• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Pacific Nations Cup] Canada vs. Japan. 07/06/14

Yo rusty_lock, is Chauncey injured or has he just fallen out of graces with Crowley and crew? I was a big fan of his but after his stint with Ospreys he just kinda disappeared off the face of the planet. If he's training fulltime at the COE do you think he is gonna be making the Canada roster heading to the Commonwealth Games?

I think Phil Mackenzie is getting married soon(on twitter this has been hinted at), so I think he might have taken himself out of the side.

I like Barkwill but not as a starter, I've found him quite effective in games where he comes on for the final half hour to twenty minutes seems to add a spark like Dala does, I think your bang on with what will happen a half or so each. The starter job for next week might be n the line depending on how they play this game.

I still think Fly Half is our problem position, Jones was underwhelming in November there, Braid is bland not going to lose you games but not going to win them either. I wonder if Mack is being rested a bit for the Scotland game? I could also see Cudmore only playing about 40-50 minutes this week to save him for Scotland.

Looks like this one will be a sellout, just a handful of tickets left with nearly two days to go till kickoff.

Makes sense about Phil if he's doing the marriage thing soon. And I agree with you on fly-half but Jones was a mainstay this year on the 7's circuit and seemed good there. I know 15s is a different beast but against the likes of Japan and USA I think Jones will do well enough. Scotland may expose that part of the field though.

At scrum-half Gordon probably outperformed Mack in the eyes of Crowley and crew and earned his position. I can't wait to see him get that chance to play Saturday. And Mack on the bench is awesome because that's some real nice depth at scrum-half.

And I think Barkwill and Carpenter are solid back ups but shouldn't be starting at this point. They are getting up there in age but with a half game each and they could be rather effective. Hopefully Rugby Canada gives some young guys from the CRC teams a shot at the ARC this year.

I agree with you about Cudmore, I can't really see him playing more than that 40-50 minutes against the Japanese or the Yanks. Phelan is a decent sub for him and should be good during the time he gets. It'll be that game against Scotland that Canada will need Cudmore the most and I think he'll play a minimum of 60. He's getting up there but he's still talented and strong enough to definitely help our pack against that of the Scots.

And that's great about the tickets. It may only be around 5k people but it should hopefully be rocking. Hopefully BC Place replaces their turf and they can start playing games in there, though they'd need to open that roof up. It would be good for the West Coast to have a big suitable venue for Team Canada to counter BMO Field in Toronto.

Hassler with a hattrick, you heard it here first.

Japan is a team he might be able to bosh around a bit, a hatrick has only been done three times for Canada and Pritchard had two of them within a few days!!! Nichols had four tries against Japan back in 2000 which still stands as our tries in a match record.

Blossoms lineup looks pretty good taking a glance at it, four Soup Rugby guys and almost certainly stronger than Canada at #2, 9 and probably #10. I think we have the advantage in the forwards aside from maybe the front row.

The seats have all been sold out, but a limited number of standing room tickets are left to purchase either online or for those last minute walk ups. Looks like it's going to be a great day of rugby down at Swangard and both these teams can play with some enterprise and flair.

I'm going to be a shamless homer and pick Canada by 5 points, surely we are due for a win over Japan!!!

Great news about the ticket sales.

My offer of a free ticket to any TRF'r who asks still stands.

Weather is supposed to be good, teams are very close, so this should be the best test we have seen in BC in a long time.

Canada by 8

If I didn't live in Edmonton I'd jump on that ticket. Alas I do and my club is having a Super Saturday anyways.

Since we're pitching scores I think Canada takes this by 10. I know Japan gives Canada a rough time but I believe in our guys to get the job done at home.

At swangard an hour early. Good buzz. Carnival atmosphere. Beer is $7.00. Sold out stadium, scalpers making money out front

Attachments

• 1402186422233.jpg
    1402186422233.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 7
Booths and kids area.

Attachments

• 1402186512721.jpg
    1402186512721.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 4
At swangard an hour early. Good buzz. Carnival atmosphere. Beer is $7.00. Sold out stadium, scalpers making money out front

Rusty why does Burnaby not allow people to purchase beer, and food with debit and credit cards at the stadium? This came up today in rugby circles...very odd.

Good to hear about the crowd, I'm getting pumped over here, wish I didn't live a continent away or I would have grabbed your extra ticket.

Spanton tweeted syaing the pitch will be fast, could see some great rugby from those two backlines.

Looks liek a late change to the lineup....Piffero in for Kleeberger? Carps I gues swill be backing up the loosies than.

Woo Hoo try Hearn!!! Great work by the guys right now love the intensity.

The lineup change is Sinclair is out, Kleeberger starts and Piffero in from the reserves.

Should have been a yellow for that late hit but I'll take the penalty. Hodges missing some calls here.

That might be the sloppiest best try, I've ever seen, fumbled passes that were barely recoverd in amazing succession!!! Moonlight is in!!!

Awesome. I plan on doing my usual "bring back Gareth Rees" line at some point.

Latest posts