• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 2 (Connacht, Toulouse, Wasps, Zebre)

Yeh Toulouse have basically been doing a Leicester and Munster the last few seasons.

And after last week I can't see them being bother about the rest of the European games.

listen to the 'been to 2 games' Toulouse expert here. Hilarious :D

We certainly haven't hit form this season but it's a long season and we've only just covered the first 1/4 of it. We're slowly rebuilding after Noves and with a new staff. This is their 2nd season in charge and it will take them more than 2 seasons to get over the generation change we're going thru.

Nothing this club hasn't seen before. We've always come out better for it. Look at Toulon. Going thru a whole change as well. They'll struggle this season after their 3 ***les.

Connact narrowly won at home 23-21 when Bezy missed a sitter which would have earned Toulouse the win (23-24).We were average but could have nicked it in the end. But we took home a bonus point from Galway without doing much.

This doom and gloom is hilarious. You're going to give yourself nightmares.

Last edited:
listen to the 'been to 2 games' Toulouse expert here. Hilarious :D

We certainly haven't hit form this season but it's a long season and we've only just covered the first 1/4 of it. We're slowly rebuilding after Noves and with a new staff. This is their 2nd season in charge and it will take them more than 2 seasons to get over the generation change we're going thru.

Nothing this club hasn't seen before. We've always come out better for it. Look at Toulon. Going thru a whole change as well. They'll struggle this season after their 3 ***les.

Connact narrowly won at home 23-21 when Bezy missed a sitter which would have earned Toulouse the win (23-24).We were average but could have nicked it in the end. But we took home a bonus point from Galway without doing much.

This doom and gloom is hilarious. You're going to give yourself nightmares.

It's completely isolated to the Wasps game, recent form is what you go by, they've been well below the level of Wasps this year, nothing hilarious about it. You could easily say Carty missed a sitter and Connacht threw away two very easy try scoring opportunities, all of a sudden it's 40-21.

Saying you're rebuilding is fine, saying it to deny you've had a miserable season thus far is, well, hilarious!

Didn't deny anything. But We're mid table in ...October. Oh my oh my. How many times has this happened before. And you come out crying after watching 2 games here?! :lol:

The fans here know the club is going round a major corner. This is what happens when both a great coach and a golden generation leave.

We've gone thru a similar situation before. We've always bounced back. Look at the trophy cabinet. How do you think we won 19 league ***les??

We're at the bottom of a cycle. We're coming to the end of the golden generation of Dusautoir Clerc Poitrenaud & Noves. It'll take time to replace them. There's no doom and gloom here. Only in your head.

I don't think Toulouse are as bad as some people make out. Just because they lost to Connacht, it doesn't mean they're bad. Lets remember that Connacht are in fact the pro12 champions and, were at home and won by a few points! Wow big shock! Would you be shocked if Munster beat Toulouse at home by 2 points? Well Connacht are better than Munster. I don't see any team in Europe playing like Connacht or that extreme level of all out attack so even though Wasps have some excellent attacking talent, they play a more rounded style of rugby.

Connacht's new South African signing, Boshoff, arrives tomorrow. So in a week or two he'll be ready to play and he is an 85% place kicker which is an upgrade on Carty who is about a 50 or 60% kicker. They'll have Buckley, McCartney, Roux, Healy, Masterson and more to come back from injury so I wouldn't be too quick to write them off.

We're going to be vulnerable for a few seasons. We'll have to grin and bear it. That's Ok.

Maybe we're due another thrashing by Wasps. Last time was in 1996. we took a long hard look at ourselves then and went on to make 5 European finals won 4 + 7 league ***les

Wasps did us a favour :) Maybe they'll oblige again :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

You could easily say Carty missed a sitter and Connacht threw away two very easy try scoring opportunities, all of a sudden it's 40-21.

If a 2 pt win at home is all the Pro12 champ could manage over a crappy ST that was ripe for much much more, well Ok...

I agree there was room for Lots more but you didn't take it.

Last edited:
Didn't deny anything. But We're mid table in ...October. Oh my oh my. How many times has this happened before. And you come out crying after watching 2 games here?! :lol:

The fans here know the club is going round a major corner. This is what happens when both a great coach and a golden generation leave.

