• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Perpignan v Munster

I tell you what, if Munster would be kind enough to drop Howlett for Dowling for the remaining HEC rounds, well that would be just super...

Lads how can ye slate Howlett, yes he's been poor at times but so has everyone else.

Yea tries came down his wing but well apart from 1 in Thomond where scrum-half stepped him i wouldn't blame him.
I do think Dowling has got a chance to get back in but well be honest it hard to drop Douggie and Hurley at moment. Hurley must be applauded for turning himself into a very good hard-working winger. Think with lot of 1st team been rested Dowling will get chances over christmas but my main worry would be if Du Preez doesn't extend his stay what will we do.

Badly need a replacement even if Marcus get back and will someone tell me why are we playing Bruno to prop in AIL (should've been on bench) and Nick Williams to be top class AIL player like surely money would be better invested in Academy or something.

Any talk of dropping Howlett for Dowling is foolish. Howlett isn't the player he once was but he's capable of moments of brilliance which, quite frankly, Dowling can't even dream of.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Dec 21 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any talk of dropping Howlett for Dowling is foolish. Howlett isn't the player he once was but he's capable of moments of brilliance which, quite frankly, Dowling can't even dream of.[/b]
Perfectly said snoop that Howlett is still capable of magical moments but like find it hard that people are slating Douggie when he isn't playing badly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 21 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 21 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His contract expires a few days after we play Northampton in January, so he should be back to the Cheetahs well before S14.[/b]

Well the Cheetahs don't have too many "superstars" other than Juan Smith, Brüssow and du Preez so I can't see them letting du Preez staying any longer than his contract permits him to.
[/b][/quote]

Not that this is the thread for it but the Cheetahs have WP Nel, Ashley Johnson, Jongi Nokwe, Adriaan Strauss, Frans Viljoen who are class. They need a decent pivot and centers that don't bleed tries, though. A fullback with some presence would help as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 23 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 21 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 21 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His contract expires a few days after we play Northampton in January, so he should be back to the Cheetahs well before S14.[/b]

Well the Cheetahs don't have too many "superstars" other than Juan Smith, Brüssow and du Preez so I can't see them letting du Preez staying any longer than his contract permits him to.
[/b][/quote]

Not that this is the thread for it but the Cheetahs have WP Nel, Ashley Johnson, Jongi Nokwe, Adriaan Strauss, Frans Viljoen who are class. They need a decent pivot and centers that don't bleed tries, though. A fullback with some presence would help as well.
[/b][/quote]
Can we keep Du Preez so :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macado @ Dec 21 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
JDV.
i think he has suffered from playing in a springbok squad that restrict creative rugby[/b]

Spot on! He has had an absolutely horrific career up until this one game for Munster! If only his entire career wasn't restriced thanks to playing for us! Heck, he could have been better than BOD!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Dec 23 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macado @ Dec 21 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JDV.
i think he has suffered from playing in a springbok squad that restrict creative rugby[/b]

Spot on! He has had an absolutely horrific career up until this one game for Munster! If only his entire career wasn't restriced thanks to playing for us! Heck, he could have been better than BOD!
[/b][/quote]
ohhh forgive me for not spotting the inventive creativeness in the current springbok gameplan!!!!!!!!!!! and how Divvy encourages the springbok backs to run at every given opportunity like yer southern counterparts!!!!!!
i said nothing about his career, only his form and how i never realised he had the ability to carve through the gap like he did v perpignan and i merely suggested it may be because this type of game isnt encouraged within yer national team hence witnessing JDV doing same came as a somewhat welcome surprise..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macado @ Dec 23 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i never realised he had the ability to carve through the gap like he did v perpignan and i merely suggested it may be because this type of game isnt encouraged within yer national team hence witnessing JDV doing same came as a somewhat welcome surprise..[/b]

Just because you don't watch enough SH rugby, doesn't mean our national team game plan holds him back from having moments of genius. I still think that he is the best line-breaker in world rugby. He did this thing every single week for the Stormers in the Super 14 this year. He didn't perform all that well for us this year, and perhaps he was being a little held back by all of our stupid kicking, but you can expect a lot more from him. On his day, he is the best in the world. No doubt about that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Dec 23 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macado @ Dec 21 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JDV.

[/b][/quote]

Well at least you know he isn't. :D

God my head hurts after Christmas party :huh:

But BOD is best centre in world then JDV :rolleyes:

But how the hell did BOD not get IRB world player of year :(

McCaw didn't even play good in HALF season he participated :wall:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Dec 24 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Dec 24 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 24 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GO TO BED![/b]
Sleep did me well but :p
Are ye all honestly saying McCaw deserved to beat BOD
[/b][/quote]

Yes.

Now go to bed.
[/b][/quote]
Ok I'll get few winks :zzz:

But you get 1st round in :p
Merry Christmas

Latest posts