• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Munster

Why didn't the Ospreys take a scrum at the end? They were demolishing Munster in that aspect, and I'm sure they could have got a penalty try there.

Collins made the first error and the inexperienced captaincy told, when he when for the tap and go instead of the scrum.

Over the two weeks that's just about fair. Could have done with a on French ref in two two matches though.

Of course Mafi can't stay on the pitch for 10o minute without making a stupid tackle.

What is it with Munster and these f-ed up groups.

Love the Heineken Cup though. Surprised there wasn't a giant scrap at the end of the match.

Hibbard would have munched Varley for dinner :lol:

C'mon. Scrum on Munsters try line. Go for the pushover try boys. Eat time and try and deny Munster the bonus point.

Edit. Adam Jones has been trully immense today. Destroyed Munster's scrum all day, then comes up with that tackle!

Further edit: didn't realise it was Munster's scrum. Now they're going for it. C'mon Ospreys, get this last try.

Another spear tackle!!!!!!

Yeah, Ospreys scrum has been excellent. That said it hasn't exactly been up against much of a challenge. Thought the Munster scrum was making progress in recenr weeks, but clearly not.

And I don't think the Tooitoopoo tackle was a spear and if it was 'technically' a spear then it was one that was never dangerous. Mafi was an idiot as per usual. Wouldn't mind seeing him cited for that.

It's tough to see Munster getting out of their group on the back of that result, especially bearing in mind that they have yet to go to France.

Yeah, not binning more stinking Munster players being one ;)
I think we deserved it on balance, with our scrum obviously the key factor.
O'Gara is the definition of the word c**t.

Missed it, what did he do this time?

All in all a great game, was on the edge of my seat for the most part, i guess due to the fact that i didn't think that the O's would hold on - despite being far superior in the scrum. Really thought they should have gone for the scrums at the end but a wins a win, despite giving munster a (well deserved i guess) bonus point. both tries kinda cancelled eachother out (Barry davies with the obstruction and Howlett with the push) so i guess no one can complain about them. Really am getting worried that there seems no spark in the back line going forward (of late anyways), but if the forwards are playing as well as they are (front row were immense today) i guess why stop doing what works. With a few players to come back the "lack of creativity" will disappear (i hope) - the players that have come in have taken their chances very well tho; Davies has been very good if not better than Byrne this season (naughty boy for missing all those medicals). The whole front row deserved a man of the match today, they were great. Hibbard's really showing what he can do (even if he suffers from the same welsh hooker curse of blowing hot and cold throwing in - credit goes to munster tho for disrupting our LO). This group is definitely living up to the hype of "group of death" and i feel it'll come down to who has the most away losing bonus points. Not sure when the next rounds of group matches are but i really cant wait :D :D Bring on the festive season i say :D

Missed it, what did he do this time?
Well him and Phillips had a little bust-up at the end, the final whistle blew, Phillips went to shake O'Gara's hand he just shrugged him off like a spoilt child. Phillips tried a couple of times to put his hand out but he wasn't having any of it.
C**t.

I think he was poor on both teams and made poor calls at crucial times however I do not think Tuiotuopo (spelling?) tackles was a spear, it deserved a penalty at the most.

Well him and Phillips had a little bust-up at the end, the final whistle blew, Phillips went to shake O'Gara's hand he just shrugged him off like a spoilt child. Phillips tried a couple of times to put his hand out but he wasn't having any of it.
C**t.
Aye, even if Philips is an absolute c*nt, you still shake hands at the end.
Could understand if Wallace refused to shake Philips hand, but they did shake and that's the right thing to do.

Aye, even if Philips is an absolute c*nt, you still shake hands at the end.
Could understand if Wallace refused to shake Philips hand, but they did shake and that's the right thing to do.

What stays on the pitch stays on it, for me the shot Sky showed of Adam Jones and Quinlan walking off arms round each other and laughing and smiling shows the better side of it.

yer that was quite childish of O'Gara, was surprised to see Phillips actually go over and shake his hand. O'Gara was actually clever to "start the scuffle" when he did, slowed the game down and possibly cost the ospreys a penalty try - good tactics cause Phillips wont shy away from a fight :p Could see Phillips eye him up all game, dont know what it is about Mr O'Gara, but every game he plays him, every opposition just wants to smash his face to the ground when he has the ball. Ah well I'm sure Phillips will be gunning for him in the 6 Nations =P

He can get Richie Rees to clock him one on the bench.

RonanDM0409_468x645.jpg

ogara_rejected.jpg

ogara_felling_tit.jpg

Hand in boobs :lol:

=

4410.2.jpg

Well lads sickened after that but not been biased and well despite seen Munster in a way throw it away in some ways but be lucky in others here is my thoughts.

Micko and Varley I thought were very well.
Buckley just isn't up to job from start and we need to find a TH and Ireland need to pick Ross.
Scrum was an embarrasment but lineout was good.
Mafi just isn't at this level anymore and well we need a Nonu style guy in with Sam and Mafi possibly moved on.
I thought we panicked a bit too and were lucky that Ospreys didn't take scrum option at end.

I still believe we can beat Toulon away but Ospreys now hold the hand in this group I feel but we really need to pick up intensity over festive period as I feel we need 9 points from our last 2 games

Am I right in saying that Munster probably now need to win away at Toulon to have a chance of going through.

The table now stands:

Toulon 13
Munster 11
Ospreys 10

If Munster only get a maximum of a loaing bonus point in Toulon, then they can finish with a max of 17, if they beat LI with a 4 try bonus. Toulon will already hit the 17 point mark if they beat Munster in the next game, so they'll only need to pick up a losing bonus point to eliminate Munster. As for the Ospreys, thy'll most likely top the group if they can beat LI and Toulon, and deny Toulon a losing bonus point in that final match. A 5 point win against LI would be nice, but the O's backs don't seem up to it atm.

For me, it's between Ospreys and Toulon, and it will come down to the final game between the two in the Liberty.

Latest posts