Premiership club breakaway

Ragey Erasmus

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
With all the problems resulting from Covid, there has been an increase in premiership clubs looking to break away and form their own championship away from the PRL. At first it was 6 clubs but it has now increased to 13 and it is looking like it won't be long before all the clubs agree to ditch the PRL and start up their own competition.

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/lat...ip-rugbys-13-member-clubs-consider-breakaway/

So do people think this will happen and concerns about the impact?

Can someone explain to me what the difference between the PRL and the Clubs is? I thought PRL was controlled by the 13 member clubs, similar to how the nfl is actually the 32 teams.

Yeah, that seems odd.
So 13 of the 23 members of PRL want to split from PRL, rather hsn changing the things that they're 100% in charge of...
Or is this a way of trying to screw CVC "you're agreement was with PRL, who don't exist any more. Nah nah na na nah"

Aren't there only 13 clubs? So 10 are looking at breaking away because they're not happy with PRL paying wages.

rangeracher misquoted the article. The article says that 10 of the 13 teams are considering breaking away.

The rugby paper article says 10 of the 13. No where I can find (other than this forum) says all 13 want to break away.

Can only find this in the rugby paper, has it been reported anywhere else?

Why 3 clubs blocked a move to lower the salary cap.
All but 3 clubs are threatening to leave.

Almost like it's the standard negotiation tactic and most likely nothing will happen in terms of new league.

Almost like it's the standard negotiation tactic and most likely nothing will happen in terms of new league.
Isn't it just there's 3 cubs that are better financially so don't need to push for change?

Agree nothing will happen with the league.

Isn't it just there's 3 cubs that are better financially so don't need to push for change?

Agree nothing will happen with the league.

Well that's the nitty gritty of it.
They might not need to change so can be selfish and say no, so the other clubs can say well have fun without us.

What will get more viewers?
A league with the championship teams + Bath, Bristol and Exeter or a league with the other 10 teams?

Well that's the nitty gritty of it.
They might not need to change so can be selfish and say no, so the other clubs can say well have fun without us.

What will get more viewers?
A league with the championship teams + Bath, Bristol and Exeter or a league with the other 10 teams?
Well that league would also include Sarries to be fair...

Why do you think it's those three clubs? I'd watch your step if I were you, I don't want to have to call the Westcountry Anti-Defamation League on you

$aber rattling.

Latest posts