doing so ?

There will no doubt be more news to come on the subject so for now there is no point us hitting rock bottom unil we are absolutely sure, but I am at the point that, well it doesnt look good.
If it's just passing it shouldn't delay the game too long... They should be able to fix it reasonably soon you'd think.

BELIEVE me I hope I and everyone else is wrong and this game rocks the house down. It certainly is one occasion were I would be quite willing to have plenty of egg on my face.

I have my fingers crossed like everyone else.

knowsleyroader do you have any idea how long the delay will be? could it be as long as a year or just a few months - I guess if it is true at least they have the chance to fix it rather than releasing a pile of c*rap like 2004.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 26 2005, 10:18 AM
If it's just passing it shouldn't delay the game too long... They should be able to fix it reasonably soon you'd think.
whats more worrying is how can a company be about set to release a rugby game where the passing is causing real strife trying to play the game ?

Its like having a shoot em up without a gun. It aint gonna work.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Jan 26 2005, 10:20 AM
knowsleyroader do you have any idea how long the delay will be? could it be as long as a year or just a few months - I guess if it is true at least they have the chance to fix it rather than releasing a pile of c*rap like 2004.
I wouldnt like to say. I certainly dont think anything as long as a year, but if they delay it to work on the passing, there is a good chance that they would see fit to overhaul other aspects at the same time.

Remember at the moment we dont have any real depth info on what EXACTLY the problem is. Hopefully more will be gleaned in the next 24 hours.

Cheers I know its a question you can't really answer - anyway here's hoping the next few days brings some good news! Fingers and toes crossed
<

Ok fellas,

All being well, I should have some "in-game" footage for you tomorrow night. I can't say too much at the minute, but Knowsley is up the right tree with what he's said! The game does look like it's being delayed for the time being, whether that's 3 weeks or 3 years, I don't know.... yet!

Also, a couple of people who I work with have played Rugby 2005 already! They said it looks nice, but is just "Too bloody fiddly" to enjoy! One of the blokes, is a big rugby league fan and isn't too keen on union said "it's just like the real thing.... really really boring!!!" Now, to you union buffs, this may be a good thing, as he stressed that they've gone for all out simulation instead of Arcade play! He also expressed his concern at some ****les with the passing system, stating that it's "Not as fun or as intuitive as it should be!"

As far as I'm aware, the Training camps are still going ahead etc, so it's not all doom and gloom! Who knows, my sources may have been pulling my plonker and lying, but I doubt it very much!!!

I'll keep you updated as soon as I get more....

Thanks Locks.

Must admit, the doom and gloom is beginning to gather. I've got a gut feeling that EA/HB are going to far for a simulation feel and are leaving out one big, important ingredient: fun.

The people you work with who have played it seem to be saying that it's like going through the motions, and doesn't really feel like they're there and really into the game.

But it looks nice, though. Joy.

That's it, no more. I will wait on cementing this notion until your feedback.

Well we should have expected it...........

In fact we should smack ourselves around the head a few times for almost falling for the hype...........

I mean the facts were right in front of us, but we chose to not believe........graphics were always going to be better (HB had nothing to do with them), but the gameplay had to be adapted by HB for rugby - especially the passing which couldn't be ripped straight from the FIFA engine.........

End result sounds like they have cocked it up again. I mean even in SJRL the passing was far from adequate, so what chance do a **** poor company like HB have of getting it right??

"They have got the haka!!", "the FIFA graphics are superb", "Anthems!!", "Fights!!", "Andrew says more teams is what the consumer wants".................pity that the gameplay is crap again then........
<

Latest posts