• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 2 (Connacht, Toulouse, Wasps, Zebre)

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
250px-Wasps_rugby.svg.png
V
220px-Zebre_logo.png

Saturday 15/10/2016 @ Rioch Arena
Kick Off: 12:00

Connacht_badge.png
V
150px-Toulouse_badge.png

Saturday 15/10/2016 @ Galway Sportsgrounds
Kick Off: 16:30​

Zebre will get slaughtered away from home against anyone in this tournament. They are laughably bad at travelling.

Despite finally some improvement with Connacht last week I think they are still well below last years ability, seeming a lot less ferocious in the forwards. Their replacement for McGinty at 10 looks like he is growing into the team and they are explosive at wing and fullback. I don't see them getting close to a win though as they'll be beasted up front.

That bet on wasps scoring less than 8.5 tries is looking rather foolish at the moment

Zebre are bizarre. They play with no energy, confidence or passion when away from home and get slaughtered almost every time. Then they can be pretty competitive and determined at home.

Is there any chance when keeping trak of Pro12 superiority I can exclude Zebre because they're not in this comp on merit? Yeah? Sound, 2-0 right now, we need these savages to cop on. Toulouse's attack is muck, I've seen it, force them to kick and all will be fine for Connacht.

Someone tell Connacht that appeasement didn't prevent the second world war, and it definitely won't stop them losing this game.

I think place kicking is the only thing in sport that I'm genuinely better than some pros at, that was bread and butter.

- - - Updated - - -

Might see if I can get a contract over here, I'll write to Pat Lam saying I might be available next year too.

So the real-pro12 are now 3 for 3 against the cannon fodder of Europe....

Another wee improvement from Connacht against Toulouse, but still not quite going at full tilt I don't think. Hopefully the injury to O'Halloren can be run off as he'd be a terrible loss (particularly as they already don't seem to have Healy to provide cover). Tiernan looks extremely capable every time I see him and I can't believe there are discussions on this forum about the Irish fullback spot that don't even mention his name!

Another good result for what is fast regaining its position as Europe's premier competition, the Pro12, but I think Scarlets will drop the ball tonight. They are so far off form it's not funny.

Another good result for what is fast regaining its position as Europe's premier competition, the Pro12, but I think Scarlets will drop the ball tonight. They are so far off form it's not funny.

They aren't part of the real-pro12.

Like the Italians - we let the Taffs play along out of charity - they are part of what is referred to as "I can't believe they're in the Pro12".

The best contribution from Wales to the Pro12 is Nigel Owens and Ben Whitehouse.

Scarlets are leading at the moment after Dan Mugford was made to look like the mug he is. It's never gonna end.

Scarlets are leading at the moment after Dan Mugford was made to look like the mug he is. It's never gonna end.

Even the minions of the Pro12 can look like Hercules himself against these English makeweights.

Latest posts