• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 1 (Glasgow, Leicester, Munster, Racing Metro)

When those results are meaningful, the TV companies will probably take notice. One great result (well done Glasgow) and three cheap ones hardly constitutes a new dawn.

I personally think last year was a blip, we'll see Leinster and Glasgow play knockout rugby and with a fit Sexton a semi final or final is not beyond us. And 4th place in the pro12 beating third in the premiership is more than meaningful, similar to Wasps spanking Leinster last year when we found out we aren't big players anymore that result shows that Glasgow aren't a one tournament side anymore, while the English sides anyway put effort into the challenge cup as shown by its list of winners.

If marketed properly the pro12 has the potential to be a really good brand, far less consistency at the top than the premiership and the top14 and when Leinster, Ospreys, Glasgow and Ulster play the gulf in the amount of top internationals playing is cut significantly. Scheduling is hampering us hugely, regularly are the two or three best games of a weekend on at the same time.

This pool is going to be tough. I can't see anyone other than the outright winner go through and that could be ANY of these 4 teams IMO. I'd have had Racing as early favorites but we've been dire in the early T14 rounds.

I didn't even know Jaco Taute has left us. I was under the impression he might be injured. Though I can't see him making the WP/Stormers starting line-up he certainly is a handy player to have around being a very capable utility back. Losing these types of players to Europe means our SA sides don't have any depth to them. Suppose we'll just have to accept that. I certainly can't blame the players as I'd have pushed off as well for a stint if I were in their shoes and had the opportunity.

Hope Racing can pull off a win. Here's hoping having Goosen and Chavancy back in the backs give us that extra little penetration back we've missed.

This pool is going to be tough. I can't see anyone other than the outright winner go through and that could be ANY of these 4 teams IMO. I'd have had Racing as early favorites but we've been dire in the early T14 rounds.

I didn't even know Jaco Taute has left us. I was under the impression he might be injured. Though I can't see him making the WP/Stormers starting line-up he certainly is a handy player to have around being a very capable utility back. Losing these types of players to Europe means our SA sides don't have any depth to them. Suppose we'll just have to accept that. I certainly can't blame the players as I'd have pushed off as well for a stint if I were in their shoes and had the opportunity.

Hope Racing can pull off a win. Here's hoping having Goosen and Chavancy back in the backs give us that extra little penetration back we've missed.

We probably won't be allowed to keep him sadly. He's on a short contract but I'd love to hold on to him as we're getting so thin on centres

Team for Saturday. Was named very late actually.
[FONT=&quot]15. Simon Zebo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14. Darren Sweetnam[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13. Jaco Taute[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. Rory Scannell[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. Keith Earls[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. Tyler Bleyendaal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. Conor Murray[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Dave Kilcoyne[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Niall Scannell[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. John Ryan;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Donnacha Ryan[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Billy Holland;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Peter O'Mahony[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. Tommy O'Donnell[/FONT]
[FONT=Droid Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]8.CJ Stander[/FONT]
[FONT=Droid Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Hard to say that the game itself will be the biggest attraction at Thomond tomorrow but that's a really strong team. Great to see Earls where he belongs. As near to full strength as we've been for a while now. Here's to a great game. [/FONT]

Stander wearing 24 on his back, 8 vacated as a mark of respect.

Not that it really matters but I don't see how Munster can win this match, it's too difficult a situation. Feel bad for Glasgow too, they're most likely going to go in and win a game that probably even some of their own fans would like to see them lose.

A uniquely fascinating and sad spectacle this will be, it'll be the most passionately I've cheered for the province since 2006, it takes a hell of a man for me to do it!

On the road from now til 4 so I'm going to avoid seeing the score so I can watch a repeat later. Please let it be a good game.
SUAF.

Lineouts aside Munster have looked fantastic this first 20.

Keith Earls completes the first tackle of his career and he gets red carded for it :eek:
I thought it was a yellow, to be fair - for me it looked like he landed around his shoulder/upper back area, not his head/neck.

Wow Earl's was furious I mean proper furious.

Personally I think that was a YC not a RC.

Hate the Glasgow tactics of making the opposition do spear tackles think it is very unsportsmanlike.

Did the ref not show him a yellow? I thought it was but on Sky they are saying red.

Earls acted like an idiot after

Did the ref not show him a yellow? I thought it was but on Sky they are saying red.
He had both in his hand, with the red facing outwards, not sure if he took them both out by accident or if he's got a two sided card but I thought it was a yellow, too, until after Earls had left the pitch

He had both in his hand, with the red facing outwards, not sure if he took them both out by accident or if he's got a two sided card but I thought it was a yellow, too, until after Earls had left the pitch

Two sided makes sense from the refs-cam point of view.

Very disappointed in Earls. Obviously emotions are high but his reaction was unacceptable.

4 try bonus point before half-time?

RIP Axel. That was for you brother and thanks for everything. Sleep well brother.

On Earls give the man a break hopefully none of ye have to put down the week just gone.

There's only one word to describe Glasgow after that.

Shameful. thats all i got to say about them.

Fair enough its been a hard week for everyone especially for Munster. But that was just shameful Glasgow.

Last edited:
Fair enough but can't be having that.

RIP Axel. That was for you brother and thanks for everything. Sleep well brother.

On Earls give the man a break hopefully none of ye have to put down the week just gone.

Earls should apologise and may do after the match (I'm sure the teams will have a get together after the week they've had) and that should be the end of it. However, you can't go round calling fellow professionals ****ing cheats can you?

That said there's something very odd about that tackle. I'm not sure the 2 went down "naturally". Very dangerous and silly if true but not beyond the realms of possibility for me.

Also that was a fine tribute to Foley (rest well) not sure anyone lives with that ferocity to be fair.

Latest posts