• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro12: Round 20

but it was fair game to kick through in my eyes.......

How, Kearney's head was in the way? It was always in the way, from the moment he hit the deck. This wasn't a split second thing where kearney's head happened to fall into the same place as the ball whilst POC was swinging his boot e.g. the Stephen Jones incident Draggs posted above. This was Kearney on the ground, 3 second later POC kicks his head....

but it was fair game to kick through in my eyes.......
And I never want to see a player injured and what happened was unfortunate but these things happen and will again and I have already stated in a previous post I'm not refferring to all Leinster Fans but take as you wish

I don't think its ever fair game to kick through a prone players head.

The point I was trying to make is that it is being blown out of proportion calling POC a thug but if it was the other way round Munster fans led by Conor George would blow it out of proportion also.

Sure ;) It always different with Munster again write a letter to ERC and best comment now is it's Declan Kidney's fault POC was let off ha. Again regards Jones was it not here that it was said it don't matter about intent etc s yet now it does :D

To be honest BG8 the incident happened around the 47th minute of game and it wasnt seen on camera or no reference made but none either when Paulie gave little flick out at Healy too and well I was saying about BOD kicking earlier well Paulie did same and well as I said if they went knit picking then Paulie may have had 2 incidents.

attachment.php

Something a bit lighter.

Also it was Sean O'Brien regarding that stamp straight down on DOC but regards Owens and BOD - I remember that issue it was right before a 22 was conceded

How, Kearney's head was in the way? It was always in the way, from the moment he hit the deck. This wasn't a split second thing where kearney's head happened to fall into the same place as the ball whilst POC was swinging his boot e.g. the Stephen Jones incident Draggs posted above. This was Kearney on the ground, 3 second later POC kicks his head....

Exactly.

O'Connell is very lucky. He is obviously entitled to kick a ball in open play, and I don't think anyone thought as one of the senior members of the Irish Squad he intended to kick another Irish player in the head, and i think the Leinster players lack or reaction showed that. Still think O'Connell is lucky. At the same time glad he is available for the Semi Final! Mumhan Abu.

To be honest incidents like these should be dealt with by independent judiciaries and not end at the citing commissioner. How can anyone argue that this incident is not worth review by a judiciary, regardless if a ban should be put in place. Is quite clear that this issue is not clear cut and should be resolved appropriately.

Ye still on about this :zzz::zzz:

Your talking complete sh!te in this thread MM.

I know its raw, I know you probably think Munster are getting unfair treatment from most comers. But, perhaps in time, you'll realise POC was quite fortunate to get off with it and get on with it.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will ponder just what this farce means to the integrity of the game. I expect numerous defences at the citing commisions now to be based on the issue being little more than "careless" play. The IRFU (and possibly ERC) have definitely made a rod for their own back here.

I know its raw, I know you probably think Munster are getting unfair treatment from most comers. But, perhaps in time, you'll realise POC was quite fortunate to get off with it and get on with it.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will ponder just what this farce means to the integrity of the game. I expect numerous defences at the citing commisions now to be based on the issue being little more than "careless" play. The IRFU (and possibly ERC) have definitely made a rod for their own back here.

I have little fear on that score at least; inconsistency in the citing process hasn't bothered either for some time.

But otherwise, applause.

Yea I will be more happy thinking about nice trip to Montpellier but I won't be worrying as I think correct outcome occurred and if you think that talking **** fair enough but it my opinion and look what happened was unfortunate but not 1 of touch judge ref or citing commissioner felt he was punishable. So hope ye get closure on it eventually too

In fairness I can see where Munstermuffin is coming from feeling people are blowing this out of proportion. The comments on the Leinster forums are fairly sickening...

In reference to earlier though I'd like to say I think it a minority of Leinster fans are like it. And same for Munster fans I was sickened that 1 attacked Owens on twitter and highlighted his sexuality which is a disgrace and they are no fans.
But my biggest gripe is with some journalists too that were on a witch hunt for a story after trying to be so far up Paulies arse during week

In fairness I can see where Munstermuffin is coming from feeling people are blowing this out of proportion. The comments on the Leinster forums are fairly sickening...

And what about the comments on MunsterFans.com ?????

In reference to earlier though I'd like to say I think it a minority of Leinster fans are like it. And same for Munster fans I was sickened that 1 attacked Owens on twitter and highlighted his sexuality which is a disgrace and they are no fans.
But my biggest gripe is with some journalists too that were on a witch hunt for a story after trying to be so far up Paulies arse during week

Perhaps they are just highlighting the inconsistency and joke of the citing system and not looking for a witch hunt?

Talking of citings. This has gone unmentioned this week. Favaro suspected gouging on Ian Evans. No word on whether this has been cited.

diapoc4715b826eadfd85b4a24513de0a992d.gif

There was another suspected eye gouging incident recently involving Treviso and Cardiff Blues that received no further action as well.

diapo88fdfe042a556f07960de1f619768ff6.gif

Perhaps they are just highlighting the inconsistency and joke of the citing system and not looking for a witch hunt?

Talking of citings. This has gone unmentioned this week. Favaro suspected gouging on Ian Evans. No word on whether this has been cited.

There was another suspected eye gouging incident recently involving Treviso and Cardiff Blues that received no further action as well.

Well obviously yes you're going to get stupid comments on a fan forum, I think people have already pointed out idiotic comments by some Munster fans (Nigel's twitter), nice to get a look at the other side of the story, isn't int? On what MM is saying, I agree that the citing system is a joke, and a ban was on the cards (glad he wasn't banned) but I don't think anyone can call O'Connell's honesty as a player into question, and most Leinster fans I have seen seem fairly pleased he wasn't cited, although rightly ****** off about it in principle. Honestly that gouging gif above seems far more malicous and seriously dangerous, and the fact that no one has even discussed this incedent makes this talk of POC stink of a witch hunt.

If you had even 1% knowledge of journalists here you will know there is nothing to do with inconsistencies and just had look at MunsterFans.

3 Points they noted was:
1 Highlighted incidents I mentioned earlier at BG8. Other incidents but no mention of a "they should be cited etc"
2. BOD appealed to touch judge for POC to be sin binned and basically BOD wants captaincy of Lions and will do anything for it. And Munster fans understand that and respect that.
3. Just somehow moved on to talking about Newcastle fans and well a mention of sad events in Boston so don't know what up there.

And again I'd highlight it's sad that the game isn't even mentioned anywhere as it was a great game and lads like Madigan and O'Donnell aren't being praised for class act showings

Can I ask an honest question if POC was cited, appeared in front of a committee and let off -
Would that not have caused people then to say "Coruption he should've got ban" and then he got 2 weeks people would complain he should've got 4 etc etc like I think people are never going to be happy but as I said media really burnt bridge with Munster.
Sky did it by trying to sneak in to our dressing room on HEC days now we have them banned from door and Gareth Fitz follows them around madly on HEC days.
Now Thornley really tried to be smart and it backfired on to him

Latest posts