Is darts a sport?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• What is darts?

• Total voters
I voted yes anyway because it is a sport. Heck I've got my dartboard up on the wall playing now beats just sitting on my ass all day on the internet even thou I'll probably only play it for like 2-3min.

Seems a simular sort of sport as archery, which is without a doubt a sport, it is just a more compact version I guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 6 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Nov 6 2009, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 6 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is. It requires physical skill and the winner is determined in an objective fashion.[/b]

I dont know i just feel uneasy about acknowledging tubby up there as being an elite athlete.

I see your definition as defining a game, such as darts or pool or a literal ******* contest. just my opinion, there should be more of a distinction between games and sport.
[/b][/quote]

You don't necessarily have to be an elite athlete to be an elite sportsman. Stephen Lee is a fat ******* but he definitely has one of the best cue actions in snooker, very much making him an elite sportsman, same applies with golf and darts, it's not just physical conditioning that makes a sportsmen. There's no way Phil Taylor, Raymond van Barneveld and James Wade are not elite sportsmen. Look at the skill of them first of all, but the number of hours they put into their training as well, it's not as if they're just showing up for a game of darts, picking up a check and saying cheerio.
[/b][/quote]

Again, I think it's not related. You can train for a game. They're elite players of a game...A friend of mine was a pro player of Starcraft and Counter Strike. He trained 12 hours everyday. It still isn't a sport though. Same goes for poker, chess, pool, crosswords and what have you...

Latest posts