• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Munster

Collins made the first error and the inexperienced captaincy told, when he when for the tap and go instead of the scrum.
Yeah, Jerry's not the sharpest knife in the box. Had some good contact tonight, but that was bad leadership. Reason why Os won't go far.

Great to see the scrum back as a big influence. Munster tighthead was jack in the box all night long. I guess when POC returns the front row will be locked tighter and steady itself.

Ye I agree with that, Ryan Jones was making the calls despite Wyn-Jones being captain it was Jones calling the shots, but of course he was off the field for the scrum so Wyn-Jones made the call or rather Collins!

Last edited:
How can there be time for a tap but not a scrum? I'd ask Smart Cookie if he wasn't a nob ;)

Cymro - Jones was off the pitch when the scrum call was made.

Yes thanks for telling me that ... <_<

During the game Jones was calling the shots right up until he got subbed despite Wyn-Jones being the captain!

Another good showing in general from Ryan Jones at lock. There's been a bit in the media about him not being heavy enough for the position, but it seemed to have no effect on the scrums today! I think it's quickly becoming a probability that his future does indeed lay at lock. However if it does, I want him to remain around the same size, as his athletisism certainly comes in useful. He's good in the line, and offers an extra flanker on the pitch, which really helped the Ospreys today, and it could do the same for Wales.

Hibbard has to be the best scrummaging hooker in Wales. His throwing still needs a little work, but the rest of his game today was very, very good. One of the best ball carriers on the pitch today, along with Collins. Can Gatland please take note. Bennett isn't even deemed good enough for a bench spot at the moment for the Ospreys (don't think he's injured), so why the f**k is he still our no. 2 hooker at international level? I'm hoping this will force Gatlands hand a little.

Gough was useless again when he came on though. Don't think I noticed him do a damn thing, apart from getting beaten to every lineout Hibbard sent his way. I gather that Ian Evans isn't registered to play in this seasons HC, otherwise I'm sure he'd be the one on the bench.

Even Jon Thomas had a decent game today!

Apparently the referee said there would not be time for a scrum...

I thought I saw the word 'scrum' coming from Alun-Wyn's mouth when they got the second penalty. Thought I saw wrong, but maybe not. I thought there was always time for a penalty, and time for a scrum if it's from a penalty?????

Last edited:
How can there be time for a tap but not a scrum? I'd ask Smart Cookie if he wasn't a nob ;)

IRB LAW BOOK said:
5.7 OTHER TIME REGULATIONS

(e)
If time expires and the ball is not dead, or an awarded scrum or lineout has not been
completed, the referee allows play to continue until the next time that the ball becomes
dead. The ball becomes dead when the referee would have awarded a scrum, lineout, an
option to the non-infringing team, drop out or after a conversion or successful penalty kick
at goal. If a scrum has to be reset, the scrum has not been completed. If time expires and a
mark, free kick or penalty kick is then awarded, the referee allows play to continue.

There's the answer I think :lol:

Ok, I was wrong. Collins probably screwed that up then, as I think there was still time on the clock when he took a quick tap. But at the next penalty, the ref deemed time to be over, so a quick tap was the only option for Alun-Wyn Jones.

Adam Jones MoM without touching the ball sums this one up

We miraculously made it to a semi final with no set piece last year, we don't deserve to get there again until we sort it out.

Lineouts - ****. Scrums and restarts? ******* AWFUL. Fisher out.

The officials? Don't get me started :p

Well done O's. Despite having a team full of ***** you have a few good players :p Adam Jones best in the world undoubtedly!

When Quinlan and Gough came on. Quinlan incidentally was absolutely fantastic at 36 years of age. With Poite refereeing he should have started, would have got away with murder at the breakdown and given an extra lineout option. Nice to see himself and Jones arm in arm after the match too like someone said on the last page, real old school players those two :)

Lads think it reality but after seen highlights of Leinster game and well been at Munster game it baffles me what games DK watches,
He picks players that just aren't up to job.

Our lineouts were superb yesterday I thought and Micko was immense. Quinny was good yesterday when came on but it easy say that after the game that he should've started, Coughlan has been playing well and going well in training.
Stringer too made a big difference although TOL did well yesterday too but facts are easy to see,
- We have a poor scrum and every team targets us there
- We seem very 1 dimensional in the backs at times
- We need to be calmer and make that killer blow when in redzone

But well saying all that I do believe, just because it typical of us, that we can go to Toulon and shock everyone.

Lads think it reality but after seen highlights of Leinster game and well been at Munster game it baffles me what games DK watches,
He picks players that just aren't up to job.
An Irish back-row of Ferris-Heaslip-O'Brien would be absolutely stonking!

There's no need to fear that happening. Declan Kidney rates David Wallace and Denis Leamy ahead of Sean O'Brien.

:wall:

I fully expect him to pick SOB if he keeps playing the way he is playing.

If an Irish team was picked honestly on form and for World Cup.
This is my honest selection, not as a Munster man but Irish man.

1. Healy
2. Varley/Cronin (Honestly 2 different styles but both playing well and maybe I'd pick Varley as he is a better dart player.)
3. Ross
4. Cullen
5. POC (I know we haven't seen alot but really he is vital)
6. Ferris
7. SOB
8. Heaslip
9. Stringer (He is the best player I feel to use Sexton's skillset to a max)
10. Sexton
11. Earls (Another to seriously be treated like crap as was SOB)
12. D'Arcy
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Luke Fitz maybe

That is my honest view on it and well I know Ulster have been going well but I don't think they've truly had enough testing games so jury still out.

I was honestly 100 percent sure Munster were going to win this one right up until the last 2 minutes their ability to knock into 5th gear straight from 1st sometimes is just awesome , Im not really sure what went wrong though they weren't firing like what we expect from them . :/

I was honestly 100 percent sure Munster were going to win this one right up until the last 2 minutes their ability to knock into 5th gear straight from 1st sometimes is just awesome , Im not really sure what went wrong though they weren't firing like what we expect from them . :/

Waheeey 600 Posts back to where I was before they were chopped

My moment of the weekend: Jerry Collins laughing in the face of an arm flailing Dennis Leamey.

Latest posts