• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 1 (Glasgow, Leicester, Munster, Racing Metro)

Earls should apologise and may do after the match (I'm sure the teams will have a get together after the week they've had) and that should be the end of it. However, you can't go round calling fellow professionals ****ing cheats can you?

That said there's something very odd about that tackle. I'm not sure the 2 went down "naturally". Very dangerous and silly if true but not beyond the realms of possibility for me.

Also that was a fine tribute to Foley (rest well) not sure anyone lives with that ferocity to be fair.

He apologised to people he should have. Also he was emotional and there player did turn to make it worst. I'm not saying he cheated as he may have twisted unintentionally and equally I'm not saying much as with day thats in it we will just now grieve for Axel but in my eyes it was a yellow but I may be wrong. What Earls did after was wrong but he apologised and I'd cut him slack as this week has been tough. He's been with Munster 10 years or so and Axel has been involved and kep part for every moment of that.

Who the hell would intentionally twist to try and land on their head/neck potentially paralysing themselves?
I'm all for backing your man but that's ridiculous.

Who the hell would intentionally twist to try and land on their head/neck potentially paralysing themselves?
I'm all for backing your man but that's ridiculous.

That's what the argument was. I'm not saying it either way but thats what the issue was and Towsend also mentioned that being the problem. I think anyone who was watching knows that was area. And he was never in doubt like your saying olyy. He had 1 leg still on ground and this isn't defending Earls but thats the grey area everyone is arguing over. As was clearly displayed with Peter going over. By letter of law it a red maybe I thought it was a yellow but again haven't backed anyone ridiculously but that was argument so misunderstanding your view here.

Hmm I must have misread the two messages above but to me it looked like they were both suggesting the Glasgow player twisted himself further round so it was a tip tackle

Jerome Garces had to referee the game, not the occasion. Given the current laws, it was a definite red card. It's a diabolical law though.

Munster were outstanding. On an emotional day, they paid tribute to their former coach and captain in the best way possible. That was an utter demolition job on an excellent team. Their halfbacks pulled the strings beautifully.

Up front, it's great to see John Ryan's growth as a tighthead over the last few months. At 28, he's now of a similar age to Mike Ross when he made his breakthrough and should be entering his prime. Munster have a few holes to fill at the moment to get back to where they were a few years ago. Ryan's emergence means tighthead isn't one of those problem positions.

Hmm I must have misread the two messages above but to me it looked like they were both suggesting the Glasgow player twisted himself further round so it was a tip tackle

Just that that is what the argument is about. I'm not sure if you seen the incident but majority have said it was a yellow and play acting from Glasgow player. Even some Glasgow people said it. For me I wouldn't argue Garces call as he took his time and by letter of law its red. But you say the player could've been seriously injured and that was where the argument is. That the player himself went looking for penalty. Maybe he did maybe he didn't. I'm not in a position to say. The point was just being made that was what the big issue was about that Peter O Mahony went straight to ref about. Both him and Gray followed Garces 50m down field arguing before there was wny hint it could be anything near a red.

On side Taute I thought was magical today and vital. Tyler made great European debut too.

Rewatching now properly I will add Earls call was a red and twist thing wasn't as much as was made out. It wasn't malicious but was a red.

I was to be honest.

As I stated dangerous and silly. However in my view Earls does not have the requisite power to tip the Glasgow 2. The 2 falls awkwardly having what looks like turned into the tackle. All a bit odd for me.

Hard to bet against Munster right now but after watching the game in Glasgow last week both pro12 sides need massive improvement to win this week. A lbp should keep Munster happy!

Hard to bet against Munster right now but after watching the game in Glasgow last week both pro12 sides need massive improvement to win this week. A lbp should keep Munster happy!

Tigers would be fine with only letting Munster get A LBP, esp with Welford road after.

That was a strange game. Munster were well in control but decided to stop playing and just kick the ball away.

Stander, Bleyendaal, Murray, Earls and Zebo should offer a more potent attack.

It was not a strong Glasgow lineup too. No Hogg, Russell or Pyrgos, on top of injury to Sarto. Plus backup fly half Horne went off injured early on. I expect to finally see a normal Glasgow performance this week. Whether that means they can do anything away from home I don't know. Hard to switch from being rank rotten with their backups the past three weeks of the league and then suddenly gel again with the internationals returning. But strange things have happened.

Big issue Leicester are missing is IF we get a win this weekend and a LBP next week and Glasgow shock Racing even at home it may benefit us.
Also good to see Coles is being watched closely for illegal scrummaging and while our international guys will be rested the English contingent will be a week after a tough test.

Also if Leicester loose this Tigs will look awful

Also Alpha we won dirty game yesterday which we hadn't in a long time butbalso did it minus 6 starters.

Also Tigs you still due over. Need help lifts with anything or any tip pm me

Last edited:
home advantage is def worth 5 points for us. Ben Youngs currently the best scrum half in the world will be playing along with Cole the cleanest scrummager in the world.

Freddie burns v Strander ----> I wouldn't want to be Strander he will have to be bathed in Aloe Vera after facing Burns.

Unfortunately had to cancel everything shame as it is on my bucket list of grounds to go to. (Along with Ellis park and what is now Aviva stadium).

Still get grief for not going to our second home ground.

(And yes I will look awful if Tigers get thumped now).

home advantage is def worth 5 points for us. Ben Youngs currently the best scrum half in the world will be playing along with Cole the cleanest scrummager in the world.

Freddie burns v Strander ----> I wouldn't want to be Strander he will have to be bathed in Aloe Vera after facing Burns.

Unfortunately had to cancel everything shame as it is on my bucket list of grounds to go to. (Along with Ellis park and what is now Aviva stadium).

Still get grief for not going to our second home ground.

(And yes I will look awful if Tigers get thumped now).

Ben Youngs not even best 9 in premiership
Stander will be on bench so won't get hurt by Burns JOD will have to do

2016 has been a weird year Cubs winning, Leicester City winning the prem Ireland beating the AB for the first time, Italy beating SA for the first time.

I guess Tigers losing their first ever European game at Thomund park wouldn't be completely out of the question.

And RE Ben Youngs remember this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=69hREuz1aWs&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
2016 has been a weird year Cubs winning, Leicester City winning the prem Ireland beating the AB for the first time, Italy beating SA for the first time.

I guess Tigers losing their first ever European game at Thomund park wouldn't be completely out of the question.

And RE Ben Youngs remember this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=69hREuz1aWs&feature=youtu.be

Yes I do sure Stringer was first to do that in this fixture. But I for 1 am certainly excited and glad Tigers are so cocky.
Because if they loose this and fail to get out of this easy group surely it will be another year of failure for RC. Especially with fact playing budgets are 3 times ours.
And as I said Youngs isn't best 9 in England never mind the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts