• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Grand Final

Sarries did a brilliant job at building rivalries that weren't there before. This meant more away fans coming to their empty stadium. Their marketing in general has appeared to be brilliant as well as their match day experience.

But I'm still not sure what it has done to their actual fan base. Have there increased their numbers dramatically, I have no idea.

Maybe it's all worked for them.
I always find the empty stadium line an odd one; it's not like Saints, Leicester or any other Premiership club are selling out the equivalent of Anfield or Old Trafford, nor does a bigger stadium/higher attendance lead to good performances on the pitch or trophies.

I always find the empty stadium line an odd one; it's not like Saints, Leicester or any other Premiership club are selling out the equivalent of Anfield or Old Trafford, nor does a bigger stadium/higher attendance lead to good performances on the pitch or trophies.

Because saints and Tigers don't need to tbf.
on the later point it does make them financially more viable if they have higher attendances

Because saints and Tigers don't need to tbf.
on the later point it does make them financially more viable if they have higher attendances
Saracens charge far more for tickets, the highest of any club, and success on the pitch means more matches = more revenue.

Succinctly matchday attendance doesn't necessarily correlate with revenue, let alone viability.

Saracens charge far more for tickets, the highest of any club, and success on the pitch means more matches = more revenue.

Succinctly matchday attendance doesn't necessarily correlate with revenue, let alone viability.

How much do Saracens charge for tickets?

Latest I've got is for 2017-18

As it is, I suspect that every team who's ground regularly sells out, also complains about the ticket prices, and imagines themselves as (amongst the) most expensive.

Match day ticket prices roughly?

also how many do they sell? Tigers I think last season sold just shy of 14K
£65 last time I went. It was a very good seat though - great position close to the commentary box and literally a very good seat, very comfortable with plenty of leg room.

Over the past few years don't think I've ever paid less than £40.

We might not be selling out Anfield etc but we regularly get close to being sold out.

Not sure you you'd not think that's a good positive thing. Surely it's better to fill a stadium with slightly cheaper tickets than having less expensive ones. That makes no sense in my view as more fans, more shirts sold, more beers etc sold just a better atmosphere.

This isn't a criticism by the way but surely all teams want sold out stadiums.

Anyone know what sort of crowd they're expecting on Saturday?. Last year it was 72,000 but that was with Tigers being in their first final for years. Obviously Sale haven't been there since 2006 but I don't know how many they will take, not as many as Leicester for sure. There's rumours going round that they could move the final away from Twickenham in the next few years. That would be a great idea. Make it an "event" that creates a buzz rather than just going through the same old routine.

As long as they don't move the final to somewhere equally as difficult and expensive to get to.

Maybe somewhere in then midlands tubas nice and central but need aaa dive stadium though.

This weekend pending but prem final gets >70k each year,
Only stadia in the UK with that are Wembley, Twickenham, Old Trafford and Millennium Stadium

So to go elsewhere means less fans, plus presumably paying more for rent than they get Twickenham for (so pumping ticket prices up?), and also having to play nice with the football season

Biggest stadium in the Midlands is villa park with 42k, for example

This weekend pending but prem final gets >70k each year,
Only stadia in the UK with that are Wembley, Twickenham, Old Trafford and Millennium Stadium

Was going to call you out on Murrayfield but checked and was a bit surprised that's it's only 67K. Amazed that Hampden Park is only 50K given it had the UK's largest ever sporting attendance of 149K in the pre health and safety era.

Not that we'd take our club showpiece north of Hadrian anyway.

Twickenham is the home of English rugby so it's probably the right place . But you'd have to wonder if you had a Sharks v Falcons final.

Genuinely like both clubs. Any time we've met both it has been tough but both clus are great banter but would love to see Sale Sharks do it. Would be great for the game in England and they have done superb work developing talents.

Latest posts