• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predicted 6N table 2019

Ok... we've definitely been speaking to different English fans then, as every English pundit and fan that I listened/chatted to had Ireland as favourites with England in second. Then after the Ireland win and the thrashing of the French its been like the second coming...

... until it wasn't.

You're obviously inventing stuff to fit your narrative.
You can barely move for the Welsh screaming about their grandslam

I'm surprised there aren't petitions to just not play the final two rounds seeing as they're already engraving their names on the trophy

I'm surprised there aren't petitions to just not play the final two rounds seeing as they're already engraving their names on the trophy

Hypocrisy in action... if anyone is making anything up it's the "You can barely move for the Welsh screaming about their grandslam". Not one person mentioned the 'G' word in the office today as it's NOWHERE near a done deal.

Seem to remember quite a lot of talk about an English grandslam though... until Saturday night.

giphy.gif

Scotland have just had a helluva lot of injuries... it 'normally' shouldn't be used as an excuse as squad depth is a major factor in a teams success but the Scots have been crippled.

They will also be HIGHLY motivated to stick it to Gats... they'll never forgive him for the Lions snub.

I think the whole of Wales should try and avoid falling into the same ego trap that England fell into after they beat Ireland. We need to take a wounded Scotland side at home extremely seriously.

I find it amusing when people promote the 'Scotland have gone backwards' narrative when they fail to acknowledge or recognise the freak injury crisis coupled with the fact that squad depth (which the Townsend is aware of and is trying to address) are bound to have a major bearing on results against well coached tier one sides who don't have the same injury crisis.

Re. Wales at Murrayfield, I see a similar outcome to the Ireland game but perhaps with a lower points difference. I was trying to get an update on the Hogg injury situation - initial reports were that he was out for the season but then Townsend said he was hopeful it wasn't serious. I don't know if the results of his shoulder scan have been released. Hamish Watson was also expected to return before the end of the 6N. If we can get him and Russell back then that should make it a more interesting game.

My final prediction:
1.ENG 20 pts
2.IRL 18 pts
3.WAL 17 pts
4.FRA 10 pts
5.SCO 5 pts
6.ITA 0 pts

I find it amusing when people promote the 'Scotland have gone backwards' narrative when they fail to acknowledge or recognise the freak injury crisis coupled with the fact that squad depth (which the Townsend is aware of and is trying to address) are bound to have a major bearing on results against well coached tier one sides who don't have the same injury crisis.

Re. Wales at Murrayfield, I see a similar outcome to the Ireland game but perhaps with a lower points difference. I was trying to get an update on the Hogg injury situation - initial reports were that he was out for the season but then Townsend said he was hopeful it wasn't serious. I don't know if the results of his shoulder scan have been released. Hamish Watson was also expected to return before the end of the 6N. If we can get him and Russell back then that should make it a more interesting game.

If Russel, Hogg and Watson are back this will be an extremely tough game.

I think if the Welsh play with the same intensity they used to destroy and crush the English, they have a fair chance. Not saying its in the bag, but there's a chance.

Seem to remember quite a lot of talk about an English grandslam though... until Saturday night.

And this is So true. And as for world cup contenders - there were also names being engraved onto cups way ahead of time. Not since Saturday though!

England 5 4 0 1 143 67 76 4 20
Wales 5 5 0 0 102 63 39 0 20
Ireland 5 3 0 2 101 91 10 1 13
France 5 2 0 3 87 112 -25 2 10
Scotland 5 1 0 4 83 124 -41 2 6
Italy 5 0 0 5 74 133 -59 0 0

England 5 4 0 1 143 67 76 4 20
Wales 5 5 0 0 102 63 39 0 20
Ireland 5 3 0 2 101 91 10 1 13
France 5 2 0 3 87 112 -25 2 10
Scotland 5 1 0 4 83 124 -41 2 6
Italy 5 0 0 5 74 133 -59 0 0
Yeah, they put it in when they put in bonus points so that if a team got a Slam they'd always win.

Regardless of the fact that we still have to beat Ireland, @Leinster Fan just ruined your day eh?

I think Wales have the GS sown up.

England will be second, and Italy last. The others can play out a raffle.

I think Wales have the GS sown up.

England will be second, and Italy last. The others can play out a raffle.

What with English history of having Grandslams ruined on the final day... I'm surprised at this.

My prediction is Ireland beat Wales by 7, Italy v France is tough to call but I think France have one last big performance in them, hence saving Brunel's job and, I see Eddie's cockiness costing them!!

Ireland 18pts
Wales 17pts
England 16pts
Scotland 11pts
France 10pts
Italy 1pt.

Last edited:
My prediction is Ireland beat Wales by 7, Italy v France is tough to call but I think France have one last big performance in them, hence saving Brunel's job and, I see Eddie's cockiness costing them!!

Ireland 18pts
Wales 17pts
England 16pts
Scotland 11pts
France 10pts
Italy 1pt.

By your table, you have Scotland beating England with a BP, at Twickenham?

Latest posts