• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player of the Championship Nominations Released

Mike Phillips seriously we have had at least a minimum of 13 players play better than him during the six nations, where is probably our best performer in Leigh Halfpenny shocking who in the hell picks these players.

Cuthbert there is a travesty, don't you think. Not that Cuthbert's been bad but imo not great either. North? Halfpenny?

Cuthbert's been ok, worse player on that list to chose from, Phillips is by far the worst selection.

Blame for three players can be labeled on the idiotic Donal Lenihan. All good players but none really player of the tournament I wouldn't even say Philips or Ryan were MotM in their respective matches.

It's such a ridiculous system. Do the MOTM winners from this weekend not get a nomination?

If they don't it's ridiculous as these will be three of the most competitive matches of the tournament.

It's such a ridiculous system. Do the MOTM winners from this weekend not get a nomination?

If they don't it's ridiculous as these will be three of the most competitive matches of the tournament.

Nope. It's worse than the IRB Player of the Year.

Also please make up your mind as to which country your from.

Cuthbert's been ok, worse player on that list to chose from, Phillips is by far the worst selection.

definitely agree with that too. Cuthbert struck me as odd just because on the opposite Welsh wing you've got somebody who seems to be playing a similar game, better. I haven't watched him all that closely but I remember him missing a few tackles against England, which considering his size, aint cool.

Weird. Not suprised no English were picked but atleast pick the best players from each team on it. R.Gray?

Weird. Not suprised no English were picked but atleast pick the best players from each team on it. R.Gray?

In fairness Denton and Rennie have been consistently better than Gray.

Nope. It's worse than the IRB Player of the Year.

Also please make up your mind as to which country your from.

I like to think that my nationality reflects my mood.

For example yesterday I was grumpy, angry and felt that everyone was equal. (Apart from me I was more important) So I was from the Former Soviet Union.
Today for example I'm wandering between moods and I haven't a clue where I am, therefore I'm from Dominica.

(If someone was to point Dominica out for me on a map I might cheer up)

Anyway... How does the IRB player of the year policy work, I stopped paying attention to it in 2009 when BO'D didn't get it.

I like to think that my nationality reflects my mood.

For example yesterday I was grumpy, angry and felt that everyone was equal. (Apart from me I was more important) So I was from the Former Soviet Union.
Today for example I'm wandering between moods and I haven't a clue where I am, therefore I'm from Dominica.

(If someone was to point Dominica out for me on a map I might cheer up)

Anyway... How does the IRB player of the year policy work, I stopped paying attention to it in 2009 when BO'D didn't get it.

A committee comprising Greenwood, G. Hastings, Ibanez, F. Piennaar, Pichot, S. Quinnell, P. Walllace, Umaga and chaired by Eales watch they watch a certain amount of Internationals and award points to who they think the top 3 players in each match were. In a world cup year the further along in the competition you get the more points awarded in a match so someone who reached the final was obviously gonna win it. It's incredibly flawed.

Also Dominica is an island north of Venezuela and east of Puerto Rico

Last edited:
A committee comprising Greenwood, G. Hastings, Ibanez, F. Piennaar, Pichot, S. Quinnell, P. Walllace, Umaga and chaired by Eales watch they watch a certain amount of Internationals and award points to who they think the top 3 players in each match were. In a world cup year the further along in the competition you get the more points awarded in a match so someone who reached the final was obviously gonna win it. It's incredibly flawed.

Also Dominica is an island north of Venezuela and east of Puerto Rico

Ireland is an Island North of Venezuela and east of Puerto Rico...

in a championship that's been dominated by giants, one player has stood out above them all imo. Leigh halfpenny has been incredible in every aspect of the game!

Yeah he's been pretty solid.

Not sure about Philips. He's a good solid player, but his pass is way too pedestrian.

My guy Keith should be dere, he deserves credit for coping with the pressure of filling BOD's jersey. Yeh i said it!

Adam Jones, Ian Evans, Jonathan Davies, Wesley Fofana, Rob Kearney, Owen Farrell all should of made the list imo.

Of those that did though I'd probably go for Lydiate or Rennie.

I'd take out Phillips and Cuthbert and replace with Halfpenny and maybe Morgan. Nothing against Phillips and Cuthbert cos they've had a solid tournament but they're not the top 10 performers. Halfpenny not being on that list is a bit of a joke, he's been Wales' best player so why wouldn't he be on the list?

Latest posts