Pocock arrested - ARU warning

Gavin

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Former Soviet Union
Club or Nation
Barbarians
I cannot add the link I am on my mobile but I just saw on Planetrugby that David Pocock was arrested for chaining himself to a coal digging machine. He has thus been served with a written warning from the ARU.
It is surprising how the ARU deal with their players. I support Pocock.

If someone could add the link I would be much appreciated.

Is this another sight of how incompetent the ARU are?

The next Richie McCaw they said, better than Richie McCaw they said. No he's chaining himself to coal digging machines.

I cannot add the link I am on my mobile but I just saw on Planetrugby that David Pocock was arrested for chaining himself to a coal digging machine. He has thus been served with a written warning from the ARU.
It is surprising how the ARU deal with their players. I support Pocock.

If someone could add the link I would be much appreciated.

Is this another sight of how incompetent the ARU are?

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9588096,00.html

I keep seeing people criticize the ARU over this...I really can't see why. They didn't actually do anything to punish him, they made it clear that they aren't criticizing him for his political views. But they want his focus to be on being a professional rugby player, if he's in jail or embroiled in a legal situation because of his political activism then that's obviously a distraction for him as an International Rugby Player.

Well done, David. He's a great person

New selection criteria, in order to revive the Aussie tradition, all squad members must have some form of criminal record :D

Dirty hippy sponger.

Bet he spends his weekdays lounging on a beanbag.

Both.

I hope to some day see the board of the ARU shoveling each other into a coal furnace.

Both.

I hope to some day see the board of the ARU shoveling each other into a coal furnace.

I guess you don't like looking at the test matches of Rugby League because the Kangaroos always win to England :lol:

As long as heinous amounts of fossil fuels are sourced and burnt at the cost of the local and global ecosystem I don't give a ****.

tl : dr - **** you Bambi.

I guess you don't like looking at the test matches of Rugby League because the Kangaroos always win to England :lol:

Why do you, every single time, always throw in that someones team lost. Its ridiculously petty

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9588096,00.html

I keep seeing people criticize the ARU over this...I really can't see why. They didn't actually do anything to punish him, they made it clear that they aren't criticizing him for his political views. But they want his focus to be on being a professional rugby player, if he's in jail or embroiled in a legal situation because of his political activism then that's obviously a distraction for him as an International Rugby Player.

100% - the ARU have nothing to do with this; they're his employer so it isn't any of their business.

In the free world, people are entitled to their political opinion without fear or favour; freedom to protest is a cornerstone of Democracy

:
Why do you, every single time, always throw in that someones team lost. Its ridiculously petty

It's a entertaining read though
An I blame the English team anyway for always losing to the Aussies:D

Last edited:
100% - the ARU have nothing to do with this; they're his employer so it isn't any of their business.

In the free world, people are entitled to their political opinion without fear or favour; freedom to protest is a cornerstone of Democracy

I don't think you actually understand the concept of freedom of thought/speech or political opinion. Pocock is free to have whatever political opinions he wants but if those conflict with his job his employer has every right to terminate his contract. If I choose to go to a political protest that is my right, if I miss work because of that political protest or because of any legal problems stemming from it, then my employer can terminate my contract.

Even if don't miss work but my political beliefs in any way reflect poorly upon the organization I work for (let's say just as an example that I'm at the front of an Anti-abortion protest and there are media images of me with an inflammatory sign), they can terminate me as the front man for the company if they fear public backlash. That's not an infringement on my freedoms it's merely a consequence of certain actions.

Latest posts