• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predicted 6N table 2019

Big test of their mettle... if Ireland did lose on Saturday, well it would be such a blow that I'm not sure if the confidence could be rebuilt in time for the World Cup.
I don't think it would be a big deal to be honest. It'd be blown put of proportion in the media but it wouldn't be the end of the world. We lost there two years ago (in a game where the score flattered us) and they've beaten more or less everyone there in the last few years.

I'm expecting a big reaction both from losing to England bit equally it's a first chance to get proper revenge for Murrayfield in 2017 and combined with the Scottish injuries and the fact that they didn't really convince me against Italy even before the bizzare late shutdown makes me think we'll win. Not confident at all though especially taking the injury news into account.

Big test of their mettle... if Ireland did lose on Saturday, well it would be such a blow that I'm not sure if the confidence could be rebuilt in time for the World Cup.

Stander, Ringrose and Toner all confirmed as out for Saturday. Big losses although Scotland are also weakened without Barclay, Watson & Skinner amongst others. Looks like Henshaw will play at 13 with Kearney coming in at full back. We must be close to getting a match thread to discuss such matters :)

Pressure is on Ireland though, I mean they're already relying on the Welsh beating England if they're to win (okay not quite true but the odds are stacked against France, Italy and Scotland beating them). Sure they'll be fired up coming off a loss at home but they also know they can lose at Murrayfield - they could bottle it. If they do then it probably is indicative or a potential WC flop. Though I think 1 game isn't enough to write them off that just yet.

I don't think it would be a big deal to be honest. It'd be blown put of proportion in the media but it wouldn't be the end of the world. We lost there two years ago (in a game where the score flattered us) and they've beaten more or less everyone there in the last few years.

I'm expecting a big reaction both from losing to England bit equally it's a first chance to get proper revenge for Murrayfield in 2017 and combined with the Scottish injuries and the fact that they didn't really convince me against Italy even before the bizzare late shutdown makes me think we'll win. Not confident at all though especially taking the injury news into account.

It's just a really (like REALLY) interesting match... I do honestly believe Ireland will turn up like a bunch of snarling beasts and lay down a marker by blowing Scotland off of the field... and that's exactly what 'the best side on the planet (tm)' should do after a defeat like Saturday. But if they don't do that... and Scotland (who in fairness are a damn good side at Murrayfield) somehow manage to win... well with how high the Irish psyche has been over the last year, peaking in the latter quarter of 2018, there is more than a chance that it could hit an almighty low.

And we all know how important confidence is in professional sports.

It's just a really (like REALLY) interesting match... I do honestly believe Ireland will turn up like a bunch of snarling beasts and lay down a marker by blowing Scotland off of the field... and that's exactly what 'the best side on the planet (tm)' should do after a defeat like Saturday. But if they don't do that... and Scotland (who in fairness are a damn good side at Murrayfield) somehow manage to win... well with how high the Irish psyche has been over the last year, peaking in the latter quarter of 2018, there is more than a chance that it could hit an almighty low.

And we all know how important confidence is in professional sports.
The media and some dramatic fans will declare crises no doubt. But we lost two games in the 2017 tournament and have lost two since, lost two and drew one in 2016 and beat SA away and NZ that year, its not really something to worry about massively leading into the RWC.

The media and some dramatic fans will declare crises no doubt. But we lost two games in the 2017 tournament and have lost two since, lost two and drew one in 2016 and beat SA away and NZ that year, its not really something to worry about massively leading into the RWC.

Man... you should be renamed the alpha cucumber!

Revised table:
(1) Wales
(2) England
(3) Ireland
(4) Scotland
(5) France
(6) Italy

Although having said that, the team Gatland has selected against Italy seems a tad lightweight.

After Round 3, I see something like this:

(1) Wales W5 D0 L0
(2) England W4 D0 L1
(3) Ireland W3 D0 L2
(4) France W1 D0 L4
(5) Scotland W1 D0 L4
(6) Italy W1 D0 L4

I predict Italy will beat France at home.

After Round 3, I see something like this:

(1) Wales W5 D0 L0
(2) England W4 D0 L1
(3) Ireland W3 D0 L2
(4) France W1 D0 L4
(5) Scotland W1 D0 L4
(6) Italy W1 D0 L4

I predict Italy will beat France at home.

Noooo... now it's jinxed!:mad:

Scotland despite seemingly taking a few steps forwards the last few years under Cotter, then Townsend - now seemingly have taken a few steps back.

Wales have momentum and would be surprised if we didn't win in Edinburgh now.
All set up for a nail biting finish against Ireland. One slip up though, and England will pinch it.

Scotland despite seemingly taking a few steps forwards the last few years under Cotter, then Townsend - now seemingly have taken a few steps back.

Wales have momentum and would be surprised if we didn't win in Edinburgh now.
All set up for a nail biting finish against Ireland. One slip up though, and England will pinch it.

Scotland have just had a helluva lot of injuries... it 'normally' shouldn't be used as an excuse as squad depth is a major factor in a teams success but the Scots have been crippled.

They will also be HIGHLY motivated to stick it to Gats... they'll never forgive him for the Lions snub.

I think the whole of Wales should try and avoid falling into the same ego trap that England fell into after they beat Ireland. We need to take a wounded Scotland side at home extremely seriously.

Welsh media have been saying grandslam since the autumn,
All anyone is talking about is the win streak,
Hilarious how England being pleased with a result somehow supersedes all that

Welsh media have been saying grandslam since the autumn,
All anyone is talking about is the win streak,
Hilarious how England being pleased with a result somehow supersedes all that

Hilarious how hindsight has 'softened' the last two weeks' shenanigans into "... pleased with a result".

We were pleased with the results though?

Pre tournament most English fans had us 3rd tops, couple of good performances and we'd thought we'd turned the corner.

You only have to look at the media to see where the ego and arrogance lies, and it's in the one that alternates between a nailed on grandslam and a record breaking win streak with every other breath

Arrogance definitely wears a red shirt in 2018/19

We were pleased with the results though?

Pre tournament most English fans had us 3rd tops, couple of good performances and we'd thought we'd turned the corner.

You only have to look at the media to see where the ego and arrogance lies, and it's in the one that alternates between a nailed on grandslam and a record breaking win streak with every other breath

Arrogance definitely wears a red shirt in 2018/19

Ok... we've definitely been speaking to different English fans then, as every English pundit and fan that I listened/chatted to had Ireland as favourites with England in second. Then after the Ireland win and the thrashing of the French its been like the second coming...

Latest posts