• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre Season Games.

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
Montpellier played their first pre season game last night in St Affrique, in the Armand Vaquerin Challenge now in its 20th year. This Challenge is dedicated to the French International and Beziers prop who died 20yrs ago.
The match was a fast running affair with Montpellier coming out easy winners by 31-6.
Good showing by Jim Hamilton, Wynand Olivier, Francois Trin-Duc, although pre mistakes were in abundance but thats expected, the game Montpellier played, was one of pace and distribution, 4 good tries, this could be a difficult season for Brive, but also for Montpellier if they want to finish in the Top 6 as many teams have recruited par excellence during the close season.
Looking forward to another fantastic TOP 14 season with Internationals from the world over on show.

yeh, it all starts soon, will be exciting for sure...but though Castres won last year (and I'm really sorry for Dulin btw) I doubt another "small market" team really has a chance again this year. Clermont are a beautiful team, but they're just loaded...Habana in Toulon...it's a super team's league, and some would argue it's always been but it's getting more and more like that is what I'm saying.

The more that come to France the better, whatever the rest of the World say about wages in France we see week in week out some of the best players in the world who could possibly moan about that and if the French team suffer because of it "c'est la vie"!!!!!!

The more that come to France the better, whatever the rest of the World say about wages in France we see week in week out some of the best players in the world who could possibly moan about that and if the French team suffer because of it "c'est la vie"!!!!!!

whaaaaaaat ?! :D
Eh, Gaston ! what the hell man ! well I suppose I see your point, but still...I guess we'll just have to see and weigh just how destructive this whole money-lusting Top 14 bullshyt turns out to be...
vive...vive la France (??)....

Latest posts