• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Preseason Friendlies

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bowerman @ Aug 23 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
while the Tigers -Typcially, of an English club- where purely focused on winning, winning, winning.[/b]

you say that like it's a bad thing
[/b][/quote]
In a friendly, I believe it almost is. They took it as if it was the Heinkiein Cup or something, kicknig everything, and never taking any chances at all, which -Let's be honest- isn't very entertaining, or at least not when the other team is trying to put on a show.

At the end of the day, they're in preparation for a long season ahead, not "entertaining" people. They're going to be practising and fine-tuning their game-plan.

Cardiff don't have an important game until the 10th of October... :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 23 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
At the end of the day, they're in preparation for a long season ahead, not "entertaining" people. They're going to be practising and fine-tuning their game-plan.

Cardiff don't have an important game until the 10th of October... :p[/b]

And the 28th of August isn't? Can't wait to whoop Saints asses ;) (Bet you we'll lose now that I've said that :p )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Aug 23 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 23 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the 28th of August isn't? Can't wait to whoop Saints asses ;) (Bet you we'll lose now that I've said that :p )
[/b][/quote]

Unless our lot learn to play for more then 40 minutes, I'm not getting my hopes up!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Aug 23 2009, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bowerman @ Aug 23 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
while the Tigers -Typcially, of an English club- where purely focused on winning, winning, winning.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
In a friendly, I believe it almost is. They took it as if it was the Heinkiein Cup or something, kicknig everything, and never taking any chances at all, which -Let's be honest- isn't very entertaining, or at least not when the other team is trying to put on a show.
[/b][/quote]

But if that's how they plan on playing the season then they should get in form for it...so the players know the expectations from match play experience.
And...I wouldn't really know about live entertaining rugby, i've only ever been to one live rugby game (the only game my province has ever had Canada vs Ireland). So, to me, winning is what matters - especially when your only source of live tigers games is radio feed - in which flashy actions, and plays don't translate well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Aug 23 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 23 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, they're in preparation for a long season aheadhttp://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=33&t=49935&qpid=409184, not "entertaining" people. They're going to be practising and fine-tuning their game-plan.

[/b][/quote]
You not only lost, you had your arses handed to you. 42-9 at home???!!! I thought I'd paid to see the Blues, not Bedwas Fourths. Oh, and your stadium's **** as well!
Yeeeaaaahhhhhh, how'd you like that en?!!!

Well London Irish handed out a good beating to Leinster last night (in a near capacity Donnybrook). A disjointed game from a Leinster point of view with the first substitution coming after 20 minutes and a flood of them coming and going every 20 mins or so.

Seemed to be too different attitudes really. London Irish came to win, there was no doubt of that after the first round of handbags about 60 seconds in to the game, and while Leinster tried to step up to the challenge there were simply far too many basic errors all through the game for them to gain any kind of momentum. Add to that a penalty count of about 20-3 in favour of Irish (and rightly so) and it was a fair result (8-24)

Report: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/3717.php

Teams:
15: Niall Morris (Girvan Dempsey, 23), 14: Shane Horgan (Stephen Keogh, 76), 13: Fergus McFadden, 12: Shaun Berne, 11: Isa Nacewa, 10: Jonathan Sexton, 9: Simon Keogh (Paul O'Donohoe, 31) (David Moore, 61), 1: Ronan McCormack (Cian Healy, half-time), 2: Bernard Jackman (John Fogarty, half-time), 3: Stan Wright (Mike Ross, 61), 4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN (Malcolm O'Kelly, 56), 5: Devin Toner, 6: Sean O’Brien (Kevin McLaughlin, half-time)
7: Shane Jennings, 8: Stephen Keogh (Billy Ngawini, 74) (All the Lions were sitting in the stand but not togged out)

15: Peter Hewat (Australia), 14: Marcus Watson, 13: Delon Armitage, 12: Seilala Mapusua (Samoa), 11: Sailosi Tagicakibau (Samoa), 10: Ryan Lamb, 9: Paul Hodgson, 1: Clarke Dermody (New Zealand) CAPTAIN, 2: Danie Coetzee (South Africa), 3: Paulica Ion (Romania), 4: Andy Perry, 5: Nick Kennedy, 6: Declan Danaher, 7: Steffon Armitage, 8: Chris Hala’Ufia (Tonga)

Was impressed by Niall Morris (20 minutes I saw of him) and Paul O'Donohoe. Kevin McLaughlin also looked very good at 6 when he came on. From london Irish point of view. Armitage at 13 looked in fine form, Hodgson was really lively and Lamb (he who tackles worse then O'gara) threw the ball around quite well and his kicking was pretty much bang on all day.

Irish look ready for the season, Leinster look way off the pace. Lots to do, lots and lots to do.

Sale beat Exeter Chiefs 17-13 yesterday,
Cohen played the full 80mins, but got no tries (Sales were got by Gaskell, Koyamaibole and Schofield).
Not doing too impressivley in the pre-season, really. Hopefully we can get back on form for the GP =/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bowerman @ Aug 24 2009, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Aug 23 2009, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bowerman @ Aug 23 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

But if that's how they plan on playing the season then they should get in form for it...so the players know the expectations from match play experience.
And...I wouldn't really know about live entertaining rugby, i've only ever been to one live rugby game (the only game my province has ever had Canada vs Ireland). So, to me, winning is what matters - especially when your only source of live tigers games is radio feed - in which flashy actions, and plays don't translate well.
[/b][/quote]

Justin TV is the answer to your porblems ;) It;s great for watching live Premiership and Heineken Games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Aug 29 2009, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Aug 23 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, they're in preparation for a long season aheadhttp://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=33&t=49935&qpid=409184, not "entertaining" people. They're going to be practising and fine-tuning their game-plan.

[/b][/quote]
You not only lost, you had your arses handed to you. 42-9 at home???!!! I thought I'd paid to see the Blues, not Bedwas Fourths. Oh, and your stadium's **** as well!
Yeeeaaaahhhhhh, how'd you like that en?!!!
[/b][/quote]

At least we're not the idiots playing in gold ;) We play in Pink like real men :D I missed the match though because I was working, btu meh not too bothered. We have a ridiculous amount of injuries atm, wasn;t anywhere near our first (or 2nd tbh) starting 15. Who the hell is Andries Pretorius anyway?! :huh: Since when did he play for the Blues?

Latest posts