Ospreys v Sale - Pool 3

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by An Tarbh, Oct 19, 2006.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Ryan Jones has passed a late fitness test to take his place in the Ospreys back row for their HEC opener against English champions Sale. Filo Tiatia moves to blind-side flanker, while centre Andrew Bishop and hooker Barry Williams return.

Sale have made 2 changes from their match with Irish last Sunday with Ben Evans replacing Stuart Turner and Sililo Martens is back at scrum-half for Richard Wigglesworth.

Ospreys: L Byrne; N Walker, S Parker, A Bishop, S Williams; G Henson, J Marshall; D Jones (capt), B Williams, A Jones, B Cockbain, I Evans, F Tiatia, S Tandy, R Jones.
    Replacements: H Bennett, P James, A Wyn Jones, J Thomas, J Spice, S Connor, J Hook.

Sale: J Robinson (capt); M Cueto, M Taylor, E Seveali'i, O Ripol; C Hodgson, S Martens; A Sheridan, S Bruno, B Evans, C Jones, D Schofield, J White, M Lund, I Fernandez Lobbe.
    Replacements: S Turner, B Stewart, N Briggs, S Chabal, C Day, R Wigglesworth, D Larrechea.

Referee: Joel Jutge (Fra).

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. loratadine

loratadine Guest

im so nervous about this,

i wont sleep well tonight, thts for sure

4. SmokeyMonkey

SmokeyMonkey Guest

Apparently Henson's injured! :unsure:

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

what's wrong with him?

6. SmokeyMonkey

SmokeyMonkey Guest

Apparently he's got a hamstring injury? :eek:

7. loratadine

loratadine Guest

i aint heared anything.

8. esoj

esoj Guest

for all those in nz with sky this game is live on espn tomorrow at 7:30 am

9. SmokeyMonkey

SmokeyMonkey Guest

Well all I heard is that he's not playing.

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Right he's out with a hamstring injury and is replaced by Shaun Connor

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Ospreys complete a late win over Sale to give themselves a decent chance of progressing into the knockout stages, all they need now, I say ALL they need now is one big away win and that should do it.

Full time match report from the BBC

Thought the crowd was a bit dissappointing, yeah it was up on their Celtic League average but thought there would be more considering it was such a big match. Fair play to the Ospreys though, had Sale down for the win on this one.

12. loratadine

loratadine Guest

i nearly did a gareth thomas

i seriously was so blurred visiong ans shaken up, i havent been this excited since wales beat the aussies.

13. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

It's a massive win alright, does Sale no amount of damage cause the chances of them going to Paris and getting the win are slim as well, whether Ospreys can get a result in Stockport though might depend on Sale's trip to Paris.

14. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Good result for the Ospreys.

HOOK>Henson

15. loratadine

loratadine Guest

we shouldnt really want henson to fail, i mean both these guys have heaps of class, and we should count our blessings tht there both welsh.

16. Totally.

Why did Hook not start at 10 when Henson had to pull out at the last minute?

17. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

It is odd that he started Connor infront of Hook. O'Connor has been playing well, but I would of loved to see Hook have a full match against a big side.
    Hopefully he will start in the rest of the Heineken Cup matches

18. loratadine

loratadine Guest

whos o connor?

its connor, just connor, shaun connor in fact

19. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

jesus chill it's just a vowel.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!