• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Rd 18

Finally managed to watch Leicester vs Exeter highlights.

For me Leicester's issues stem from three big problems. 1) Missed tackles. To often great defensive work is undone by simple missed tackles and not even difficult tackles. 2) Defensive line is not organised well enough which allows gaps and mismatches for the other team. 3) Not good enough competition at the ruck which allows opposition quick ball and gives Leicester slow ball.

As for Youngs red card. Yes it was red, but I agree that it needs to be refereed more consistently across the premiership as I've seen other players make dubious clear outs that could have been looked at.

Just watched the whole Exeter - Tigers game. Firstly Ford looked very good in an otherwise poor Tigers performance. People talk about a 10 playing when on the back foot, I think that was a prime example. In particular it was good to see his running game again, I had forgotten just how fast and nimble he can be when given some space.

Secondly for Youngs, I think that was a red and actually I think that sort of incident needs to be punished more than high tackles on standing players. A standing player can be knocked back by a high tackle, a player on the floor being hit at speed has nowhere to go and will take the full brunt of it. Most injuries are from players having limbs bent in awkward positions while being tackled or on the ground and if rugby wants to really improve the safety they have to clamp down on people flying into rucks with no control at all. It's already illegal, just not enforced.

Slade is really looking like he is developing into the player we all hoped he would be. If he continues this form for England, I can't see JJ getting back in unless he hits the form he had back when he first got into the side and more.

Just watched the whole Exeter - Tigers game. Firstly Ford looked very good in an otherwise poor Tigers performance. People talk about a 10 playing when on the back foot, I think that was a prime example. In particular it was good to see his running game again, I had forgotten just how fast and nimble he can be when given some space.

Secondly for Youngs, I think that was a red and actually I think that sort of incident needs to be punished more than high tackles on standing players. A standing player can be knocked back by a high tackle, a player on the floor being hit at speed has nowhere to go and will take the full brunt of it. Most injuries are from players having limbs bent in awkward positions while being tackled or on the ground and if rugby wants to really improve the safety they have to clamp down on people flying into rucks with no control at all. It's already illegal, just not enforced.

Slade is really looking like he is developing into the player we all hoped he would be. If he continues this form for England, I can't see JJ getting back in unless he hits the form he had back when he first got into the side and more.
Prob for JJ is its a direct battle between him and slade as we have on field 13 cover in daly and nowell at a push so we dont need a 13 on the bench we need back 3 cover.

I keep forgetting devoto isnt that old amd has alot of talent. Bad run of injuries but could develop into a very good 12 for england post world cup, not saying he pushes out manu by any stretch but we need depth there.

Latest posts