• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Playable Rl2 Ps2 Preview In Auckland

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 23 2005, 10:45 PM
i went to see it again....ummm same impression again....

and this wasnt the demo aye mario?....so this is exactly the same version i played before

same impression..graphics are awesome...gameplay still abit off,its basically the same as part1 with added stuff

and its REAL EASY to break the line...either if it was skoolboy..i mean cmon trent barret ran thru 8 warriors players...well...guess thats realistic hahaha..but seriously tho it looks way arcadey
It is set to schoolboy at all the playable sites apparently, so I wouldn't worry about the defence too much. As for the rest though chiro, did you try out all the new moves like shoulder charges, pass to playmaker, dummy half scooting, high jumping for bombs, diving on grubbers or the new cut out passes? If so, what were they like? If you didn't get a chance to try these however, I'd imagine the game would feel pretty much the same as RL1.

oh i did..trust me it felt good for abit then got repetitive..i spent most my time on attacks anywayz..the defence animations there are plenty..nothing too spectactular i got smashed by the ginger front row in the dragons and that forced the ball out

they play maker thingie is to slow for my liking..this little bar pops up and sayz press the following for options..pass to playmaker,dummy half run,on the burst runs..its kinda slow im hoping this just for the sake of skoolboy settings

it looks all fine and dandy but doesnt feel it

AND THE PASSES..WTF....i didnt know prop forwards could pass the ball 50 meteres across the field hahaha..it was hillarious i did that playmaker pass and jones was in the midfield and i was on the wing..and the ball cut out like 5players and stayed in the air like harry potter threw it hahaha...it was crak up

jumping?..what jumping?..didnt see that
the kicking is the same old..the defensive lines dont look tight enough even when i was on defence guys were all over the 10 line an scrambled...and again you can open up the outside for easy tries

just like i said..it feels the same..its like eas sports rugby...(hear me out before u die from laughter)...this is the game that original game was spose to be just like rugby200* and the recent rugby 05.....

its better then the original...longevity and fun factor is a must for me in any video game and the way i felt playin this...it wont last long in my consoles...still tho u league nutz..u will luv it cause it is league and the only league game ya gonna get in this day of age

im looking forward to there future versions if sidhe are gonna be making one but not this one

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 25 2005, 10:56 AM
oh i did..trust me it felt good for abit then got repetitive..i spent most my time on attacks anywayz..the defence animations there are plenty..nothing too spectactular i got smashed by the ginger front row in the dragons and that forced the ball out

they play maker thingie is to slow for my liking..this little bar pops up and sayz press the following for options..pass to playmaker,dummy half run,on the burst runs..its kinda slow im hoping this just for the sake of skoolboy settings

it looks all fine and dandy but doesnt feel it

AND THE PASSES..WTF....i didnt know prop forwards could pass the ball 50 meteres across the field hahaha..it was hillarious i did that playmaker pass and jones was in the midfield and i was on the wing..and the ball cut out like 5players and stayed in the air like harry potter threw it hahaha...it was crak up

jumping?..what jumping?..didnt see that
the kicking is the same old..the defensive lines dont look tight enough even when i was on defence guys were all over the 10 line an scrambled...and again you can open up the outside for easy tries

just like i said..it feels the same..its like eas sports rugby...(hear me out before u die from laughter)...this is the game that original game was spose to be just like rugby200* and the recent rugby 05.....

its better then the original...longevity and fun factor is a must for me in any video game and the way i felt playin this...it wont last long in my consoles...still tho u league nutz..u will luv it cause it is league and the only league game ya gonna get in this day of age

im looking forward to there future versions if sidhe are gonna be making one but not this one
<
wtf?

those lying mother fuggers.....now where's my shot gun?
C4-check!
M16-check!
shottie-check!

oh mario......can i talk to you for a sec!
<

We were all uder the impression that the passing bugs had been cleaned up, from what ive seen in the videos it looks fine, but I havent played it like chiropractor. In RL1 the biggest problem with the passing was not being able to find your man (which has been adressed with pass to playmaker) but the magic floaters really shatter the illusion, and it seems like the pass to playmaker may have made this worse( as choropractor pointed out). You should have made so if you pass to play maker and hes on the other side of the field, that the ball gets passed to ground, because a pass that long is silly.

Still no-one else played this!!!???

i guess not

look if i had a ps2..i would buy it..coz i would enjoy the fact this is a rugby league and i love rugby league..i did not have the chance to look at the other options so sorry..i spent like 15minutes...hahaha 5minutes the first time and then snatched the controller off this kid who was trynna figure out the buttons the second time...

i like the direction that sidhe are going with this so support this and the next gen consoles will hold a legendary league game....

its got the glitz and the glamour an with the franchise mode i did not see that could contribute to the longevity...multiplayer will be the best option for everyone id picture that as the tru challenge as with every sports game..so the online feature will add more fun!!!..

the game is solid its like rugby 2005..its as good as it gets atm...

league fans will drawl on this...im a league fanatic im also a big football gaming freak..and its panning out evenly on my scale..

sallgud...get this game

Latest posts