• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro12: Round 20

Hi kicked a guy in the head, accidental or not its reckless. If it was on the street it'd be a GBH / Assault and Battery charge. I don't get how you can see it as nothing other than at least a Yellow, I think it should be a red and a 2 week ban minimum.

Intent shouldn't matter in a situation like that, there always was a risk of making contact of the players head therefore it shouldn't have been attempted..
Am ok fair play write a letter so to ERC stating your claim they hand out ban and again it was his shin and not foot hit head but guess we lucky so everyone that matters seen there was no case to answer. Ha they should let Mods here be in IRB we could have a different IRB then :p

Being hit with a shin or a foot makes no real difference, if anything a shin is worse the bone is thicker and less surface area in general...

I just fail to see how it isnt a card personally at least. Regardless what has happened has happened, also if this happened to 2 teams you had no support for really would you're view be the same? that as it wasn't intended to kick him its all ok?

Well yes and fact he's been assessed by a few different personnel and all found him not guilty so yea I find outcome correct. And shin is worst in terms of pain etc yes but it wasn't anything more than kick and spin it around if shin hit shoulder would it be treated same way. No. So again no case to answer and if it were 2 teams I didn't support I doubt I'd even comment or care

Do we have a most one eyed member section in the awards? ^_^

This is pathetic. The guy kicked a fellow player who was lying on the ground full force in the head. That's the issue at it's most simple. Deserved a ban.

No sure what was worse: O'Connell purposely kicking another players head or O'Connell being so uncoordinated and completely missing the ball.

This is pathetic. The guy kicked a fellow player who was lying on the ground full force in the head. That's the issue at it's most simple. Deserved a ban.
Like Healy deserved a ban for stamping (YET AGAIN) on a Munster player but guess what they didn't ;)
Case was examined and case closed our panel has examined and deemed no need for further action ;)

Like Healy deserved a ban for stamping (YET AGAIN) on a Munster player but guess what they didn't ;) Case was examined and case closed our panel has examined and deemed no need for further action ;)
Okay, this is about the worst attitude you can take to the issue. An act of foul play going unnoticed does not all of a sudden render all other such acts null and void. As I've stated earlier in the thread, I have yet to see the Healy incident of which you (and only you thus far it should be noted) speak but if it is dangerous then he should be punished.

The referee, his officials and the citing officer have a responsibility to ensure that the welfare of the players involved is protected. By allowing such a clearly dangerous, albeit not malicious, act to go unpunished they are setting a dangerous precedent. Is it now okay for players to go around the edges of rucks kicking out as they choose as long as when they connect the can say "oh sorry, I didn't mean to"?

It seems farcical to me that spitting on a guy seems to be totally unacceptable, while kicking someone full force in the head while in a vulnerable position is just fine.

Sad day.

Last edited:
Here's a question - when was the last time a front line Irish player received a ban from an Interpro? Has it ever happened?

edit:
Like Healy deserved a ban for stamping (YET AGAIN) on a Munster player but guess what they didn't ;)
Case was examined and case closed our panel has examined and deemed no need for further action ;)

Whataboutery at its worse.

Last edited:
Sexton, Quinlan and I think that Horan was in recent years and Feic yea worst attitude is accepting all the people that matters judgement like ye can ***** moan dig up all you want fact is not everyone agrees with opinion here and well he's off case closed and no amount of *****ing moaning or saying its wrong will change that.

And ye all say is it ok so to just kick at side of ruck and if ye connect say sorry and it ok. If ye sign petition maybe it will be

Munstermuffin when exactly has a Leinster fan called PO'C a thug? Please don't just say Leinster fans. I'm on this board and another and live in Dublin with most guys in my school being Leinster fans and have not heard another person call him a thug.

Also can you please find footage of this stamp by Healy you are the only person I've seen, heard whatever mention it.

The blatant inconsistency, where an Irish player who needs to play to be deemed fit enough for a Lions tour is not cited for a blatant kick in the head (and I agree with (almost) everyone else, it was reckless rather than with intent to damage) against a multi week ban for a French, guy spitting (no matter how horrible that is) does as much damage to Rugby as Tiger Woods being allowed to continue after blatantly cheating, in order, allegedly, to ensure maximum commercial value is attained for the Masters tournament, does to Golf.

However, I suspect that it is Woods rather than O'Connells reputation that will be damaged the most!

This is what I see as clumsy:

Leonard was falling while Wellies was being Wellies. Unintentional. Ban-worthy, I don't think so.
O'Connell seemed to have more time/less risk but still managed to get a bootful of Dave's nut.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all Draggs - Bull crap if you saying POC had loads of time to pull out.

At BG8 - Read Irish Times Comments, Babbling Brook, Thornley, Boards, Some articles like Joural.ie and Rugbydump from all "self-proclaimed" Leinster Fans I'll copy and paste a few. And I'll find footage of Healy I saw it live so know it in 2nd half will find it though.

And then I ask like Tony say - POC's reputation will be damaged albeit not as much as Tiger Woods - Again if people accept it was a pure accidental incident (regardless of ban) why would the reputation be tarnished. IF people are accepting it was accidental, not malicious or anything but a reckless mistake why would a reputation be tarnished like???

Last edited:
Oh sorry I misinterpreted Tony lol Paulie is being kept for commercial reasons to Heineken Cup ha must be very desperate so :p and Paulies reputation is tarnished as he didn't ban himself ha ha

First of all Draggs - Bull crap if you saying POC had loads of time to pull out.

At BG8 - Read Irish Times Comments, Babbling Brook, Thornley, Boards, Some articles like Joural.ie and Rugbydump from all "self-proclaimed" Leinster Fans I'll copy and paste a few. And I'll find footage of Healy I saw it live so know it in 2nd half will find it though

I've seen Munster fans on Twitter saying Kearney should not have gotten his head in the way of the ball and it was fair game for O'Connell to kick through it so don't throw the idiot Leinster fans at us because there is also an abundance of idiot Munster fans.

I think the things is MM when your saying Leinster fans were calling him a thug here your suggesting it was the guys on here saying it. My thoughts are that it was reckless and dangerous, probably deserved of 1-2 week ban. Considering the lack of competency of the citing system its hardly new something goes under/un/over punished.

I've seen Munster fans on Twitter saying Kearney should not have gotten his head in the way of the ball and it was fair game for O'Connell to kick through it so don't throw the idiot Leinster fans at us because there is also an abundance of idiot Munster fans.
but it was fair game to kick through in my eyes.......
And I never want to see a player injured and what happened was unfortunate but these things happen and will again and I have already stated in a previous post I'm not refferring to all Leinster Fans but take as you wish

I think the things is MM when your saying Leinster fans were calling him a thug here your suggesting it was the guys on here saying it. My thoughts are that it was reckless and dangerous, probably deserved of 1-2 week ban. Considering the lack of competency of the citing system its hardly new something goes under/un/over punished.
Already stated that I wasn't refferring top here and Snoop how would POC know he was half out of it so yeah it is alright he went for the ball accidents happen and he was cleared no case to answer