• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Patch 1.01 Release - Xbox 360 and PS3

I don't think you can play online without the patch (that's what most games do - if you don't update it disables online)

If you refuse the patch it disconnects you from xbox live, thats what it did to me first time anyway

How can I find out if the patch has been downloaded to my xbox 360. I took my box to a friends house and got onto xlive. I couldnt find any downloads so put my RWC game into machine and summat came up asking if I wanted to download 'updates'....I pressed yes but I can't see any difference to gameplay. However on the games main screen an icon shows in top right corner saying summat like 'Thank you for purchasing RWC 2011 game'. Played one game online as England (v Ireland) and got tonked 0-52!!! All oppo did was kick, kick,kick....right into my 5 mtre corner nearly every time!!!

Regarding the drop goals, I must admit despite thinking I'm pretty clued up I didn't know that rule. On investigation I can only find that you can't do it from a free kick or a scrum taken instead of a free kick. Should it still be allowed from any other scrum? Admittedly could be difficult for a game to distinguish between scrum types.

I hate drop goals anyway. Way over valued.

I thought Joel Stansky kicked the winning drop goal in 1995 rugby World Cup straight from a set piece scrum? I may be wrong here but not sure if the no drop kick rule does apply?

I thought Joel Stansky kicked the winning drop goal in 1995 rugby World Cup straight from a set piece scrum? I may be wrong here but not sure if the no drop kick rule does apply?

Yeah Joel Stransky did kick the winning drop goal in the 1995 RWC from a set piece scrum, this is the first time I heard about the rule that you may not kick a DG from a setpiece.

Dear guys, your game is pathetic! And it's a sad excuse to get the money out of us loyal fans who were hoping for a REAL rugby game! Shame on you guys for trying to steal my money!!

I'll be buying Rugby Challenge all the way!!

Dear guys, your game is pathetic! And it's a sad excuse to get the money out of us loyal fans who were hoping for a REAL rugby game! Shame on you guys for trying to steal my money!!

I'll be buying Rugby Challenge all the way!!

Me too....but any pearls of wisdom on how to get a better gaming experience from THIS game?

The game has frozen on me twice now while playing (on xbox 360 slim, with the patch) - it freezes sometimes during a player exchange. I have played this game 6 times now and it has frozen 2 times - highly frustrating. The one time I had to turn off xbox completely, the other time I had to go to dashboard and restart game. My xbox has never frozen on me with any game before.

Xbox live always pairs me with international players - lots of lag, I have 20mbs line that downloads at 2.5 mb/s, speedtest.net scores 18.5mbs with 30 ms ping - xbox live experience is poor, but cool feature - the only new feature though.

I've also noticed that a lot of the players have a ridiculous boot - they kick for touch from their own 22 and it lands in your 22?

I am overall disappointed in this game - seems to be a highly reduced version of rugby 08 (2007) only with slightly better graphics- poor workmanship.

Criticisms: Gameplay and AI are basically the same, some of the laws are still wrong, some of the glitches are still there from previous 08 (or 2005 however you look at it). No world league, no super 15, 6 nations, tri nations, cant create a player, big screen in background is a static picture, no intro movies or any movie clips, not even tutorial??. With the exception of the graphics - rugby 08 was better game with more than double the game modes and features. Cant believe you guys basically just rehashed the same game again with slightly better graphics. I have purchased every game since rugby 2001 - have been a loyal customer and despite having this forum and its members spell out exactly how an awesome rugby game should be you've just thinned out the same game and added better graphics.

Positives: Graphics are pretty good compared to the 08, but that's all pretty much that you've got going with it with the exception of a very limited xbox live mode

Oh and those of you confused about the drop goal =the rule of taking a drop goal is that if you are awarded a free kick you cant tap, pass and take a drop goal. And if you opt for a scrum from the free kick you cant drop directly from the scrum - there has to be contact resulting in a ruck or maul before you can take your drop - this is a recent law which only came about in the last couple of years. Another law that wasn't in the previous world cup is that you cannot pass the ball back into your 22 and then kick it out on the full - lineout will be where you kicked it from.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea at all... guys from HB, do yourselves and rugby fans a favour and get your damn game out of the market so Rugby Challenge can sell more copies and a sequel is made. And come back when you have proper game and not a money-sqeezing sh*t..

Not a bad idea at all... guys from HB, do yourselves and rugby fans a favour and get your damn game out of the market so Rugby Challenge can sell more copies and a sequel is made. And come back when you have proper game and not a money-sqeezing sh*t..

Sad guy...

Haha I agree, this is such a blatant money gathering exercise. It's disgusting.

How can I find out if the patch has been downloaded to my xbox 360. I took my box to a friends house and got onto xlive. I couldnt find any downloads so put my RWC game into machine and summat came up asking if I wanted to download 'updates'....I pressed yes but I can't see any difference to gameplay. However on the games main screen an icon shows in top right corner saying summat like 'Thank you for purchasing RWC 2011 game'. Played one game online as England (v Ireland) and got tonked 0-52!!! All oppo did was kick, kick,kick....right into my 5 mtre corner nearly every time!!!

Yes...we have all had a laff and gone slightly off topic. But can anyone tell me how to confirm if patch has gone into my console because, if it has, then I can't either find it or can't see any improvement to gameplay. Thank you.

If you can play online, then you've got it

I didn't notice any gameplay changes apart from pushover tries from a maul are harder

If you can play online, then you've got it

I didn't notice any gameplay changes apart from pushover tries from a maul are harder

Yes, Wilkinson & O'Gara still have the same "impact player" abilities as they had in 08. Wilkinson has lower kicking stats than Morne Steyn, yet can kick it twice as far.

Will be trading in my game as the weekend and putting the money towards Rugby Challenge

Yes, Wilkinson & O'Gara still have the same "impact player" abilities as they had in 08. Wilkinson has lower kicking stats than Morne Steyn, yet can kick it twice as far.
Completely not what we were talking about....
We were talking about changed to the game that the patch causes

hi to every body..i would know if is possible to have the pathc's link??? thx..

Latest posts