• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Rd 18

As good a tackle/steal as you'll see from JJ.

JC done his AC?

Last edited:
As good a tackle/steal as you'll see from JJ.

JC done his AC?
Not popped it at least.

If he does go off, then presumably JJ to wing and Clark to OC; possibly Homer to wing and Burns to FB

Last edited:
Tbh JJ finding some form would be great. I think he's got work to do to displace Slade after Slade had a very good 6Ns, but at his best JJ is probably better all round.

Take note Freddie.
Miss an easy kick, and then find yourself across the try line, all in hand 1 minus later... put the bloody thing down!

Pure filth from Exeter, they're scoring for fun.

Eastmond really not the type of centre you want/need in a relegation battle side

Ben desperate to try and find a way to excuse the inexcusable. That's a frustrated Tom Youngs and an absolutely 100% red card.

This is men against boys. How the mighty have fallen.

It is 100% a red card, but the fact is the Refs do seem to let it go more times than not and they need to enforce it more.

Agree there are some dodgy ones let go but as Baxter has just said Atkins is on the floor moving away and Youngs is committed to clattering him. Also frustration does play a part. These tigers have pride but they don't have enough capability to even worry the chiefs. I wouldn't be surprised if a Tiger whacks someone at some point (not Sopranos style obviously)

So no points for any of the bottom 3, but Bristol get 1 and start to slowly creep away from the relegation battle

So no points for any of the bottom 3, but Bristol get 1 and start to slowly creep away from the relegation battle
Agree looks like 40 will be safety line 4 games out.
3 way battle for me but Bristol could get dragged in none of bottom 4 have gimme points and everyone at present playing for something.
Last 2 weekends could be big as some maybe playing for nothing or resting players for bigger games.

Despite the loss I thought Newcastle looked pretty good away at Sarries, and were within a sniff of a LBP
Game vs Tigers is massive now

Exeter so far ahead now that they could not put out a side for the rest of the season and still get a home play-off

Despite the loss I thought Newcastle looked pretty good away at Sarries, and were within a sniff of a LBP
Game vs Tigers is massive now

Exeter so far ahead now that they could not put out a side for the rest of the season and still get a home play-off
Believe they have ready done that although not checked table.

26 pts ahead of 3rd, who have a maximum of 25pts available to them

The commentary team actually asked Rob Baxter if he was struggling to motivate the players given how massive their lead is, but they don't seem to be having any problems with this!

I think they will want to steamroll everyone and build as much form as possible for the playoffs.

I've been critical of them in the past for being boring and one dimensional but today they were excellent. I much prefer watching them with Simmonds at 10. While he doesn't do anything that individually special, he seems to make them 10x more adventurous, but just magine if they'd had Ford at 10 today.

giphy.gif

That said: hopefully Devoto can continue his form and oust Teo.

Slade has certainly chosen the right time to find consistency and pump it up a gear.

JJ has some work to do yet to overtake him, but a fit and on form JJ, as rare as that is, is arguably the best 13 in the world.

Think that Nowells place could be in jeopardy as JJ could also play wing and Watson soon bad fit. Would be disappointing as the 'back 4' are well stocked, it is 12 & 9 where we need some depth.

JJ on the wing? Come on.... he played there a little about 10 years ago.
Watson has been on the verge of return for ages, it feels like - I doubt he makes the world cup at this stage. 4 games left in the season and it's not like Nowell has played badly for England or is playing badly for his club.

Latest posts