• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership XV and RGC 1404 to play Georgia in Landmark Games

It's a very good result for Georgia A team!

Premiership XV with RaboPro12/HCup/Amlin Cup/Anglo-Welsh Cup caps this season
1.Richard Cornock
2.Gerwyn Price
3.Marc Jones ?
4.Adam Powell (LLanelli Scarlets / 1 Pro12 + 1 AW Cup)
5.Haydn Pugh (captain)
6.Ben Thomas (Ospreys / 1 AW Cup)
7.James Davies
8.Morgan Allen (Ospreys / 2 Pro12 + 4 AW Cup
9.David Pritchard
10.Steffan Jones (Newport Gwent Dragons / 7 Pro12 + 2 Amlin Cup+ 2 AW Cup)
11.Lee Rees (Llanelli Scarlets/ 1 Pro12 + 1 AW Cup)
12.Scott Williams (Llanelli Scarlets/ 6 HCup games + 6 Pro12)
13.Matthew Jacobs
14.Richard Carter
15.Geraint O'Driscoll (Llanelli Scarlets/ 2 Pro12 games + 1 AW Cup)

16.Andrew Brown (played for Doncaster in England second division and for Newport Gwent Dragons)
17.Will Taylor (Ospreys / 1 Pro12 + 1 AW Cup)
18.Ryan Harford (Cardiff Blues / 6 Pro12 + 3 AW Cup)
19.Sam Kiley
20.Chris Davies (played for Newport Gwent Dragons)
21.Jamie Davies
22.Justin James

Last edited:

Premiership XV with RaboPro12/HCup/Amlin Cup/Anglo-Welsh Cup caps this season
1.Richard Cornock
2.Gerwyn Price
3.Marc Jones ?
4.Adam Powell (LLanelli Scarlets / 1 Pro12 + 1 AW Cup)
5.Haydn Pugh (captain)
6.Ben Thomas (Ospreys / 1 AW Cup)
7.James Davies
8.Morgan Allen (Ospreys / 2 Pro12 + 4 AW Cup
9.David Pritchard
10.Steffan Jones (Newport Gwent Dragons / 7 Pro12 + 2 Amlin Cup+ 2 AW Cup)
11.Lee Rees (Llanelli Scarlets/ 1 Pro12 + 1 AW Cup)
12.Scott Williams (Llanelli Scarlets/ 6 HCup games + 6 Pro12)
13.Matthew Jacobs
14.Richard Carter
15.Geraint O'Driscoll (Llanelli Scarlets/ 2 Pro12 games + 1 AW Cup)

16.Andrew Brown (played for Doncaster in England second division and for Newport Gwen Dragons)
17.Will Taylor (Ospreys / 1 Pro12 + 1 AW Cup)
18.Ryan Harford (Cardiff Blues / 6 Pro12 + 3 AW Cup)
19.Sam Kiley
20.Chris Davies (played for Newport Gwent Dragons)
21.Jamie Davies
22.Justin James

Like to point out before some jump on the bandwagon here and I know what is being said in the above post and it is very misleading. I'd also like to know where some of these stats have come from, because Lee Rees has played 3 times for the Scarlets this season all at the beginning of the season.

The Scott Williams at center is not the Welsh international Scott Williams. So the stats are wrong there. Hardford and Steffan Jones are only the real regional players on display.

Considering players from Neath, Ponty and one or two others were not available, the result is not a bad one at all.

so second division... How does it compare to ProD2 ? ?

I would say worse, there are very few overseas internationals like in ProD2

it's mainly a development league for the Welsh regions kids, don't know much on the standard, Cymro would know better

a very inexperienced and weak Georgia A team as well, only Todua and Berishvili really have much experience of the full side

still pretty much all of this side wouldn't get near my first choice Georgia side, at least not yet maybe Biktadze in the future

I didn't even realise that Georgia had a number 8 in the Gloucester academy by the way

Last edited:
Like to point out before some jump on the bandwagon here and I know what is being said in the above post and it is very misleading. I'd also like to know where some of these stats have come from, because Lee Rees has played 3 times for the Scarlets this season all at the beginning of the season.

