• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 13

I'm taking full credit for his resurgence, just needed some tough love
Likewise regarding my last comments about AJ on here.

I think Adge just cemented his place as first choice 10 with a fantastic 80 minute performance yesterday. Very tough on Sheedy, not just for that (he will get another chance I'm sure) but I also thought the lack of out and out 10 replacement on bench worked well too. Bedlow and Lloyd could have easily slotted into outside half should the need have arisen which gave Bristol much more flexibility. Uren starting probably helped too, he does a lot of work organising and I can see a decent partnership forming with Adge.

Stooke three wins from three matches so far, him Batley and Vui on rotation should give plenty of teams trouble. I'd like to see Morgan Eames break into the first team too as he's a proper unit.

Last edited:
Bit tinfoil but could it be Marler trying to take himself out of a 6N call up...?

I don't think it's that tinfoil given previous TBF. Borthwick was in attendance too.

Not sure that was the reason or just rattled at home though.

Didn't we discuss that 4 years ago? When the article came out.
I dunno, maybe?

I'm only referencing it now because of the new coach, who was in attendance, and whatever happened was completely out of nowhere and apparently bad enough for Luatua to publicly reference it
Just a talking point 🤷‍♂️

A bit TOO surreptitious for that surely? If you want to get yourself in trouble you'd at least make sure the ref heard it wouldn't you? I would have also thought that he's moved through that as he's previously made himself unavailable for selection so realises there's no shame in that.

I think calling someone's mum a whore is crossing the line and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the comment that made the Bristol player lose his ****. Lam and others who know the player much better than me suggest he's not the type to go crazy like that for no reason though.

You don't go after family, especially mums, you make that comment 10 times and most people will brush it off but there will be 2 out of 10 who's mum is dead or who are sensitive to that and will try to kill you.

If he gets cited then it's probably something even worse.

Depends on the type of your mamma joke but nah I don't think it's harsh. It's Marler. Maybe it would be harsh for a first offence but with Marlers history I don't think it's that OTT.

I dunno, maybe?

I'm only referencing it now because of the new coach, who was in attendance, and whatever happened was completely out of nowhere and apparently bad enough for Luatua to publicly reference it
Just a talking point 🤷‍♂️
Just needs a few more gypsy references to make it more certain.

Apparently his mum is in hospital. I doubt Marler knew that but would explain why he reacted like he did.

Whereas Ben Earl's red is dismissed.

I'm not sure how much lower he could have got, so fair dos...
Exactly this, is that an admission that it was potentially harsh, not to deminish head contact clearly that needs stamping out as much as possible but when you look at it it real time, it's certainly difficult for him to adjust properly, a lot of people on Twitter saying he should just have avoided contact full stop which is easier said that done in highdsight, (also feels like Sarries players get less sympathy than most from fans) if he had have made more attempt to wrap it probably would have been a pen at most.

Exactly this, is that an admission that it was potentially harsh, not to deminish head contact clearly that needs stamping out as much as possible but when you look at it it real time, it's certainly difficult for him to adjust properly, a lot of people on Twitter saying he should just have avoided contact full stop which is easier said that done in highdsight, (also feels like Sarries players get less sympathy than most from fans) if he had have made more attempt to wrap it probably would have been a pen at most.
Ref was looking to even up the contest, I suspect.

They're never going to stop these 'second tackler' incidents. Coaches want players to make tackles, which is obvious. PLayer cannot assume it's someone else's man, otherwise two defenders are left shoutinfg 'yours' as the attacker scores a try. Player lines up a tackle on the ball carrier. First tackler changes the position of the ball carrier by making initial contact. Second tackler is 3/4 committed and can only make fractional adjustment, often in reflex self-defence.

End result is something which looks like a high shot with no intent to wrap, but is actually a rugby incident with no illegal intentions.

Unfortunately , some of the more excitable Prem refs then get all bug-eyed and bulge-trousered at whipping out their big red one and the game is ruined.

Latest posts