• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 15

6 kick off slots per weekend, 5 games per weekend, still have two clashes

Waynes World Yes GIF

I'm sure that will stop next year when all matches are televised.
Hopefully, but probably not - the press release said they'd all be on TNT Sports and Discovery+, so they'll still be able to clash em up like they're doing with the two Sunday games this round

So we beat Bath 2 weeks ago and then planned for the QF while they had 2 solid weeks to prepare to play us and a week off...advantage Bath.

Last edited:
Gloucester will not beat Saracens, unfortunately.

1713289365320.png

10 is prob perfect for English rugby ATM
The squads for most teams look to be the most competitive on paper at least.
It needs better scheduling, granted having the Prem cup during the six nations break would help.

Premiership rugby needs to focus developing the championship if they want Rugby to bring in more TV money, and expand the top league back to 12.

Who wants PRL/TNT or whoever to decide when a club can or cannot play?
I mean they already are, they're just doing it ****
Sale's preferred kick off time (everyone submits one to the prem) is Friday evenings, but we're having to play on Sunday - why not let us play on Friday and then they can show the Bristol game on TV and not just the app?

Chessum and Reffell in
Liebenberg and Martin Out

😭
Gonna miss Martin and Hanro, interesting that Carnduff is trusted with the start

Sale Sharks Starting XV:
15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Rob du Preez, 12. Manu Tuilagi, 11. Arron Reed, 10. George Ford, 9. Gus Warr, 1. Bevan Rodd, 2. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3. James Harper, 4. Cobus Wiese, 5. Josh Beaumont, 6. Ben Curry ©, 7. Sam Dugdale, 8. JL du Preez.

Replacements:
16. Tommy Taylor, 17. Si McIntyre, 18. WillGriff John, 19. Ben Bamber, 20. Hyron Andrews, 21. Raffi Quirke, 22. Sam James, 23. Tom O'Flaherty.

As expected, really - little surprised at no Asher but imagine they want a look at WGJ to see if he's worth keeping on past the end of the season

Exeter v Bath
Date
: Saturday 20 April 2024
Time: 17:30
Ref: Adam Leal
TJs: Sara Cox & Jonathan Healy
TMO: David Rose

Exeter:
1 Sio
2 Yeandle
3 Painter
4 Pearson
5 Jenkins [C]
6 Roots
7 Vermeulen
8 Fisilau

09 Cairns
10 Skinner
11 Woodburn
12 Devoto
13 Slade
14 Feyi-Waboso
15 Hodge

16 Norey, 17 Southworth, 18 Street, 19 Dunne, 20 Tshiunza
21 Townsend, 22 Haydon-Wood, 23 Wimbush

Bath:
1 Obano
2 Dunn
3 Stuart
4 Roux
5 Ewels
6 Hill
7 Underhill
8 Barbeary

09 Spencer [C]
10 Bailey
11 Muir
12 Ojomoh
13 Lawrence
14 Cokanasiga
15 Gallagher

16 Faive, 17 Du Toit, 18 Griffin, 19 Du Plessis, 20 Bayliss, 23 Reid
21 Schreuder, 22 Butt

IMG_4808.jpeg

I hate to say it but this is very much a second string team in a lot of places. I guess we are targeting the Quins game and then Europe rather than this game.

I hate to say it but this is very much a second string team in a lot of places. I guess we are targeting the Quins game and then Europe rather than this game.
You've earned the right to rotate, and have a big match coming.
I'd have expected you to go strong this weekend - home match against Leicester and all; saving the rotation for the away match.
But if your coaches think this gives you the best shot against Leinster, then fair enough.

Obviously, as a Bath fan, I'd prefer you to go strong in the league until a home SF is secured; then rotate against Bath on the last day or the regular season ;)

View attachment 19661

That's disappointing. I'm sure rest / other priorities yada yada will be cited. But from a spectator's pov it's pretty poor when a team's not full strength for a traditional derby bust up against their fiercest rivals. It's only a 10 team league - imagine what it would be like with 12 or 13.

Not that Saints fans will give a flying monkeys if they still win.

Latest posts