Player gets banned for 13 weeks for clearing nose on player’s face

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by The_Blindside, Feb 21, 2019.

1. The_Blindside

The_Blindside Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

British Irish Lions

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

******* hell, disgusting

4. Cruz_del_Sur

Cruz_del_Sur Senior Member

Country Flag:

Argentina

Club or Nation:

CASI

Wow. 13 weeks.
    How did we end up in a situation where a player knowingly stomping an opponent on his back (Paul Lasike, Arg XV vs USA) gets a 1-week suspension and a guy clearing his nose on an opponents face gets 13 weeks?

I'm not saying the cheetahs guy doesn't deserve punishment, course he does, but we cant have personal hygiene as a priority above physical integrity (im exaggerating, i know).

A guy who willingly and knowingly does something that could end up in serious injury gets 1 week. There's got to be some congruence between the seriousness of the foul and the penalty.
    This is just madness.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mrs. Peter Quinn

Mrs. Peter Quinn Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

London Wasps

Agree with the above, think this is utter madness. Yes it's disgusting, yes it's demeaning, no it's not in the spirit of the sport - give him a good ban but not 13 weeks FFS.
    Is stomping or punching in the spirit of the sport? Do they punished this severely? Rugby should get off its high-horse wherein basically bad sportsmanship is punished significantly more harshly than any offence related to a physical foul. Dave Ward gently treads on a blokes ankle and the powers that be say nothing of it at all.

On a less serious note I love that they had to use a formal-sounding name for this offence - I'm disappointed they didn't just go for "Blowing a bogey"

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!