• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ooops they did it again..

Don't give up all hope yet guys. Locks, are you going to play it or is someone you know giving you the footage? Tommorow night sounds very good anyway. I assume that's England time, which would make it tommorow morning here in Australia?

at least they are not going to release it half-assed, if it is delayed... the up side is that EA/HB may actually listen to other peoples opinions for once and realised there is/was a flaw (be it slight or major - we'll have to wait and see) and are going to try and rectify so we don't complain again (or at least not as much!)

...with a little luck it will only be delayed by a few months and we could still see it by the time the Lions tour kicks-off... that is, if they want to release it around a time when interest in rugby will be on a high... and this years Lions tour will be the biggest ever in terms of global coverage

- so its not all doom and gloom, lets just hope that lock's preview can still be positive despite now knowing there is a major flaw

They would want to bring it our fairly soon or the player rosters might be out of date. If they leave it too long they'll probably whack on a 2006 and release it in September.

You are f***ing Kidding me! f*** my ass i knew it. for months ive silently watched this forum blossum into a lovely flower of footy gaming knowledge. I was disgraced of eas last effort and over time 2005 has slowly won my heart. the hands on test tipped the scales and i was happy, finally a good ruggas game is coming. NOW this. f*** me dead. (wat a grand entrance)

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 26 2005, 05:54 AM
Have heard a whisper ( from a VERY good source ) that Rugby 2005 has been delayed indefinately. This is believed to be due to very adverse comments about the passing system and it being very difficult or near impossible to play.

Lox will confirm and maybe go into further detail on this. He's also hoping to know more on the issue sometime tomorow.

Sorry guys, but thought u would wanna know.
Are you sure this is correct? They've only just opened their website for Rugby 2005 at EA and that says "SHIPPING MARCH 8!"...

Im so glad i didnt get my hopes up, hope the delay isnt too long though

I'm going to presume that it is still going to be released on time. I mean they wouldn't have set up those training camps if the game was unplayable. I will be weary though.

looks like some of the info I was given was duff! Not all of it though...

Intrigued??? Well make sure you're on this forum later on, I'll have something for you!!!
<

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 27 2005, 12:14 AM
looks like some of the info I was given was duff! Not all of it though...

Intrigued??? Well make sure you're on this forum later on, I'll have something for you!!!
<
Dont make it too late us in NZ and Aus cant stay up all night
<

Go to bed, have a nice sleep! It should be around midday over there before anything is given!

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 27 2005, 12:54 AM
Go to bed, have a nice sleep! It should be around midday over there before anything is given!
Thanks Locks i usually get up @ midday being lazy is so hard
<
<

So what was the story with this thread then?

Given Locksley now has a PS2 demo version in his sweaty mits, and not a full XBox one as he expected, can we assume the "delay" related to only the XBox version?

Does this also imply the PS2 demo may be released soon???

no idea dude, still waiting on a clear response to this question too?

... doubt if any delay is announced that it will be for too long anyways - at least I hope not

Doesn't matter! If the PS2 or Xbox version has a delay, they'll hold back on the other for a simultaneous release!

Also, it didn't apply to the xbox game only! I was expecting that, but also, the Full PS2 version too! Neither came, so they sent the PS2 demo.

The game has been delayed, but it still should ship in March! Companies always have a good idea what timescale they'll need! So Rugby 05 should still be on schedule for a March release!
Hope this clears it up

Should we the expect the demo to be released before the first training camp in Sydney on Feb 4?

Hey Locks.. Thanks for the review.

Do they play the whole anthem or only a bit of each one. And how does the crowd look. Sorry I did not see the movies yet.

Sev

cheers dude... its good to hear that the delay won't be too long

... would like to get playing this game while the 6 Nations is on as opposd to afterwards ... although at that stage there should be some tasty Heineken Cup games to look forward too

what am I talking about? even if all rugby competitions were over, if this game is as good as you say, I'm pretty sure I'll find a reason/time to play it!

also, in the 37meg video locksley... when you were playing as Aus and you got under the posts - how come you kicked as opposed to score a try?
what is the button for try scoring anyways...if the 4 action buttons are for 4 diff kicks, what do you press when you want to get over the line ?

The US website is saying a March 8 release and free shipping when purchasing from the Ea store. Maybe it won't be delayed or maybe they will release the bugged version in the US thinking we will not know the difference.
<
<

Cheers and Salu

Latest posts