The Scott Williams at center is not the Welsh international Scott Williams. So the stats are wrong there. Hardford and Steffan Jones are only the real regional players on display.

Considering players from Neath, Ponty and one or two others were not available, the result is not a bad one at all.

Stats from itsrugby.co.uk
I don't really know the welsh players... Maybe i've made some confusions...

I would say worse, there are very few overseas internationals like in ProD2

it's mainly a development league for the Welsh regions kids, don't know much on the standard, Cymro would know better

Pretty much so. It's not a bad standard. It produces / seemingly does produce players for regions and who then go onto the Welsh team. I'd say the standard is not that of Pro D2. Most of the teams are made up from up and coming youngsters aka Wales U20 and below, some regional contracted players, some late developers and the regional drop outs who are not good enough to earn contracts outside of Wales. Little or none international experience in the league. Silo Martens and Timani both played last season for Carmarthen Quins both of whom have international experience.

But got to admit its a cracking result for Georgia. Hopefully now the full Wales and Georgia sides meet at somepoint in the near future.

Last edited:
Ah damn, had a few weeks off of posting on here and I miss this. Would have liked to seen this, know 1 or two in the side. Not a bad result for the prem XV considering the player pool. interesting stuff

I didn't even realise that Georgia had a number 8 in the Gloucester academy by the way

In fact in 2011, 2 georgians (center Sharikadze born 1993 and wing Nijaradze born 1987) moved to England.
These 2 guys plays for Hartpury College and played some games for Gloucester U19 (Sharikadze) and Gloucester A (Nijaradze)
These 2 players are members of Georgia 7 team, Sharikadze is now a full member of Georgia National team.
In 2012 5 new players (including n8 Tkesheliadze) also joined England and Hartpury College.
I think Tkesheliadze (born in 1991), like Sharikadze and Nijaradze plays for the university, and plays some games with the academy

Ah damn, had a few weeks off of posting on here and I miss this. Would have liked to seen this, know 1 or two in the side. Not a bad result for the prem XV considering the player pool. interesting stuff

Was played at the Brewery Field. Hopefully there will be a highlights package somewhere soon.

Full Time: Georgia A 36-32 Principality Premiership XV

How sure are you of this? WRU reporting it 35-22
confused_smiley.gif

Last edited:
RGC 1404 squad to play Georgia "A" in the last match of the tour, not heard of any of them to be honest, will this be an easier opposition than the Principality Premiership XV?

Carwyn Ap Myrrdin - Nant Conwy
Marc Grey - Llangefni
Ben Stelmaszek - Bethesda
Noamh Davey - Chester
Richard Hopkins - Mold
Rhodri Carlton-Jones - Rhyl
Afon Bagshaw - RGC 1404 Academy
Harri Evans - RGC 1404 Academy
Bryn Phillips - Welsh Exiles
Mike Jones - RGC 1404 Academy
Elgan Davies - Nant Conwy
Andrew Williams - Caernarfon
Dale Blackmore - Rhyl
Mareddyd Francis - RGC 1404 Academy
Rhodri Evans - RGC 1404 Academy
Andrew Baston - Chester
Liam Leung - Caernarfon
Brandon Allsop - Llangefni
Tom Hughes - Bala
Jack Matthews - Caernarfon
Tom Parry - Pwllheli
Meilir Parry - RGC 1404 Academy
James Grundy - RGC 1404 Academy
Barry Roberts - Bro Ffestiniog

RGC 1404 squad to play Georgia "A" in the last match of the tour, not heard of any of them to be honest, will this be an easier opposition than the Principality Premiership XV?