We've gone thru a similar situation before. We've always bounced back. Look at the trophy cabinet. How do you think we won 19 league ***les??

We're at the bottom of a cycle. We're coming to the end of the golden generation of Dusautoir Clerc Poitrenaud & Noves. It'll take time to replace them. There's no doom and gloom here. Only in your head.

Never have I argued that you won't come back, Leinster went through what you're going through right now over the last 2 seasons. You're point of contention is that I think I am the God of all things Toulouse having been to two games and I think its the beginning of the end of the club while in actual fact my analysis goes as far as Sunday's game. Would you deny that Toulouse have been blunt in attack most of this season? Struggling to put away Stade Francais minus Parrise would point towards that. Would you say they have been vulnerable/lazy in defence at times this season? They looked it against Toulon and Connacht.

Please point out where I've said it's all doom and gloom, you speak as if I've predicted relegation for Toulouse this year. Stop arguing points that I haven't made in an attempt to make me appear stupid, it has the opposite effect.
@profitius The media still have Connacht as plucky underdogs, I don't see it that way, they beat Toulouse while playing some shocking stuff for 35 minutes and passing a tonne of scoring opportunities up. That was a vulnerable Connacht side, Wasps would have had 4 tries and then some had it been them in Galway last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

So you agree with what The Alpha Bro said, but you're going to get all butt hurt about it anyway. Seems reasonable!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why Wasps would be favourites in an away game against Toulouse.

The bookies do, 4/6 is freely available. Either you're reading it wrong or 6/4 on Toulouse is massive value.

Never have I argued that you won't come back, Leinster went through what you're going through right now over the last 2 seasons. You're point of contention is that I think I am the God of all things Toulouse having been to two games and I think its the beginning of the end of the club while in actual fact my analysis goes as far as Sunday's game. Would you deny that Toulouse have been blunt in attack most of this season? Struggling to put away Stade Francais minus Parrise would point towards that. Would you say they have been vulnerable/lazy in defence at times this season? They looked it against Toulon and Connacht.

The big debate here since the start of this season is the lack of a world class kicker. In our league games we have left so many points behind with the boot. We should have won away to Clermont and in Connact.
I agree our attack is blunt but this is not crucial. We have won many ties in the past with a misfiring attack. But lack of a kicker with stats around 85% is more problematic.

Bezy's kicking is poor atm. Flood is useless I don't know why he's here. Doussain's kicking is poor as well so is Marques. This is what's hurting the team.

- - - Updated - - -

So you agree with what The Alpha Bro said, but you're going to get all butt hurt about it anyway. Seems reasonable!.

I've just agreed with alpha bro because I'm in a generous mood and he seems lost in Toulouse so I took pity.

. Flood is useless I don't know why he's here. .
- - - Updated - - -

Flood is far from useless!!! If I remember, he began last season very well playing centre (although I'd prefer to see him at fly half) and then had a shocker against Ulster - and that happens to the best of us, doesn't it? He is a proven kicker, but for some reason, Toulouse are using a multitude of kickers (Bézy, Doussain, McAllister, Marques, Fickou, Fritz & co) so there is no consistency. Stick with one or two kickers and confidence should be regained and victories will follow as sure as night follows day - but then again Frenchfan has always had head stuck up his erse and can't see anything ;)

Nothing personal against Flood who seems like a very likeable person in around with fans. He's made a big effort to integrate. Unfortunately He hasn't lived up to his reputation. He is not a natural centre. Selecting him as a centre is not a great idea.
He is a kicking flyhalf. And we could do with his international kicking stats ATM. He had little competition at 10 when he arrived. The 10 jersey is still up for grab. I honestly believe he has all the qualities to make it his as he's a very rounded player, good defender etc.

We're still waiting. Maybe this will be his season.

Last edited:
Ended up putting a couple of quid on toulouse - Wasps are favourites but the booked have them at such massive favourites (1.38 on bet 365) that the toulouse odds were too good to pass on (3.something)

Latest posts