• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Perpignan v Munster

Munster played like they did twelve months ago in the second half, move the ball out of contact quickly, have the forwards run on to the ball from deep instead of England style 3 man pods, offloads, short passes and moving the ball wide. Great to see, it seems all we were short of was a bit of confidence and consistency. A massive step in the right direction, a home QF is still on the cards.

Can I ask, what the hell was O'Gara binned for? Tackling the man in possession of the ball? Seriously I have no idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 20 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can I ask, what the hell was O'Gara binned for? Tackling the man in possession of the ball? Seriously I have no idea.[/b]
I thought he tackled a guy off the ball? The pass went from 1st man to 3rd man, and O'Gara hit the 2nd
But i didn't see a replay of it, so that's just what it seemed like at the time

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 20 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Munster played like they did twelve months ago in the second half, move the ball out of contact quickly, have the forwards run on to the ball from deep instead of England style 3 man pods, offloads, short passes and moving the ball wide.[/b]
That's exactly what I was about to post. Great performance by Munster; the margin of victory didn't flatter them one bit. I was hugely impressed by the pack. Whoever wins the competition is going to have to go through the hicks from the south.

I thought Munster were finished ................. I mean they are finished aint they. Too old, too tired, too disjointed ....... well thats what I've been saying.

Well done munster. Congrats Munster fans.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 21 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can I ask, what the hell was O'Gara binned for? Tackling the man in possession of the ball? Seriously I have no idea.[/b]
Tackled the man before he received the ball. Had to be done, because Howlett's shitty kick-chase opened up the left wing for Perpi at a critical point. Howlett is a liability, whatever about his try.

Perry Freshwater gave good interview post match - "we were rubbish" - and no complaints about the ref at the breakdown. POC said the coaching they get in that area is the best he's experienced. Just amazing to get so many turnovers, and there were still a few where Munster lost control of the turnover and Perpi were lucky to regain possession.

A true Munstering. And delighted for the coach.

Good win for Munster

I think like El Gringo (2 coffe please...) that Perpignan came to this match hands in the pocket. But how on earth can you say that they tried to play champagne rugby ? They didn't tried to play at all, not a moment.
Not only they were'nt able to keep the ball, but they didn't even attempt, kicking after 2 movements. This strategy I don't understand as they know how efficients O'Connel and his friends are to retrieve balls.

Lads, Munster Back :bravo:

But could we be like Leinster last year( **** until February then World-Class)
But great result and WOW a Bonus point win is massive.

Leamy was like a terrior today best i've seen him in years,
O'Leary really stood up today.
Sexton still my choice for 6nations but ROG is really gettin back to his best.
Paulie was superb especially in claiming restarts.
And Wally is a robot like surely a 33year old #7 cant be that good :p

Hopefully, Perpignan will consider Challenge Cup spot and have go at Franklin Gardens.

But really think Munster will get a QF spot now even if worst was to happen as a runner-up.

Keith Earls really good today too and must say after seen alot of games this Weekend -
I think Leinster/Munster will be in Final and with them london Irish seemed to be only real scary team altho i expect Toulouse to improve as season goes on.
Biarritz could be good just dont think they've been tested yet so cant say clearly.

Also big shout out to Connacht, I was 1 of their biggest critics but 2 big wins in past week for them n hopefully they might shock us and have a go at this Challenge Cup.

Fingers crossed that the draw for the quarter finals work out so that the 2 Irish teams can meet in the final. That would be sweet!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Dec 20 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hopefully, Perpignan will consider Challenge Cup spot and have go at Franklin Gardens.

But really think Munster will get a QF spot now even if worst was to happen as a runner-up.

Keith Earls really good today too and must say after seen alot of games this Weekend -
I think Leinster/Munster will be in Final and with them london Irish seemed to be only real scary team altho i expect Toulouse to improve as season goes on.
Biarritz could be good just dont think they've been tested yet so cant say clearly.

Also big shout out to Connacht, I was 1 of their biggest critics but 2 big wins in past week for them n hopefully they might shock us and have a go at this Challenge Cup.[/b]
Ah nothing like a good old fashioned bandwagon fan. Bit odd your return coincides with Munster's return to form isn't it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Dec 21 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Biarritz could be good just dont think they've been tested yet so cant say clearly.[/b]
Earls has great talent, but too slow for the wing and not enough power in the centre.

Clermont/Toulouse/Biarritz are up there with Leinster. Munster need a bit more, because the centre combination is still a bit crap. Can't see an English team doing it. Maybe Hairsprays.

Very interesting tournament.

Why do people think we're one of the favourites? Seriously, we still have an uphill battle to get out of the group for Christ's sake. I reckon we may come out of it as a best runner up but I would not be shocked at all if we go out before the quarters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 20 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why do people think we're one of the favourites? Seriously, we still have an uphill battle to get out of the group for Christ's sake. I reckon we may come out of it as a best runner up but I would not be shocked at all if we go out before the quarters.[/b]

I would genuinely be very surprised if Leinster got knocked out before the semis

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 21 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why do people think we're one of the favourites? Seriously, we still have an uphill battle to get out of the group for Christ's sake. I reckon we may come out of it as a best runner up but I would not be shocked at all if we go out before the quarters.[/b]
I would be veeeery disappointed if Munster don't rain meteorites on Northampton. After that I reckon we're on a level with Ospreys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 20 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Kerry esque psycology there.

Playing brilliant rugby, would beat anyone at the moment. Leinster that is.

Munster need to build on this, JdV and Dowling in, Howlett out. Fla back to full health and give more games to Earls at 13 and we'll be there or there abouts.

Also Wian Du Prez was very impressive today, pity he won't be here for too long.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Dec 21 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 20 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't see an English team doing it. Maybe Hairsprays.[/b]

*braces for shitstorm*
[/b][/quote]
Tbf I'm gutted he's mentioned us. We've been touted for the last couple of years and fallen firmly on our arses. No-one's talked about us this year, yet we are doing a nice little job so far. So if people like Shtove will just shut up, maybe no-one will notice us until we're in the final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 20 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Dec 20 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also big shout out to Connacht, I was 1 of their biggest critics but 2 big wins in past week for them n hopefully they might shock us and have a go at this Challenge Cup.[/b]
Ah nothing like a good old fashioned bandwagon fan. Bit odd your return coincides with Munster's return to form isn't it?
[/b][/quote]
Ha damn net was broke :p
But seriously we back on form (not sayin it enough to win, but a start)
But Feicarsinn I no bandwagon fan, have suffered all bad days n stuck by boys!!!

But Sthove, you right Earls hasn't power YET for centre but that will come and experience is vital too.
He saved our bacon with his covering time kick went through in 1st half, great pace to clear kick as a try at that stage would've changed game proceedings.

Feicarsinn, Leinster are favourites (deservingly) as they playing well and have great <strike>team</strike> squad.
Think it is possible they may go through as best runner-up at worst but wouldnt be surprised if they win in London,
Either way they getting Munsteresque mentality -
- Get to quarter final by hook or crook (just do enough)
- Then readjust and it about winning not performance.

But don't think Clermont (although playing well) have mettle to be considered contenders

Also Noidsay agree Dowling should get back in but though Douggie played 1 of his best games for us to day and Hurley has jus reinvented himself this year, but if Douggie plays to this level more often then i ok with them.
I agree tho JDV/Earls is my 1st choice partnership but do worry about Du Preez leavin as Horan isn't goin to be fully right for LONG time and Du Preez is well above all our Props in scrummaging.

Is this the point where everyone starts bigging up Munster again and the Bandwaggon riders trade in their blue shirts for red?

Latest posts