Carwyn Ap Myrrdin - Nant Conwy
Marc Grey - Llangefni
Ben Stelmaszek - Bethesda
Noamh Davey - Chester
Richard Hopkins - Mold
Rhodri Carlton-Jones - Rhyl
Afon Bagshaw - RGC 1404 Academy
Harri Evans - RGC 1404 Academy
Bryn Phillips - Welsh Exiles
Mike Jones - RGC 1404 Academy
Elgan Davies - Nant Conwy
Andrew Williams - Caernarfon
Dale Blackmore - Rhyl
Mareddyd Francis - RGC 1404 Academy
Rhodri Evans - RGC 1404 Academy
Andrew Baston - Chester
Liam Leung - Caernarfon
Brandon Allsop - Llangefni
Tom Hughes - Bala
Jack Matthews - Caernarfon
Tom Parry - Pwllheli
Meilir Parry - RGC 1404 Academy
James Grundy - RGC 1404 Academy
Barry Roberts - Bro Ffestiniog

Very much a youth selection from what I have read with from the RCG 1404, 7 from the under 18s and a further 4 from their under 20s team, its very much a good experience builder for them I think will be interesting how well they do against the Gergian's.

Last edited:
Good to see Carwyn ap Myrddin involved. Cracking player.

Chance for youth to shine against Georgia
RGC 1404 will play their first home game at Eirias on Saturday when they face a Georgia International XV (kick-off 7.30pm)
RGC 1404 head coach Chris Horsman will give youth a chance, with no fewer than seven Under 18 and a further four Under 20 players included.
The side, skippered by Kelvin Davies, will be looking to build upon their highly encouraging performance against Sale Jets two weeks ago when they lost 26-12. However, they are under no illusions as to the scale of the task facing them against a Georgian side that narrowly defeated a Welsh Premiership XV on Tuesday night.
Horsman is more than aware of the level of the commitment the team is showing in the build-up to the game.
"In addition to our sessions, nearly all of the boys have also got club training as well as having to balance the everyday demands of work , family etc," he said. "The fact that that they are prepared to demonstrate such a high level of commitment as we look forward to the match against Georgia shows just how seriously they are taking the game.
"The performance against Sale Jets was by some way our best of the season thus far and we will be looking to take the lessons learnt in that game into the one against Georgia on Saturday."
Horsman, together with assistant coach Damian McGrath, travelled to Bridgend to watch the Georgian's victory.
"Playing Georgia on Saturday night will by some way be our most challenging test of the season," he said. "Not only is it a massive game for RGC 1404 but it is also a huge opportunity to all those selected to play to show exactly how far they have progressed.
"Selecting the squad was hugely difficult such is the strength in depth that we are fortunate to have and there are a number of players who can consider themselves very unlucky not to be playing on Saturday evening.
"All those involved are very much looking forward to the game and we are hopeful of having a large home crowd there behind us."
WRU Performance Development Manager gave Marc Roberts, added: "From an academy point of view this is a genuinely exciting fixture. It's fantastic to see WRU RGC Academy boys who were playing age grade rugby just a matter of three months ago take on a senior International team.
"It just goes to show the growth we can make as a North Wales region when you see young players making such progress. It also gives ambition and incentive to the next generation of senior RGC1404 players."
Those attending the match will get the added bonus of seeing the RBS 6 Nations trophy make an appearance at Eirias before the match.

WRU

I saw the squad getting off their bus and into the Park Plaza hotel on Greyfriar's Road on Tuesday - my housemate has an obsession with Georgian Rugby (thanks to playing as them ad nauseum on Rugby 06) and got some quality pics!! :D

what position? which region's academy?

Fullback. Played for Aberystwyth Town RFC some two years ago, whilst he was a student at the university. Had a spell of nasty injuries, missed the start of the season to two shoulder ops and a two knee ops. Amazing. He's not been involved within a region academy, a product of Nant Conwy in North Wales.

Any relation to Llywarch ap Myrddin? Played a few matches for Llanelli this year.

what position? which region's academy?

He plays fullback for Nant Conwy from what I found looking around seems to be bit of a points machine with the boot and ball in hand, I am not sure if he has a region down south but I assume he plays for the RGC 1404 region.

edit: sorry already been answered by someone else.....:rolleyes:

Any relation to Llywarch ap Myrddin? Played a few matches for Llanelli this year.

You be correct, brothers. Aye made his debut for Llanelli against Neath only to be carted off within 10 mins of coming on because he was gouged apparently. Currently play with him now for Aberystwyth Town.

Latest posts