• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 2 (Connacht, Toulouse, Wasps, Zebre)

hey dude that's just the beer taallhkin

I'd agree with Alpha. There's no evidence Castres are better. An you say they've no interest in Europe and fair enough but to me they're an average Top14 team and I think they're the equivalent of a mid table Pro12 team with a load of cash.

I'd agree with Alpha. There's no evidence Castres are better. An you say they've no interest in Europe and fair enough but to me they're an average Top14 team and I think they're the equivalent of a mid table Pro12 team with a load of cash.

this is just what I said :D

They're a mid-table team here and know CCup is not for them. Urios their coach in the interview is not saying anything different!

this is just what I said :D

They're a mid-table team here and know CCup is not for them. Urios their coach in the interview is not saying anything different!

But my point is if they are with that mentality then effectively they're a club with no ambition and just pay big money to players for nothing but appearance.
Because they will not really be a Top 14 challenger either. Its no coincidence the best top 14 teams are the ones who challenge in Europe

But my point is if they are with that mentality then effectively they're a club with no ambition and just pay big money to players for nothing but appearance.
Because they will not really be a Top 14 challenger either. Its no coincidence the best top 14 teams are the ones who challenge in Europe

They have no ambition in Europe. Doesn't mean they have no ambition in Top 14. Don't caricature.

They know they don't have the squad to trouble the big guys like Leinster Sarries etc. At least they're honest.

Their ambition is mid-table Top 14 and notching a few big scalps from the top5. It's in keeping with their budget and squad over here. No more no less.

Yes they will just put in an appearance in Europe but not in Top 14.

They have no ambition in Europe. Doesn't mean they have no ambition in Top 14. Don't caricature.
So, i take it they are fielding all substitutes, right? Every single player is a substitute/third choice? Not one starting XV in the EC.

I mean, if i were a coach competing in two tournaments, i wouldn't risk fielding a starting XV player in a competition i sincerely don't care about, particularly if that means i could potentially lose him (injuries, rest, etc.) for the competition i claim to care about.
Consistency, you know.

When people say one thing but their acts hint they care about something else, i tend to trust their actions more than their words.

I have no idea who they're fielding. I couldn't care less. Look up the team compo and answer your own question.

Their head coach gave an interview where he states the competition is not for them. And they've never made it out of a European pool in the past. So we believe them.

Their performance has never contradicted their words when it comes to Europe :lol:.

Hope you can live with that.

They know they don't have the squad to trouble the big guys like Leinster Sarries etc. At least they're honest.

Their ambition is mid-table Top 14 and notching a few big scalps from the top5. It's in keeping with their budget and squad over here. No more no less.

Yes they will just put in an appearance in Europe but not in Top 14.

And that there shows there is no ambition in Europe or domestically. I onow Munster are going poorly last few seasons but I'd rather be us trying to aim for wins in every competition with crappy budgets than settle for mid-table.

It's a shame that quality sides like the Blues and Ospreys are denied a place in a tournament in favour of apparently mediocre sides from other leagues that have no intention of fielding their strongest side. Wales, Scotland and Italy have only one side each in he tournament and the first two countries could certainly have enhanced this competition.

And that there shows there is no ambition in Europe or domestically. I onow Munster are going poorly last few seasons but.

Wrong again. If they showed no ambition they would get relegated. They won the league in 2014, final in 2013.

They also beat Racing (21-13) last September. Not bad for a side with no ambition :)

I'd rather be us trying to aim for wins in every competition with crappy budgets than settle for mid-table.

Be yourself my friend and let Castres be what they want.

Last edited:
I have no idea who they're fielding. I couldn't care less.
Maybe that's the problem. On one hand you claim they do not care yet you have no idea that his words contradict his actions. Key phrase being you have no idea.

Look up the team compo and answer your own question.
It's as if the concept of rhetorical question eludes you. Quite cute actually.

Hope you can live with that.
I won't be able to sleep.

Maybe that's the problem. On one hand you claim they do not care yet you have no idea that his words contradict his actions. Key phrase being you have no idea. .

I have already answered this point above. Why come back if you're not bothered reading the thread.

Because, and this might be a tad complicated so kindly pay attention, i disagree with you.

Because, and this might be a tad complicated so kindly pay attention, i disagree with you.

No you disagree with Castres.

I was just relaying the information about Castres head coach stating the CCup is not for them (see quote further up with link to article). It is Castres making that statement in the media, not me. Can you tell the difference. There is no contradiction between what they say and what they do. You're the one looking for a contradiction that's just not there.

so if you say you disagree with me, clearly you've missed the point.

Last edited:
I did not miss any point.
I disagree with you and i do not believe what Castres manager is saying because his statement does not reconcile with his actions.

I disagree with you and i do not believe what Castres manager is saying because his statement does not reconcile with his actions.

oh yes it does. Castres are consistently crap in CCup :lol: They've never made it out of their pool

---------
Give us a break with Castres. They're just cannon fodder in CCup. It's not a competition for them. They know it. We know it.

Write to them if you think they should take a different look at it. I mean they could do with an expert like you.

Last edited:
It's as if logic, rational thought and common sense elude you.

PS: if giving me bad reputation helps your fragile ego, please, go ahead. Happy to help.

GPshdb3.png

Ohh, the infamous "troll" argument, and with a picture....

How could i ever compete with such a compelling and overwhelming argument?
I would never dare to go after the brilliant and machiavellian mastermind behind such a post.

I'll take the french approach instead: I surrender.

Actually, that was a cheap shot not only at you but at a lot of people who do not deserve it.
Deleting it would be cowardly, so i won't, but i will apologize. Sorry for that last phrase.

Latest posts