• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 4 (Castres, Leinster, Montpellier, Northampton)

I mean Cokcers is no angel (many cant stand him) or anything BUT he at least comes across as passionate about his club.
Saints aren't his club, though, tbf :p
He's never gonna have the passion for Northampton that Cockers has for Leicester, Baxter for Exeter etc.

Rory Best and AWJ edging closer to that Lions captaincy
Which is a shame because neither are the best in their position,
Though neither is Hartley so it doesn't make much difference I suppose

Great reaction

That moment when you realise that the rugby player you selected to captain England is just a glorified thug when on club duty...

Attachments

• 1481326686244.jpg
    1481326686244.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 26
Well I guess this makes it much much easier for Jones to have George in as 1st choice hooker for the 6N. Farrell as captain of England? Also English clubs really have been **** poor this year.

Well I guess this makes it much much easier for Jones to have George in as 1st choice hooker for the 6N. Farrell as captain of England? Also English clubs really have been **** poor this year.

With Binny and Hartley probably missing, then yes Farrell or Brown as VCs would be the next in line. Just wonder if maybe Itoje should be promoted to leadership group if he's not in there already; sooner or later he will be captain of England.

Ye look understrength Gaston 

you sound a little tongue in cheek, but in fact we are very under strength, no Willeseme, Jac du Plessis or Bismark, Benoit Paillaugue out till Feb, Pierre Spies, Chale Watchou, and Joe Tomane, throw some of those players into the team and you understand why we are 2nd in the TOP 14. somehow i think it will be impossible for 2 teams to come out of our pool as everybody has lost atleast one game already and Leinster winning with bonus pt. last night means we have to win both Castres home and away which is possible. and the showdown will be at the showground in Jan. We may regret that last minute defensive bonus point Leinster nicked when we played in Oct. Jake White is still playing both comps, the whole thing will be much clearer after next weekends games. Then the 23rd we have TOULON AT HOME!!! IT NEVER ENDS!!!

sorry forgot to mentiopn well done last night bonus and all, when you think we lost with a last minute penalty at Saints, c'est la vie mon ami.!!!

Last edited:
Hartley. what goes thru his head. A strong contender to tour, possible captain. Great leadership with england. Delighted for Leinster.

Hartley. what goes thru his head. A strong contender to tour, possible captain. Great leadership with england. Delighted for Leinster.

Hartley has to play on the edge to get the best out of himself. Unfortunately that edge includes these mad momements. He's crossed that line too many times for it to be eradicated from his game IMO.

Binny?
Is he really up there as a captain choice? I can't see it at all!

Well, he's next in line after Hartley, although not this upcoming 6Ns. A captain who will lead by example if not by word. I remember there were doubts over Johnno when took over Dallaglio as England captain a and he didn't turn out half bad.

you sound a little tongue in cheek, but in fact we are very under strength, no Willeseme, Jac du Plessis or Bismark, Benoit Paillaugue out till Feb, Pierre Spies, Chale Watchou, and Joe Tomane, throw some of those players into the team and you understand why we are 2nd in the TOP 14. somehow i think it will be impossible for 2 teams to come out of our pool as everybody has lost atleast one game already and Leinster winning with bonus pt. last night means we have to win both Castres home and away which is possible. and the showdown will be at the showground in Jan. We may regret that last minute defensive bonus point Leinster nicked when we played in Oct. Jake White is still playing both comps, the whole thing will be much clearer after next weekends games. Then the 23rd we have TOULON AT HOME!!! IT NEVER ENDS!!!

sorry forgot to mentiopn well done last night bonus and all, when you think we lost with a last minute penalty at Saints, c'est la vie mon ami.!!!

Great to have depth. Think other side is if ye do double over Castres it opens door for Leinster to win over there.
Nothing like a run of tough games. We have same herw in Munster and in some ways it's better as it keeps guys focussed.

Well, he's next in line after Hartley, although not this upcoming 6Ns. A captain who will lead by example if not by word. I remember there were doubts over Johnno when took over Dallaglio as England captain a and he didn't turn out half bad.
When did that happen? I thought it was Farrell and Brown?

Yea, the only time Binny's captained was vs Ireland when Faz had already gone off. Faz has always been the 2nd choice captain so far.

Billy's injured for the foreseeable future so Farrell is the likely choice. Brown is also a vice captain but he's a risky option given his general angry-man vibe.

Hartley has to play on the edge to get the best out of himself. Unfortunately that edge includes these mad momements. He's crossed that line too many times for it to be eradicated from his game IMO.

Everyone needs to play with aggression to get the best out of themselves, its a physical game. Hartley, like many a Northampton player, just doesn't see the need to control himself on the pitch. Its outright self indulgence not a vicious streak that can't be contained. Mallinder cut a forlorn figure last night but the club culture is firmly on him.

Great win for Montpellier, 11-3 down and a red after 19mins to turn this game around and win with the bonus point a sure sign of excellence as Castres are no walkover by a long way. Fantastic defence and using the pack they forged 4 tries 2 from rolling mauls and 2 from the backs. while Castres could only profit fom an interception try by Grosso. Now one point behind Leinster and all to play for.

A lot of people and ex-pros, Carling and Williams, coming out defending Hartley... A crazy swinging arm that connects with the head, wise up!

A lot of people and ex-pros, Carling and Williams, coming out defending Hartley... A crazy swinging arm that connects with the head, wise up!

and to think we nearly signed him at Montpellier last season, would have been a massive mistake, much better of with the hookers that we have!!!

At least ye have yours lads on pitch Gaston. Well done the weekend too.

thanks my friend, looks like the decider could be in Dublin for the game v Leinster in Jan. could be a tough one for us to win but we may have a few players back from injury and ready to give it a go. Firstly we must win in Castres this weekend!!!!

thanks my friend, looks like the decider could be in Dublin for the game v Leinster in Jan. could be a tough one for us to win but we may have a few players back from injury and ready to give it a go. Firstly we must win in Castres this weekend!!!!

Gutted I'm going to mkss that! I think we'll both get through Gaston, personally hoping for a qf between us in the Altrad with a very different result to October!

Latest posts