• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evo 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the reviews have been good for the Manager Franchise Mode, so I say f*** you all, Ive got dumbass Fans to rip off with my exborent ticket prices as Sc***thrope return to the top.

When you pommy blokes load up a 2-player 'Friendly' on PES - Do you play to WIN

Or do you play just to please the crowd, sponsors and organsises, that would have turned up anyways on a CPU screen
<

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 11 2005, 05:30 PM
Me no comprehend post
just re-iterating how pathetic the so called "friendlies" in soccer, and how people try and justify a loss, by saying "It was a friendly"

we have beaten and drew with many top tier teams..........all friendlies tho....so we have scared/shallow victories in the eyes of the soccer world - when in reality, when ur behind on the scoreboard it doesnt matter the circumstances - ur losing a match u turned up to win

I reckon.

The soccer super powers have players galore who are at a very high standard and will give their all for their country. Friendlies are never that and a loss should be seen as a loss.

A bit like when the American Basketball team loses and they say "We didn't have our super stars playing" Too bad, it goes down as a stat. Serves them right also for the arrogance of sending their second tier stars to play, God bless America. Also.................the NBA must be a totally useless competition if the gap between the super stars and the stars is so big that unless a superstar plays they may lose a basketball world cup.

Originally posted by ak47+Oct 11 2005, 06:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 11 2005, 06:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Oct 11 2005, 05:30 PM
Me no comprehend post
just re-iterating how pathetic the so called "friendlies" in soccer, and how people try and justify a loss, by saying "It was a friendly"

we have beaten and drew with many top tier teams..........all friendlies tho....so we have scared/shallow victories in the eyes of the soccer world - when in reality, when ur behind on the scoreboard it doesnt matter the circumstances - ur losing a match u turned up to win [/b]
Friendlies do not matter - the England manager thinks they are a waste of time and are therefore treated as such.

See you (and wallop you) in a competetive match, if you ever get the chance to play us.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 12 2005, 08:13 PM
Friendlies do not matter - the England manager thinks they are a waste of time and are therefore treated as such.
With a record like his and your job on the line of course he's gonna say that. Now if he beat Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Argentina convincingly (2 goal gaps) in the space of a year and they were all "friendlies"..................

.................what do you think he would say if the press asked him "So Sven.....how would you rate this years results?"

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 12 2005, 08:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 12 2005, 08:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Oct 12 2005, 08:13 PM
With a record like his and your job on the line of course he's gonna say that. Now if he beat Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Argentina convincingly (2 goal gaps) in the space of a year and they were all "friendlies"..................

.................what do you think he would say if the press asked him "So Sven.....how would you rate this years results?" [/b]
We beat Spain 3-0 in his very first match in charge!

Sven: It was just a friendly.

He HATES international friendlies, he'd rather just have a training camp.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Oct 12 2005, 08:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 12 2005, 08:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 12 2005, 08:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Oct 12 2005, 08:13 PM

.................what do you think he would say if the press asked him "So Sven.....how would you rate this years results?"
We beat Spain 3-0 in his very first match in charge!

Sven: It was just a friendly.

He HATES international friendlies, he'd rather just have a training camp. [/b]
Ok fair enough. I will go and eat something friendly

ok ive been lucky enough to actually play this games,i was only allowed to play freindlies so heres my thoughts,

the match engine is smoother than ever, and the ball physics are nothing short of phenomenal, the game looks authentinc and feels authentic, forget about pressing x behind the defender - do that at your peril as the harsher refs will award a freekick, the generel tussles for the ball and goal mouth scrambles make pes yet again the best footie sim on the market, ive also played fifa, and can hands down say that this game leaves it for dead, the heading system have improved enormously with a power system that is effective, little chips over the advancing goalkeeper have also been tweaked, and you can now make clever touches in the air, truly great. The passing is alot better, as now you have to pick out your perfect pass, you cant just pass and hope for the best, you actually have do some craftsmanship, but let me tell you theres nothing better when youve done a sweet one - two to open up clean on goal and chip over and advancing goal keeper.

yet again the main flaw has to be commentary, yet again it sounds pre recorded and mechanical. unfortuantely where joined by those two idiots from last year, and the same stuped comments emerge.

but buy this game its great, truly a must have.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 14 2005, 05:31 AM
ok ive been lucky enough to actually play this games,i was only allowed to play freindlies so heres my thoughts,

the match engine is smoother than ever, and the ball physics are nothing short of phenomenal, the game looks authentinc and feels authentic, forget about pressing x behind the defender - do that at your peril as the harsher refs will award a freekick, the generel tussles for the ball and goal mouth scrambles make pes yet again the best footie sim on the market, ive also played fifa, and can hands down say that this game leaves it for dead, the heading system have improved enormously with a power system that is effective, little chips over the advancing goalkeeper have also been tweaked, and you can now make clever touches in the air, truly great. The passing is alot better, as now you have to pick out your perfect pass, you cant just pass and hope for the best, you actually have do some craftsmanship, but let me tell you theres nothing better when youve done a sweet one - two to open up clean on goal and chip over and advancing goal keeper.

yet again the main flaw has to be commentary, yet again it sounds pre recorded and mechanical. unfortuantely where joined by those two idiots from last year, and the same stuped comments emerge.

but buy this game its great, truly a must have.
The PC demo's been out a while and I'd have to agree, feels like a real step in a different direction this year. Sure some will slate it, but definately feels more 'solid', with good advantage and foul systems in place - good shoulder barging etc and you can really tell whether you're controlling Roy Keane or some skinny winger. Reckon this will add a lot to Master league mode as it should make a real difference which players you sign depending on what tactics you'll be using. Fifa is good this year, and the licenses are always a massive bonus, but PES is definately the better game, and with option files can be updated to look the business too.

Welll come on TRF EURO contingent

Spill the beans on this baby

Is it out yet - I heard 19th/20th/21st EURO release - someone must have one by now

1 week to go till the socceroos take the pitch in PES5..........they better have ARCHIE THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EB are telling me mid november
but every website i hit says 28th friday in Australia and NZ
1 week to go until pure bliss!!!

Deadset this game rocks my socks every year, and after reading all the improvments and even more 10/10 reviews - What the hell can it do to get even better
<

I've got it on pre-order so should be getting it tomorrow or friday... very excited! Sure someone will manage to get it before me, but happy to answer any questions for all of you unlucky SH guys that have to wait for it! Getting it on xbox.

It's out tomorrow (friday) but I wont have it sadly, I'll have to listen on.
<

Mine dispatched first thing this morning and is on next day delivery, so should have it for after work (about 5ish) tomorrow afternoon... was tempted to pull a sickie but need the cash as well! Anything anyone wants to know or shall I just whack up a few general impressions and an xbox to pc (demo) comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts