• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 13

Damn Quins should have won that with care just being took into touch when looking like he was in. Then Esterhuizen trippibg over then being denied. And turning down multiple kicks at the posts. And after all that losing by 3 points.

There cant be any complains from Quins fans

******* hell, we actually won a game.

I'm so made up rigjt now..' aside from that, anyone found out what was said at that scrum? Never seen Heenan like that, ever and Marler looked genuinely concerned. Not sure if it was him though.

Last edited:
******* hell, we actually won a game.

I'm so made up rigjt now..' aside from that, anyone found out what was said at that scrum? Never seen Heenan like that, ever and Marler looked genuinely concerned. Not sure if it was him though.
Called his mom a wh*re then said something afterwards the mics didn't pick up,
Right under the refs nose as well - but then I guess when the ref is an ex-teammate you get some leeway

First bit won't do it on it's own, wonder about the second we haven't heard?

Heenan is a tough character who's in the past has been homeless and living out of a car so something was definitely not right to make him react like that. Guess if there's no evidence (TMO said he couldn't hear it) not much will come of it. Bristol have never pursued a citing either.

If Karl Dickson didn't hear anything, why was he blowing up before it kicked off?

Yann Thomas looks pretty unimpressed also.
Did that come up on the mic?
I haven't seen any credible reports from members of the public hearing what was initially said by Marler. A publication put forward a different name than a "yo momma" jibe, but perhaps its best if we stop digging as everything important is out there. On the face of it this isn't your normal sledge and handbags, you can tell by the reaction of multiple people. You can tell by the media. You can tell by the very public apology by Marler.

Is it worthy of a citing? Perhaps if it crosses

9.12 A player must not verbally abuse anyone. Verbal abuse includes, but is not limited to, abuse based on: religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation.
Low-end: Mid-range: Top-end: Max:
6 weeks/matches 12 weeks/matches 18+ weeks/matches 52 weeks/matches

that threshold? Will also depend on evidence too but as Marler has apologised that is an admission of sorts. It could save further action by authorities (especially with Bristol non citing policy) or if other parties like citing commission decide to pursue, condemn him when he could have pleaded innocence or misheard words due to the lack of evidence. We shall see, I guess.

Latest posts